Off-Season News and Info (NHL-AHL-ECHL-CHL XBOX)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I just wanted to touch base with the entire League today and give everyone an update on where we kind of stand right now. The first season of a new game tends to have the longest off-season. This is to allow more players to get to the site on time to sign up for bidding. With the game only really being a week old, this also gives our players the opportunity to buy the game as well. This time of the season is also when we ramp scouting games up, so managers can get a better feel for whom has adapted to the new playing style and who hasn't. With all that being said I wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what is going on for the new few weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scouting Season!

The NHL level tends to not scout as much, but with the changes to our Prospect status script the Development Team, CHL staff and I really wanted to showcase the NHL Entry Draft better Since the main route to the NHL or AHL via amateur status will be the draft system, we really wanted to make scouting of those players better. The main idea we came up with was running a "Top Prospects" tournament. The tournament idea would allow us to showcase 30-45 of last seasons Prospects whom are now draft eligible. The games will be recorded and put into a thread for all to read and review.

For our brand new sign ups whom maybe feeling a bit overwhelmed with how much goes on here on the site, scouting games can be found under the chatbox in EACH League.

[​IMG]

The orange button; LG Pick-UP Games; is the go to for scouting lobbies. Its all sorted by league and by console, so be sure you are signing up for the right lobby!

Am I Signed Up? How Do I Retire? How Do I Unretire?

There are a few ways to double check if you are either in the draft or headed to NHL bidding.

[​IMG]

Once again below the chat box, the LGHL Draft tab in white will show you if you are in fact in the draft. Keep your eyes on the yellow section, that will show you when the list was last updated.

Right now players whom were listed as a P last season and HAVE signed up for S25 are on the draft list. We have seen a few situations where players whom had an Amateur status last season, but no longer can maintain that that status due to the changed requirements kind of sit in limbo. I am not really sure how we will approach this just yet.

[​IMG]

The bidding list can ALSO be accessed from below the chat box. Once again keep in mind you need to review what is written in Yellow to see when the list was last updated.

[​IMG]

Retirement is all accessed via the Action Center. To come out of retirement, staff can be notified and we can now handle it due to a recent upgrade to the Commissioner Tools.

What League Am I Eligible to Play In? Can I Skip Sessions to Go To A Specific Session?

If you read my post about the CHL or ECHL changes, you would have noticed the addition made to the sign up screen. This addition allows players to selection the MINIMUM level they wish to play in.

If you understand the deadlines for signing up, you will be able to specificly select which League bidding session you want to be a aprt of.

NHL bidding goes live Oct 2nd at 9 PM EST. Therefore if you sign up after Oct 2nd, you will be entered into AHL bidding and either ECHL or CHL bidding depending one WHAT YOU SELECTED AS YOUR MINIMUM Level.

Same applies for if you sign up during AHL bidding. By doing so you punch your ticket to either ECHL or CHL bidding(DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU SELECTED).

Once CHL and ECHL bidding are underway, that minimum league option, will determine where you will be randomly assigned.

Based on team numbers and League sign up numbers I will try and update the sign up sections so prior to signing up players will have a better understanding what league is short on players, thereby giving you a better chance to make an active roster.

BE AWARE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO VETERAN AND AMATEUR PLAYERS!!! PROSPECTS(BRAND NEW TO LG/LESS THAN 90 CHL GAMES-LESS THAN 10 AHL GAMES/LESS THAN 10 NHL GAMES) WILL ONLY BE ELIGIBLE FOR CHL BIDDING!!!

[​IMG]

That is an example of what our new sign up screen looks like. If you are already signed up for the season before this minimum sign up was upgraded, league staff can remove your current sign up allow you to resign up making a league minimum selection.

Season 25 Timeline

Right now RFA is underway, so be sure if you are under contract, and wish to change positions you can do so in the thread listed below.
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...nge-while-under-contract.241746/#post-1516723

The NHL Entry Draft is set to start Sept 29th at 8 PM est. That will also be the deadline for a majority of our transactions. That will give us enough time to set up NHL bidding which is scheduled to go live Oct 2nd.

The season will run nine weeks again, giving us a break for the Christmas holidays from Dec 23 until Jan 1st. We will more than likely reschedule the Thanksgiving Thursday game to earlier that week as well.

NHL 17 Issues / Discussion On How League Games will Work

There has been A TON of debate and issues being brought my way in regards to NHL 17. By now a majority of you have realized the "Invite A Friend" feature we used in NHL 16 is also not in the game currently. I'll touch on a few things that I can say, so keep in mind that I am limited on what I know as well as on what I can discuss.

NHL 17 Issues That I Personal Have Brought Forward to EA:
    -Never ending load for HUT. I personally have this issue as well.
    -Stick Lift not registering or working at all.
    -Stock Jersey glitch that locks you out of EASHL/Drop Ins

Those are the main concerns that I've seen in the game right now that I personal want to see addressed asap. A majority of the other gamechangers are on board and have brought these issues forward as well.

Some people have said they had success getting hut to load by switching log ins while it loads? I cannot confirm since I have yet to try that.

Stick lift has no real fix right now, just try and be mindful its basically a penalty button in my eyes, so train yourself not to use it until its fixed.

The stock jersey error I got blown up about last night. No one fix right now, but if you haven't heard about this yet DO NOT CHANGE YOUR EASHL JERSEYS TO STOCK JERSEYS! It will freeze your club and lock out. The only real solution is to use a second tag(ironic for me to say publicly)

All of these things have been pushed up to the DEVs, and I can ensure you the GameChangers will stay on them until we get these issues addressed. I have not personally been given a timeline on when this will be fixed but looking at the seriousness of these issues, it is a very safe assumption to say it will be soon.

