NHL Player Ratings, After Week 7

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by ClumsyTurtle13, Jul 28, 2019.

1. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    Hello everyone, here are the updated ratings through 7 weeks of play. If you would like to give feedback, ask questions, or make suggestions I am always happy to hear and respond to both positive and negative. After all, these ratings are here for you all and if you think they need fixing I want to be able to do that. I apologize for not being able to make the changes suggested so far because of my busy summer but I have not forgotten. Some people were requesting for me to post the weights for each stat and how it is scored so I am adding that description after the link. Other than that, enjoy the ratings and good luck everyone in week 8!

HERE IS THE LINK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c_sIr8arJyl20_XmHkRAqW5swEr_osCJNCm3M4hHC9U/edit?usp=sharing

Adjusted Formula Weights For Forwards and Defensemen

For each stat category (Hits, Goals, Takeaways, etc.) a weight is assigned to it to determine the importance of the stat. This is done to ensure that the top goal scorer is valued as more important than the top hitter. All of these weights when added equal 100. So the closer a player's rating is to 100 the better they are valued by my formula. The way the formula works is that each player's stat is compared to the player with the highest value in that stat and a ratio is calculated. This ratio is then multiplied to the weight to give the player a score for that stat. The sum of all the stats' scores is the player's rating.

Example 1: A player has 10 goals. The player with the most goals in the league is this player with 10. So therefore this player has a ratio of 1 for goals. If the weight for this player's position is 6 then the player scores 6*1=6 points towards his player rating.

Example 2: A player has 5 goals. The player with the most goals in the league has 10 goals. So therefore this player has a ratio of 0.5 (5/10) for goals. This is then multiplied by the weight for their position. If the weight is 6 then the player's score for this stat is 6*0.5=3.

Notice how compared to the first player in example 1, the second player will score 3 less points for not scoring the amount of goals as player 1. This is done for every stat listed below and multiplied by their respective weights. Essentially if a player has a perfect player rating of 100 then that means they have the best value in every stat.

Forward Weights

Goals: 22
    Assists: 17
    G%: 7
    A%: 5
    SF: 14
    OZE: 9.6
    P2E: 6.4
    OEE: 3
    SAF: 1
    PPKE: 1.5
    Goals Against: 1
    TA: 3
    BS: 0.5
    +/-: 1
    PIM: 4
    H: 1
    Giveaways: 3

Defensemen Weights

Goals: 6
    Assists: 3
    G%: 2.5
    A%: 1.5
    SF: 3
    OZE: 2.4
    P2E: 1.6
    OEE: 15
    SAF: 5
    PPKE: 7.5
    Goals Against: 5
    TA: 15
    BS: 2.5
    +/-: 3
    PIM: 12
    H: 3
    Giveaways: 12

Goalie Weights

Saves: 11
    SO: 6
    Save%: 46
    GAA: 16
    W/GP: 21

There is also one hidden factor for all 3 position types. After the player rating is calculated it is scaled slightly down if players have a significant amount of less games played. This is usually a 3-6% decrease for player who missed a handful of games and for players called up late in the season this number is closer to 20%. This is to keep players who had an amazing 5 games from getting glorified ratings compared to those who have 15+ games played. This mostly effects goalies.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Xmassstatic