Need Tech Help...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by t_roy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright guys I just bought a 27" wide screen Olevia LCD television. Right now it is just hooking the cable directly to the tv. I will call about HD cable in the morning. But as I am watching the tv the screen looks distorted when viewing wide screen. Does anyone know how to make this stop? I have been through the CD and the menu options and I am in 16:9 aspect ratio 480i. I don't know how to change the 480. Surely the picture will look better then what I am viewing or I am sending the tv back.

Anyone can help?

No Streaming Account
  2. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    on my TV I hit the format button and that will switch setting of the screen. Also keep in mind that without the HD hook up I would imagine that your picture won't look that great. I am suprised that you have been through the manual and you were unable to find out how to do this.. Good luck

No Streaming Account
  3. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah as bones said, without HD & HDMI or DVI hookup the picture will look pretty bad. Anything that is 4:3 or Standard Definition has to be stretched to make it a fake 16:9. Now some TV's do that better then others. Mine stretch's the whole picture to make it 16:9, others like my parents stretch's just the ends where the picture looks kinda distorted. Some have options to choose which setting you prefer, you'd have to look at your manual to see if you tv has those options.

EDIT: You won't be able to changed from 480i/480p unless you have HD cables hooked up. Those can be: (From worst to best) A) Component Cables B)DVI Cable C)HDMI Cable

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
    drummerJ99
  4. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to contact my Cable company.

No Streaming Account