The two really issues that currently affect how we do business here for LG are obviously not having invite a friend, as well as the scoring summary not showing up after a lag out. Once again the severe inconvenience both these issues cause LG are noted by me. I understand more than anyone how important it would be for these issues to be fixed to give us a better quality of League play. I have made several recommendations, and discuss with them on a daily/weekly basis how important these features are to us. I have no timelines or anything to go by at this time, but I am hoping our influence as being the most competitive and active six vs six hockey site on the planet will really help speed up the process and get us what we need and truly deserve.

That being said, at this time, LG League games will have to be played via EASHL/Club Challenge. Believe me when I say I understand how much of a pain in the ass this is going to be to be. Club is NOT ideal for simulation Leagues at all! All I ask is you bare with me, and stick with me as I continue to push for change and ensure we have the systems and tools we require. Any further questions you can ask me via PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall that addresses the majority of the topics people have questions about right now. The final thing I will say is we are going to need some more staff for the ECHL as well as the NHL I assume. If you have interest in joining us, please message @Tiddus @xX Z3NO Xx and I.

Questions? Let us know!
    Thanks
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Other Important Threads to Reference:

ECHL News/Management Applications
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...-management-applications.241855/#post-1517743

CHL News(Updates to the League)
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/recap-chl-vs-echl-whats-going-to-change.241655/

CHL Ownership Applications, No Experience Required! We Are Looking for 14-16 MORE OWNERS!! SIGN UP TODAY. Questions can be sent to @xX Z3NO Xx and I.
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...-applications-only.241068/page-3#post-1517524

CHL Top Prospects Tournament Info
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...ospects-tournament.241766/page-2#post-1517148

• Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Player Status Script

I figured it would be easier for me to lay out exactly how the player status script works and some of the area whereby changes may occur for some users. Take the time to read and review this, and if you have any questions in relationship to what is posted send me a PM.

The main purpose of these scripts is to control the flow of players traffic from League to League through their virtual career and as they progress. These new changes are implemented to be a limitation but rather promote competitive game play and allow the most talented players to process quicker, similar to real life. We also allowed some of these changes to ensure players still have as much choice as they desire when it comes to where they want to play. Each league offers a different level of competition as we as game time. Therefore we wanted players to be able to pick what suits them best based on personal skill level and availability.
    Veteran Status
    • Issued to player whom have 27 or greater games in the LGHL(NHL)
    Amateur Status
    • Issued to players whom have 90 games played in the LGCHL *NEW*
    • Any Prospect player whom is selected in the NHL Entry Draft.
    • Players whom previous to S25 have 10 games in the LGHL(NHL) BUT less than 27 games at the NHL level. *Grandfather clause for those players whom played prior to the merge or few games during the merge before we had three tiers.*
    • Players whom have 10 games in the AHL. This is to allow those amateur players whom have been CHL bound for several season and have been lucky enough to ECU at the AHL level be grandfathered to Amateur prior to having 90 CHL games played.
    Prospect Status
    • Any player whom has less than 90 games played in the CHL, or less than another of the minimum numbers listed above will be considered a prospect.
    Understanding Restrictions Associated with your Player Status
    Veteran Players
    • Can play in the NHL or AHL.
    • Depending on when signed up will be entered into NHL or AHL bidding
    • Depending on minimum league selected can play in the ECHL or CHL
    • Depending on sign up date will eligible for either ECHL or CHL bidding
    • If signed up after the four bidding sessions are completed, will be randomly assigned to either the ECHL or CHL TC(depending on which league the player as selected) as an RA Veteran. RA Veterans have full time call up restrictions, but are eligible for ECU.
    Amateur Players
    • Can play in the NHL or AHL.
    • Depending on when signed up will be entered into NHL or AHL bidding
    • Depending on minimum league selected can play in the ECHL or CHL
    • Depending on sign up date will eligible for either ECHL or CHL bidding
    • If signed up after the four bidding sessions are completed, will be randomly assigned to either the ECHL or CHL TC(depending on which league the player as selected) as an RA Amateurs. RA Amateurs have full time call up restrictions, but are eligible for ECU.
    • Are waiver exempt from the NHL to AHL.
    Prospect Players
    • ONLY eligible for the CHL
    Area's Where the Script May Change Status'
    1. PSN players will carry their player status to the Xbox league(and vice versa)
    2. Amateur players whom have less than 10 NHL, 10 AHL, or 90 CHL games will end up being reverted back to Prospects due to our changes. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING AT A PROCESS THAT WOULD ALLOW THIS PLAYERS TO BE DRAFT ELIGIBLE FOR S25.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Few Additions:

#1 Ability to Change Minimum League in the Action Center

Under the "Request" an "Off-Season Positional Change" you have the ability to switch between the ECHL and CHL as your desired minimum league to play in.

[​IMG]

#2 Those players whom are in limbo due to the status change script can contact myself and the BOG to be entered into the S25 NHL Entry Draft. By limbo I am talking about amateur players whom do not have the NEW required games played to MAINTAIN their Amateur status. The game limits are no, 10 NHL or 10 AHL, or 90 CHL games. Therefore if you are currently an Amateur, and do NOT have those limits met you will be a S25 Prospect. As compensation we can have it so you are draft eligible!

Any questions let me know!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.