Official 2008 Election Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Tris10, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I'd suggest Mexico then, because in Canada we are far more to the left on just about everything then Obama and the democrats.

2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    But if you go to mexico, you are in a whole other heap of ****.

No Streaming Account
  3. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Cubbies16CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    this is not what happens with taxes. this is yet another right wing propaganda tactic from the past.

do you make over 250K a year? if so then your taxes will be raised 3%, if not you will be getting your tax rate cut. In the end these changes are so small most people barely notice. its built up like that to scare people into not voting in thier economic self-interest.

Another Point is that welfare spending, as you described it, giving money to poor people who dont work is less than 1% of the federal budget. look at this chart for a small example.
    [​IMG]
    welfare would be part of "human services" along with medicare, unemployment, and other grant programs, which social welfare is a very small percentage.

so why should you give a small bit of your money to these people? well everyone isnt as lucky as you, would you rather these people die from starvation? or their children get sick and have no care? becasue thats what happens to these families with no help. This is America the richest and most powerful country in the world. What kind of example does that set for the wrold when the best country in the world doesnt give a **** about some of its people, and is so greedy that it would rather they die then help them out a bit?

these people are not draining the system, and the long finger pointing in this direction started as an allusion to racism without being overt about when pandering to white southern voters.

So feel good that your family is lucky enough to live in a country where everyone is able to at least survive no matter what situation they find themselves in. Is this system taken advantage of sometimes? sure, what isnt? but does that mean everyone must suffer for the few taking advantage of the system? I think that would be Anti-American.

No Streaming Account
  4. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    What i want YOU to learn is that I'm not the radical, i get my information from all points of view from MAINSTREAM media outlets. YOU get your info from a right wing RADICAL on the radio, who writes books about how people who disagree with him have a "mental disorder".

You see I am in the MAINSTREAM MAJORITY that just won a majority vote in all houses of power as elected by the MAINSTREAM AMERICAN PEOPLE.

so what this means is that I am in the MAINSTREAM and YOU are the RADICAL.

see how that works, no spin, no nonsense, clear as day. Think about it before your ridiculous emotional explosion of a response.

No Streaming Account
  5. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Quote: Originally Posted by AwsumPrankFarva View Post
    There are toooons of rednecks out there that think that. Shirts that say "i cant tell the difference between obama and osama, can you?" Signs saying "WARNING: No terrorist associates to be commander & Chief of the USA"

hows this for a load of propaganda eating from your own mouth lol

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  6. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    First off I don't listen to just Savage. Second off you ask me why I take what you say so personally and then you personally attack me because I DISAGREE WITH YOU, and say it doesn't make sense and it is all lies. I said that because you don't come on here with an open mind, its your opinion and to hell with anyone else who disagrees with you. Its not propaganda I can believe what I want and it is in no way propaganda. I don't sit here and wait for someone to disagree with me, call them unintelligent, tell them that they make no sense whatsoever, and tell them all they do is listen to propaganda and spins. Get off your high horse pal.

No Streaming Account
  7. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2

In your opinion its propaganda, in mine and many others it isn't. So I'm not "eating from my own mouth" in your terminology I'd be eating from yours lol.

No Streaming Account
  8. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    dude if you agve any kind of intelligent agrument i'd be happy to talk on that level, but its you who attacks people for disagreeing, i try to educate people that spew out liew that they have been told for years, like about welfare, propaganda, and racism. all you say is i attack people who disagree, which is untrue. I attack people who say ignorant **** that makes no sense.

