Nice try JayFro

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by burlingtns best, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to buy a bong and a pound of weed and mail it to stratton. Stratton passes it to another LG topspin player, and the cycle continues until everyone has hit the peace pipe and chills out. Fo rizzle my nizzles! Peace!

No Streaming Account
  2. JayFro

JayFro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well when the guy hits drop shots on more than half the return of serves and runs to the net for the volley that is cheap. I beat him in the second set by lobbing some of my returns so that he couldn't hit his risk shots off the first ball and end up winning the second set. He immediately says I'm playing unfair. How does that make any sense? It was the only way I could keep him from ripping a crosscourt risk shot winner on the return of serve. I didn't have a choice, and when I figured out how to turn the tables suddenly I'm playing unfairly. More like when I figured out how to counter his risk shots he cried like a baby and said I was cheating.

I should have kept doing it the third set and I would have handed him a defeat. If he wouldn't have been singing in my ear and yelling the entire third set maybe I would have tried to win the match. At that point it simply wasn't worth it.

If a battle of risk shots is how you guys want to play the game have a great time.

KineticZ

I won't be playing the Monaco tourney, but enjoy the competition.

LOTN

I've beaten both EZE and Squidman so don't act like the almighty on the throne like you are unbeatable. I handed you a loss in the second set and had I continued with a similar strategy you would be sitting in the stands right now. I hope you draw Joshtbuff in the first round of the next tourney so he can drop you like a bad habit.

No Streaming Account
  3. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol

LOL, i hear ya ragin...you are an awesome player...you had me worried for a bit. We should start the substance abuse cup....i know a few players who could compete but i will keep that to myself.,,,lol. Peace.

No Streaming Account
  4. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alright sweet..LON mellowed out, now jayfro, u do well in the tourneys...its all good...chillax

No Streaming Account
  5. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow im such a peacekeeper...see what goodness i bring

No Streaming Account
  6. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dunno, ive played lord, yeah he risks a shitload, but i can deal with it. Its not always the funnest thing tho...but hes good. Granted, i havent seen the constant risk shots and drop shots you mention...and ive played lord a few times, so i dunno if he did it. Hes a red blooded canadian, so if he gets excited (and i use that word liberally,i dont mean beligerant :>), gotta give him a bit of a break. ^_^.

But then again, eze and all others, we dont know if lord did start playing with only the risk shots (as in, risk one shot, dorp the next, repeat), we werent there, just in the same way we dont know if jayfro did net drops and glitch serves. But glitch serves (im assuming youre talking 0 power?) on clay?...blah... Speaking of glitch serves, guys like squid and ragin, use that shit when were on hardcourt (the topspin serve) , that takes fun out of the game. Watch this board explode when we go to hardcourts. PErsonally anyone who hits one of those stupid things against me, im gonna probably respond with the net drop shot. Its just as bullshit as that serve.

Either way, theres no proof either of you did jackshit. So well see next tourney ( when you hopefully dont play each other :>), who gets accused of what.

Oh and LOTN, Yeah, hitting the red everytime is 'skill' (being very liberal there), but using it all the time is abuse. Just like hitting net drop shots perfect everytime is a matter of timing (same way as risk...ironic eh) and same as top spin serves. Notice a pattern? You cant dress up a lie in a tuxedo because its 'supposed to be in the game'.

Lets try to enjoy this league and its members and tourneys.

The fact in the end, is that online gaming gets you pumped. No one likes losing or being close to losing. Some people get more upset over nothing. So eveyrones gonna bitch. But here in montreal we have a policy, when you and a buddy start fighting, you get it all out, then you go get drinks,eat pizza, throw up, pass out and forget about it.

Lets try that. I got the beers (cheaper and better here :>)

P.S. Eze, if i use it more than LOTN vs you its probably because i cant get a freakin ball by you, you superman bastard :>

No Streaming Account
  7. JayFro

JayFro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well the above is exactly what heppened. JayFro serves LOTN hits dropshot and runs to the net. LOTN serves JayFro hits slice return, LOTN hits risk shot, JayFro slices back and LOTN hits dropshot and runs to the net. That was the first and last set. The second set I hit some lobs off his serve and screwed him up a bit. Nobody in this league can beat me 6-0 without abusing the risk and drop shot, it just ain't happening.

No Streaming Account
  8. squidman711

squidman711 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jayfro i dont knwo whatyour talking about, i played LON just a min ago and he didnt drop my serves, he risked them right back down my throat, and i recall being told by many, its in the game, he can use it, so i guess he wasnt being cheap or anything, get over it

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.