* New * NHL 19 Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Lyons x 63

Lyons x 63 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 28 / -73
    Also very interested to see how traits are progressed from #1 to #2 (laser passing 1 to laser passing 2).

Wouldn’t be against allowing people to purchase traits and what not, but they need to be attainable for the grind people as well. Club challenge games should allow for every options to be unlocked for everyone.

I’m not entirely sure if all the traits do this but I know using the speciality traits, they light up green when being used (faceoff, powerplay, marathon man). Is it possible to have ALL traits do this when they are being used? Like core balance to flash when it’s actually effective so we can see if it makes a difference or not.

Goalies being massive and sitting goal line is extremely frustrating. And shots (especially One-Ts) seem weak or too inaccurate to go in on 6’5 goal line sitters.

lyonsx63
  2. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    The skating is great, poke checking is good.... As for large players they are slow as hell, thats the penalty. Im reading a lot of salty people who want stuff nerfed because they cant glide around holding the puck behind them anymore. Try playing real hockey and adjusting to what is so far a well built game from a game play standpoint. I echo all the issues with stability and menus though.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. NYC_1Ts

NYC_1Ts EASHL Forward From The MFing Hood

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    there are plenty of reasons. "going to the bathroom real quick before we start" comes to mind. "gonna go take care of these dishes and garbage real quick, i'll be back before it runs out".

besides, this complaint is just really really stupid because get this - if everyone's ready you dont have to wait 3 minutes... so if what you say is actually true that there's simply no reason to wait that long, the in theory no one ever will, so why bother changing it?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    nyc_1ts
  4. xxIArmy0f0neIxx

xxIArmy0f0neIxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    Menus are really bad. Club games should be in club menu not in the otp menus.
    Hitting is way to abused especially since there is never a penalty on them.
    Pokes need just a small fix. Way too many good position pokes that are instant trips no matter how good of a position you have on them. I've seen ppl in front of me fall over 3 seconds after I poked. They skated from the the red line to the blue line with nothing near them and fell from absolutely nothing and I got called for a trip. It's too much now.
    Traits need a tuning for sure. I am ok with the fact that some attributes go down when others go up. This is a good thing to keep the game a bit more balanced. If this wasn't the case, it would be everyone with the same build all the time. The beta is like this now cuz the hitting is too good. They need to have the correct traits go down when others go up tho.
    The skating is the best it has been in a very long time. Only problem I've seen is that spin moves are way too effective since even with bad deking, you never lose the puck from it.

No Streaming Account
  5. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney Confirmed Shitter

Ratings:
    +65 / 19 / -15
    Keep:
    -Pokes and Hitting are great
    -Energy Bar is great
    -Would like to see the tier 1 version of traits, but the trait system is balanced well.

Change:
    -EASHL Lobby time is way to long
    -Goalies are a tinny bit OP but I think as people learn to adjust to the different builds better players will learn how to counter
    -Make the Rebound stat actually matter. BetweenThePipes brought this up in his build a class video, seems like the rebounds are the same no matter the stat level
    -Base Speed is to similar. Example, When not in sprint there should still be an obvious difference between a guy with 89 speed and 85 speed. It seems like the only time that is a real factor is when you full out sprint
    -Reduce the speed penalty for puck carriers, To go off the above, my main build has 89 speed and should not be caught by a guy with 85 speed if I'm skating in a straight line
    -The Goalie specialty for the boost in the last minute of the 3rd should be extended. If not no one will ever run this. Could be last minute of third and OT or last 2 minutes of each period.

Suggestions:
    -Make it an option to back out to the DR after a game and not have to wait 1 minute or back out to the HUB
    -Should have a speed boost trait, The negative could be for Agility
    -Take out Goalie Fights...

TheShoeMoney
  6. MiDi l97l

MiDi l97l Take it easy dude, but take it

Discord:
    MiDi#7306
    Ratings:
    +897 / 67 / -33
    Less menus - takes you about 3 menus to open up a hockey bag which doesn’t make sense. Smoothen that out and make everything flow a lot more nicely.

