No More DLC for Links

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by Shush, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No More DLC for Link

Surprised nobody brought this up here.

No Streaming Account
  2. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    those liars at microsoft. they said 2 more courses after the recent one. ARGH this pisses me off

No Streaming Account
  3. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Shush, how do you know this? Did they post it somewhere?

Thats total BS if it's true. :evil:

No Streaming Account
  4. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's true TMG, Daryl Welsh posted it over at Xbox.com.

The reason I didn't bring it up here is I didn't want Tris to get upset. I know he was wanting more and more PDLC from Links. He'll just have to wait until next version though :(

No Streaming Account
  5. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Tris10 is going to be really T'eed off (pun intended). Check out the Links forum over at xbox.com (too lazt to post link).

No Streaming Account
  6. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Oh well, Guess it's time to move on to bigger and better supported games.

I guess I'll have to pop in over there and express my distaste for this turn of events.

Thanks for nothing!!! :evil:

No Streaming Account
  7. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the course list for the upcoming tw looks pretty cool and having not played previous versions i can't speak to the difficulty although i have heard plenty. im gonna get it i just cannot imagine links having 6 to 8 months of longevity. plus i have lost alot of faith in what daryl and ms are doing

No Streaming Account
  8. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I watched a video of Tiger Woods today and it looks just like the 2004 version. Sounds just the same and also on one of the shots I saw the spin icon pop AFTER the shot. In other words, it doesn't look like anything has changed. I've heard that Tiger is only going to have 14 courses and that a majority of those are Fantasy courses.

I, personally, am going to buy both. However, Links isn't supposed to launch until 2005 anyway, so that's a no-brainer for me. Tiger will be a nice filler in-between Links, but I'm a definite Links fan and can't wait to see the new Swing mechanics they are putting into Links.

As for the DLC, I'm fine with that. Especially if it was PDLC as I'm tired of being guilted/pressured to buy the new courses. There are a lot of games coming out that I am interested in and my money is tight right now so I have to be real choosy as to what I buy and don't buy. Therefore, I'm happy that there won't be new courses to buy.

My hope is that Links launches around March/April of next year because that's when a lot of games will be getting stale and something will need to grab us for the summer. Plus, if the Next Gen of consoles is set for 2006, there will be a software lull in 2005 which would make Links a nice addition to have later in that year.

This is how I feel about it.

No Streaming Account
  9. All MiT Kev

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here is what they have of the courses so far:

New courses for consoles include Coeur d'Alene and Colonial Country Club, while new licensed courses for both console and PC include Sherwood Country Club, Fancourt Golf Club Estate, and Troon North - Monument Course. Returning favorites Pebble Beach Golf Links, St Andrews Links, and TPC at Sawgrass are also included along with three original designs including Greek Isles (console only), Paradise Cove (console only), or Emerald Dragon (both PC and console).

hopefully they do somethin about the spin after swinging thing i have heard alot of owners talk about that and that is real cheeseball.

No Streaming Account
  10. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All MiT, Where'd you get that info? Not being rude, just asking as I couldn't find any hard information on this and someone else and I were talking about this today. I wouldn't mind Emerald Dragon as I enjoyed that course even though it was fantasy course. I don't think the gameplay has or will change all that much to be honest. The video I saw had the same stale commentary, the heartbeat on a close shot/good swing, the Matrix effects and all that other stuff that gets old after a few rounds. Plus, the video made the game look 2d"ish" to me (don't know how else to explain it).

Like I said before, I'm buying both, but I'm buying Links because it's more of a challenge for me than Tiger Woods was. I played 04 for about a month and had triple digit hole-in-ones and double eagles. While fun to do, not rewarding as a challenge :( If by chance, Tiger and Links come out months apart, I'll probably just rent Tiger to see if it's worth it.

No Streaming Account
  11. All MiT Kev

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  12. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, thanks for the link, I appreciate it ;)

No Streaming Account
  13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    ahhh man, i'm soooooo pissed off ! And i've just gotten tired of Kapa and that other course too hehe

14. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See, I told you he'd be upset ;)

No Streaming Account
  15. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Well after cooling off a bit and really thinking about how much fun this game is (execpt in the wind :roll: )and how many new freinds the game has brought I can't just walk away that easily. I can't see playing TW as a form of protest, because I find that game an insult to golf.

I'll part with this, Links 2005 had better be an much improved Game. [-(

No Streaming Account
  16. scbruins

scbruins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who cares about no m

Who really cares if they give us anymore courses or not, as far as I'm concerned they could come out with 10 more and I wouldn't care, that's because I don't think it's right for them to charge us $4.99 per course. In fact I think it is Bullshi# to charge for new courses. This is going to lead to the gaming creators releasing 1/2 games and charging us for the other half over time. You don't see Ghost Recon Island Thunder charging for the tons of new maps they have continually released since the game came out, so why should Links charge us for new courses. This is a bad move on their end and I personally could give a rats ass if they don't come out with more courses because I wouldn't pay anyway!! Project Gotham 2 is pulling the same crap with the Paris bullshi$ booster pack, who needs more tracks, I don't think I've played all the regular yet anyway there are a ton as it is, it's just a marketing ploy to grab more $$$$ from us poor gamers. Stand up and don't give in to pay for download content!!!

No Streaming Account