Please Review! Official Changes to the Code of Conduct and Ban Buyout Policy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, May 26, 2021.

1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    That's laughable.

You just admitted to doing nothing cause it happened after the facts. Meanwhile COC violations that happened a while after you jump on it like it's the last cookie in the box.

Consistency is all we ask for.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Markz_51
  3. Zanderman6

Zanderman6 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +321 / 45 / -55
    5b35fy.jpg

No Streaming Account
  4. ShirtNoService

ShirtNoService Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -11
    After a thorough and proper investigation, anyone who gets banned should be forced to complete said ban. You shouldn't be allowed to buy out your ban. I'm sorry but that is plain ridiculous and it doesn't matter who gets the money, it solely exists to pay someone. If your banned, your banned, period. We all have unforeseen circumstances that arise and may result in your ban. Suck it up, deal with it, serve your ban and come back or don't.

Also, about 75% of the OP was useless. Created tiers and categories based on different kinds of discrimination is utter stupidity. You either have an issue with discrimination or you don't and you punish accordingly based on the discrimination itself, not the type it was. Otherwise you're essentially telling one hurt party their hurt is more important than another which isn't nor should it be the case.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Wreckyyy-98

Wreckyyy-98 Wreckyyy-98

Discord:
    wreckyyy98#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Can you switch my position to Rd for upcoming season?

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wreckyyy98
  6. SIU140

SIU140 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SIU140#0319
    Ratings:
    +232 / 22 / -49
    Hey, ya'll don't feel bad.... I had to take a manager ban because my father in law (who's been fighting cancer for 2.5 yrs) had to have another surgery and I had no time to play/run the team. I guess Manager ban's cannot even be appealed. So I had to choose between a 3 season ban and him. Glad I made right choice! ...even after dedicating S7, S9, S10, S11, S12, S13, and S16 to management and S8 as a BoG. Thanks LG!

SIU140
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    thise bans can 10000% be appealed and I’ve granted appealed for family related issues time and time again. Send me a DM. We can talk about it.

Hope all is well

LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Im sure youll handle this but thid is what were talking about with it shouldnt even have to get to the point of needing an appeal. The quit/ban should be investigated, both sides contacted and some research into it before issuing said ban or punishment. The system is just set up very weird and theres no attempt from the league/staff side to ever help prevent bans or defuse situations that lead to bans via PM between both sides and BOGs rather than just yes youre banned, appeal if you want back and figure out how to do it, where to do it and use imgur.

In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  9. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,050 / 350 / -520
    If LG just granted appeals for every family issue then everyone would just lie and use that as an excuse.

premierplayer
  10. ShirtNoService

ShirtNoService Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -11
    That's is true but you want to give people the benefit of the doubt. So give them the 1 year ban for the current season. The following season they receive a 1 year management ban. Dont think of it as punishment but time to deal with whatever you're dealing with. You can still sign up to play that season and manage, if you so choose next season. Then you have a progressive system from there for repeat offenders. 3 strikes you're out kind of deal. No offense to anyone that gets to that point but it's clear you cant be relied upon and it is what it is.

No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I think you are taking the term "ban" to serious.

The player had to be removed due to him being ineligible to continue to play the rest of that season. When a player is removed the player is automatically issued a ban, it is how the system is programmed.

In situations whereby a player comes to us in a DM stating he or she is quitting for reasons like what SUI posted, they are informed in that same PM by me exactly what you said about how they can come to me once their issue is sorted out and want to return.

Again what you are looking to happen, already happens

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I tend to take into consideration who the person is as well.

Players that have ZERO issues, and have been managers for awhile are a no brainer.

I will admit the system in place I haven't seen much or any abuse. A lot of the players who have family related or work related issues are members who have no history of quitting

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406

Yes and the system shouldnt be set up that way.

In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    There are a ton of system that shouldn’t be the way they are. We are making due with what we have currently.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Kinda like you've done with NML situations? 1 week it's "I don't make any exceptions so that guy can't manage on PSN" and the next week it's "Nevermind we're in dire need of managers on XB so it's fine now"

About what I expect the "best of your abilities" to be when it comes to the integrity of said rulebook and how you abide by it.

:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. SIU140

SIU140 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SIU140#0319
    Ratings:
    +232 / 22 / -49
    Thank you ! I appreciate that. It has not been easy. I simply read in the AC ruling "No appeal will be given for situations where Players, Managers, and Owners quit." I felt like I got slapped in the face. MY DUMBASS didn't read the rest. I appreciate you commenting on this and I will DM you soon. Thanks again!

• Informative Informative x 1
    SIU140
  17. SIU140

SIU140 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SIU140#0319
    Ratings:
    +232 / 22 / -49
    I had NO issue with the ban itself because I KNOW that my not being able to play is not fair and hurts the team (as well as me agreeing to that before the team was offered to me).. I was upset about NOT being able to appeal it and obviously McD reminded me that was a false idea!

SIU140
  18. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    we need to do a better job getting that information out so people understand why it is a ban but also that it doesn’t mean they can’t come back

people see the buyout associated to the ban and just assume it’s the only way back and that we are greedy

LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. SIU140

SIU140 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SIU140#0319
    Ratings:
    +232 / 22 / -49
    ....yep! and I know that being on staff in a past season. It's almost funny how people make their opinions known about something they have never experienced! Then others hear that opinion, and sometimes agree with it, not knowing the ignorance behind it!

SIU140
  20. Bentbd2pointoh

Bentbd2pointoh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -7
    I played several seasons. Never missed a single game. Rather than pile on with an angry, passive aggressive, public comment I wanted to share my experience politely in the hope it leads to change.

I was a part of Belleville S 13. We were basically a 1 or 2 win a week team. I scouted other players for multiple GMs (we went through 4 or 5 different GMs that season), played any game they wanted, readjusted my schedule to help and did the same for Ottawa when they needed a callup. I did not miss a single game. Every single GM who worked with me tried to work out a trade and Ott owner Scootz killed it everytime even though everyone else was getting traded.

The final week of the season, he told me he'd trade me. He traded everyone BUT me and then openly mocked me and told me he did it on purpose to fuck with me bc I had been writing spoof articles on the forum. It was a pretty pathetic, petty abuse of his power so I of course went right back at him and pointed out how ridiculous it was he wanted me to keep playing for him since he wasn't bothering to Gm. My words were, I think, "How bout if I just stopped playing?" The context being "Since you're no longer being a GM, you prob wouldn't like it if it were reversed."

I pointed out I'd continue to play every game as I always had but he of course screen shotted the first quote and used it to issue a cap ban. His friend, who happened to be on the team at the time, of course refused to entertain any appeal and no one outside the Ott organization ever got back to me when I reached out about it. They of course also removed me from the discord server so I couldn't SS the rest.

The system is setup so that someone can play every single game PLUS call up games and still get banned for "not playing" for words said during a heated argument where the GM admits to purposely ruining his own team and screwing with the player.

I'd like to try and come back for a season and when I saw this thread about how screwy the appeals/ban system is I got my hopes up. At the very least, the fine is absolutely insane. 100 bucks gets levied on someone who quits in week 1 and on someone who never misses a game including callups. The league has a financial incentive to not change it either so I don't think I'm going to get any help on this or see any changes implemented like a much lighter fine/sentence but I figured it was worth a shot.

No Streaming Account