Less attribute reduction for applying traits and skills. Just because my guy is better at deking doesn’t mean he should lose points on wristers, etc. At least a smaller stat reduction not 3-5 pts

No Streaming Account
  7. Lt_Dans_Legs33

Lt_Dans_Legs33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0

Yes, and a guy on the "light colored" team shouldn't be able to wear a solid, dark yellow Preds jersey.

ltjimdangles
  8. MiDi l97l

MiDi l97l Take it easy dude, but take it

Discord:
    MiDi#7306
    Ratings:
    +897 / 67 / -33
    EASHL team practices - open and scrimmage

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Also I need my North America 1 lobby

• Like Like x 1
  10. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    Huh? West connections have a big advantage over east? That lag I experience in 3/4s of my games must be in my head...Servers definitely need upgrading. For some reason the first few days the servers felt great, but last night i was back to a noticeable delay on the east servers.

GiveMeDaPuck
  11. NYC_1Ts

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    i'm curious how you all think these servers work, besides knowing where they are located. i mean, "upgrading the servers" is a massive undertaking in infrastructure. its not just editing some code like many of the other adjustments people are calling for.

i highly doubt EA which is a publicly traded company is going to dump cash from their balance sheet into making EASHL 6s being "more fair" for the tiny % of their user base (across ALL online titles).

i mean think about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    nyc_1ts
  12. AcknowledgeMee_

AcknowledgeMee_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    acknowledgemee_#0
    Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -10

I rarely hear a west player say I’m in the 40+ range when playing with east players and say “yo this is horrible” but I agree the servers definitely need an upgrade

acknowledgemee_
  13. Jay Saucey3432

Jay Saucey3432 Sauce Master

Discord:
    McJay#8051
    Ratings:
    +103 / 17 / -12
    The hitting really needs to be nerfed. It's pretty much a slugfest in every game mode I've played so far. The puck control is pretty even on most of the player builds, but the ones with better hitting have an advantage over the others because they can kill everyone on the ice. Any team that has better hitters has a pretty big advantage in any game mode.

The stick checking is great in my opinion. It's been years (since NHL 14/Old Gen NHL15) where stick lifting was actually good and wasn't an automatic penalty when you did it. I wouldn't mess that much with the poke checks at all, maybe nerf them slightly.

Skating is amazing. I now have full control over my skater, which helps so much in both the offensive and defensive zones.

jay_saucey1
  14. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Just a heads up, they pushed out a tuner update with changes to poke checks and agility, and extended the beta an extra day to August 3rd.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/224714/nhl-19-beta-tuner-1-00#latest

No Streaming Account
  15. GodsAbomination_

GodsAbomination_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -6
    The way there are ? Giving a lot of penalties? Or bring them back like 18?

No Streaming Account
  16. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    It’s perfect imo:

Poke checks are fine. If we want any chance at maintaining offence without making all d men useless we’d keep it as is. People need to learn team d,
    It’s that simple.
    First game I took 3 pins, haven’t taken one since.

If you nerf the game we’re screwed. Bad d men shouldn’t be bailed out by spamming pokecheck and good forwards shouldn’t have it easy.

I get it, penalties need to be slightly adjusted but please just leave the game as is for ONCE.

I love 6s as much as the neXt
    Guy But let’s focus on getting the casual hockey fan back. Fixing 6s is awesome an all but it’s
    Fine .

17. Murbayn

Murbayn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 8 / -5
    Main issue is the automatic timing out of the stats screen at the end of the game. Would make it hard for pictures for LG I would think and I also like to record action replays for a highlight video Indo for y team.
    Goalie seems to move quicker but let's in some close shots I feel should be saves, but perhaps they made it where you have to be almost square to the shooter in some cases. It's definitely not bad, just a little tweaking.
    I like the poke check but some of the tripping is a little ridiculous.

Murbayn
  18. NYC_1Ts

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -13
    it just seems too hard to aim a poke a check. its like that doesn't do anything and its just a roll of the dice even if you have position and the puck carrier is hanging his stick out right in front of you. a tiny tweak to allow people to aim their pokes would be well received, and also not enable spamming.

nyc_1ts
  19. ScheckDiesel

ScheckDiesel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 11 / -8
    Any feedback with the new tuner?

No Streaming Account
  20. Churriss-

Churriss- #8656

Discord:
    ohcanada27#0
    Ratings:
    +97 / 8 / -6
    -Gameplay could be just a tad bit faster

-Decrease puck carrier speed penalty when performing stick handles

-Puck stays behind sometimes when performing a dangle. This shouldn't be a thing especially when you're player has 92 deeking.

-Pokes are in the right direction but it could use a slight tune especially in those situations when you should poke but your guy aims for the players skates

-Slightly boost overall agility of players

**The beta was definitely better than 18 which is great. Hopefully the full game will be better and not worst than the beta..

No Streaming Account