Originally Posted by SteelCitySn1per
    I have one of those shirts I guess that makes me a redneck, even though I'm from Pittsburgh. You talk about how people stereotype Obama, then you Stereotype other people. Also yeah I don't want a Terrorist Associate to be Commander & Chief of the USA.

saying this proves that you spew proapangda. All i have been saying is the truth about bamas plan which is a 3% tax increase on those making 250k+. All you say is that hes a "terrorist associate", which is untrue, and that you cant tell teh difference between obama and osama. Which again is totally ridiculous and nothing but propaganda and fear mongering. The election is over, people didnt buy the fear this time. Time to let is go and talk about real things. YOU are the RADICAL that attacks people for disagreeing, im trying to EDUCATE the ignorant **** placed on this board, these things being said with no backing or proof. Sorry you cant tell the difference and take all disagreement personally. What other news sources do you read on a daily basis? i listed most of what i read daily. all of which are mainstream and come from divergent viewpoints. while all you've ever cited is Micheal savage a right wing propagandist who wrote a book names "liberalism is a mental disorder". how can you seriously defend that as being non-paritsaned and open minded?

No Streaming Account
  9. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    First off again just because people disagree doesn't mean we don't know ****, get off your high horse. Second off - Fox, CNN, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (very Liberal newspaper) Tribune Review (Right Wing newspaper)

No Streaming Account
  10. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    and Drudge Report.

No Streaming Account
  11. MetalMess

MetalMess Hail Satan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FOX is liberal? that is news to me.

No Streaming Account
  12. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    No, I said the Post Gazette is liberal...

No Streaming Account
  13. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    of course. fox, drudge im sure are your main courses for information. you sound exactly like them, i know because i read and watch them too. you are the one who is on a high horse of the most dangerous kind. ignorance. you claim knowledge of everything but you never argue on anything substanatives, just how im attacking for not agreeing, which is not true, im jsut disagreeing and you take it as an attack. I dont believe anything i read on druge, if you do you think obama is a secret muslim that is ready to sell out the USA to terrorists. Drudge knows his audience and how to get attention and keep people coming back. He sells fear, and spreads lies with the best of them. You should really listen to all view points not just the ones that make you feel right.

No Streaming Account
  14. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    Yeah because you know everything about me. Lol you just assumed that those are my two "main courses of information" and then you tell me that I should "listen to all viewpoints not just the ones that make me feel right" I NEVER said those were my two main ones. YOU Assumed it. Really the Post-Gazette, be it very liberal, is my main source of info because that is what I order. Lol let me actually answer you before you tell me not to listen to just certain ones that you said I do. Lol

No Streaming Account
  15. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mexico Here i come anybody else

No Streaming Account
  16. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    seriously, i would love to help you pack. Bush didnt do anything in his 8 years that made you say you were going to move but just obama getting elected makes you say it. I think USA will be better off without you.

Sorry, that might sound mean but if you made it through the last 8 years I think you can make it through the next 4 no problem.

No Streaming Account
  17. Bruins9137

Bruins9137 yup

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    First of all Cubbies, what I said to you wasn't an insult. I was stating that you seemed to know alot about politics, and then I asked you simple question. That's all dude. But then you take it out of context, just like everything else it seems. And if you scrolled down the page, you would it's a ****ing novel. Not Internet lies dip****, A ****ING BOOK! And if you scrolled down even more, you'd see 5 or more books written about Clinton's devious ways, and Editorial reviews. And don't ****ing talk down to me like I'm soo inferior to you. Congrats, I hope you have a good time going on here and ****ting on different people's views and opinions. And if I sound ignorant to you, well that's your opinion bud. I obviously haven't read or educated in the political field as you have.

No Streaming Account
  18. MetalMess

MetalMess Hail Satan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good way of putting it. bush was just terrible. if he didn't make you leave, and you want to leave now, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. unless of course you are a Bush fan. not too many of those around these days....maybe because our country went to shiit while he was in office

No Streaming Account
  19. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're getting almost as bad as your sex fiend, buddy. I mean are you really trying to imply that you have educated others on the political field, or is it just that you are too stupid to form coherent sentences that people can read?

No Streaming Account
  20. Bruins9137

Bruins9137 yup

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    If you could stop stalking my posts, that would be great. You posting after every time I post is pathetic. And where did I imply that I'm trying to educate others on politics?

No Streaming Account