* New * NHL 18 Beta; Game Play Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 28, 2017.

1. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5

In my opinion they did this to reduce trucking the goalie when he is covering in his crease. You blast into him, the net comes off the moorings, and the face off is out of the zone. This doesn't happen every time but enough to put some doubt in the minds of the post whistle antics.

No Streaming Account
  2. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    They need to leave G right where it is. This is the absolute best tuning they have ever had for goalie. We can complain about getting sniped or being beat on a break away but that's the way she goes as a goalie. You get scored on. I think this version of ea sports NHL will give the best players and the gifted thumb users reward for being better. I think we all agree the skating needs some tweaking but the best case scenario for goalies is to have things stay exactly like they are now.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. the_killer4672

the_killer4672 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the biggest/most annoying issues are:
    1. The name bar...I have Bronson on the back on my EASHL jersey but for some reason it's cut off like 1/4 of the top.
    2. The skill stick is SO SLOW, I am like 3/20 on breakaways and 1 of those were just pure luck. I love my forehand back hand and in this game it's non existent.
    3. I find the new dekes are very hard for EASHL classes to pull off, and I'd like a slight increase of success rate.
    4. Turning takes a year and 1/2 so please fix that...
    5. In 3on3 crashing the goalie goals are ridiculous and should not count...

That's all that really annoys me so I hope you bring these all up to EA, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. BROWNMANCAN

BROWNMANCAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 18 / -15
    Bumping players off pucks needs to be brought back. It seems like it's easier for guys to carry to the middle from the sideboards in the ozone. Numerous times I've seen guys with no speed turn away from defenders and are able to break checks. No acceptable and will definitely be annoying for defenders. Seems like you can only check people if you line them up and hit them with speed, which is impossible when you are playing d in your defensive zone, unless you want to chase and get out of position.

No Streaming Account
  5. yoJonnn

yoJonnn xxxx

Ratings:
    +206 / 47 / -81
    As a defenseman:

1. I would like to be able to clear the crease a little better. The tie up and boxing out are nice features but can be improved on. Sometimes ill even throw a small check or push to a guy in front of the net, but it seems like even the smallest bumps can be called interference. I think interference calls closer to the crease should be less frequent. Rarely do u see a cross checking penalty called. In real life, a lot of guys who battle in front of the net get cross checked here and there. I think a lot of players would agree that there are a lot of goals that are bad bounces in front of the net off a player or players bumping the goalie. So i think a little more physical play in front of the net would improve the game with less interference calls, maybe a cross checking call here and there. Those Power Fwds and Grinders, should be able to handle it right?

2. I think there should be a little more resistance to checks when using the protect the puck feature. Seems like u can be checked off the puck just as easily sometimes as if you weren't using protect the puck at all. I would like to see the players lean into their defender a little more to keep their balance while trying to keep the puck at a safe distance.

3. The spins. Specifically on the backhand. I would like to see a little more push off with the players skates to create a little more distance for themselves when turning. Instead of more of a swirl, i would like to see more of a sharp cut with the skates, then push off into the other direction.

4. With the 3rd point being spins. I think players should fall more when trying to do these moves. If EA improves the spinning, I think players should fall more when trying to pull off multiple spins, moves, even wrap arounds. I understand theyll lose the puck, but i think in some cases they should lose an edge.

5. The fighting system needs to be updated. Its been the same since 14 i think. If guys know how to jersey their oppenent, the fight is pretty much over. I would like to see more wrestling and jostling like in real life. Players should try to keep their balance as well. In real hockey a lot of guys lose their balance and go down in most cases than being knocked out. A little less rock paper scissors and more complexity.

6. Slap passes. I know were not all Erik Karlsson making long slap passes to a players tape, but it would be nice to have players be able to settle a slap pass. Seems like the only use players have for the slap pass is for a small deflection in front of the net or to clear the puck. If i see an opening for a clear stretch pass, slapping it may be the fastest way of getting it there. Ive attempted giving slap passes to players and they never settle it, itll either go right through them or bounce off their stick.

7. Speed. I would like to see more of a result reguarding speed when playing as a Playmaker, OFD, or PMD. I see the agility is there, but i would like to see more skating speed when playing with these smaller builds.

These are the main improvements i would like to see in the gameplay over time.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  6. Kmac519

Kmac519 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kmac519#9459
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Cross crease passes seem to be going through the defender more so than 2017. This may be an effort to increase scoring, but I'm seeing a lot of lazy throw the puck across stuff get through.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. joeja15

joeja15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    Goalies still need lost of work to make them = to players plz work on gs more ea

joeja15
  8. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    goa;ies fivehole are so bad they need work

joeja15
  9. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    puls r1 is still unboned on Gaolies

joeja15
  10. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    joeja15
  11. Eatchy

Eatchy ???

Discord:
    Eatchy#3857
    Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -5
    Still impossible to pass while doing a toe drag or also pass while doing the new backhand toe drag... what a waste

AEKAEX
  12. natedogg1122

natedogg1122 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -5
    So far I love the new Deking and defensive play and goalie seems more solid in 18

No Streaming Account
  13. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Auto-back skate is activated as soon as you hit your teams blue line, regardless of whether or not you have it turned off.

iMackie21
  14. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    When u use butterfly it will move u up randomly happens more then not but not every time

joeja15
  15. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    I want lobys back plz ea

joeja15
  16. joeja15

Discord:
    joeja15#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -115
    we need 12 man lobys back plz so hard to get 6v6 with out ending up plzying agenst 2 peaople and all cpus

joeja15
  17. LaPlante94

LaPlante94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Game seems fine as is with a few small problems imo.

1) Pokes that seem to go through your legs and you lose the puck when they are behind you is a problem

2) Puck pick ups actually feels worse than NHL 17 and can be frustrating. If the pucks near your feet it's like your guy doesn't know what to do to pick it up.

3) I feel like it's too hard to pull away for a breakaway no matter how bad of position/ flat footed d men are. I was using a Two Way Dangler and was going almost full speed as an Enforcer was flat footed at my blue line and he easily caught up with me somehow and then poked through my legs and stole the puck without tripping me. That should never happen. I think D men should get punished for being flat footed and making a bad pinch or has bad gap control. I feel they get bailed out.

Those are the 3 main issues I have with the game atm. I don't think pokes are OP and I like that they are like that because it forces teams in 6's to dump and chase once in a while now.

No Streaming Account
  18. LaPlante94

LaPlante94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Also, can they edit the Jumbo Playmaker so they aren't so weak. I wish they had better Balance and Strength like the Power Forward.

No Streaming Account
  19. MillerX6

MillerX6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Only thing besides what has been said so far it if you tee one up whether it is offense or defense and the play puck gets loose and you go after it the animation needs to go away from the one timer so you can play the puck again without swinging away at nothing.

No Streaming Account