* New * OFFICIAL NHL 20 Beta Review Thread

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 26, 2019.

?

How Do You Like The Beta So Far?

1. Great!

53.9%
  2. Terrible!

46.1%
  1. JACKIExCHAN

JACKIExCHAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 5 / -3
    the game is defiantly better than last year as a goalie's opinion i feel like the puck pick up might have to be adjusted when trying to cover i know its a little different but goalie should at least know once in a while where the puck is at and cover when in butterfly or pressing Y. Also the speed of going post to post should be a little faster to protect from wrap arounds. might have to do with weight and height havent tested it out that much but its just a thought. last thing as a goalie..PLEASE MAKE THE GOALIE INTERFERENCE HAPPEN MORE OFTEN...if theres anything that i hate is when i get bumped even the slightest its taking away my chance to make a save. and giving them the opportunity to score. Other than that the game is great, love the speed of it and everything about it so far. Defiantly an improvement from last year.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Cmdeadly

Cmdeadly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cmdeadly#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 30 / -11
    Game is fun this year please don't change too much. The beta changes are enough and making franchise have a story depth, and a little smother skating responsiveness for defense and this is a great game.

Main negatives

animations
    shooting in traffic is still so bad.
    and skating defensive speed.

Main positives everything else great job guys.

No Streaming Account
  3. lMike2Dopel

lMike2Dopel LG PSN - S15 Victoriaville Tigres (#35/RW)

Discord:
    mike_yacoub (Kazakhstan Owner)#4200
    Ratings:
    +147 / 21 / -34
    1. Definately excited for this one if they keep it pretty much the way it is during the beta (wishful thinking) but the only main concerns i feel is the passing speed is a little to slow, just needs to be sped up so not everything is intercepted so easily, wraps are now extremely difficuly to pull off as you will end up just taking a shot at the back of the net unless you make it back around without getting hit or nudged off the puck which 99% of the time when you go for a wrap there are guys all around the front of the net so it makes it extremely difficult to pull it off successfuuly, i feel like the goalies will have it rough the season seen alot of bad goals go on that should be stopped pretty easily from both CPUs or Humans think thats the biggest issue in the game so far, i dont play goalie so not really sure if the goalies are comfortable out there or not but just seems alot more simple out there. Havent really experienced that many glitches or too much lag to the point i couldnt control my guy. Minor issue i think could be fixed is the scoreboard should go back up in 1 of the top corners, dont like it at the bottom. Presentation is alright, commentators are good.

• Like Like x 1
    mikeyacoub
  4. Bignel224

Bignel224 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -2

This is the major issue

• Backwards skating is still a thing... I understand lateral movement and pivots, but not backward skating in the neutral zone entering into an offensive attack...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Ethancy

Ethancy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ethancy#0
    Ratings:
    +191 / 3 / -8
    I’m nice wit it like usual so, games insanley good. maybe fix the hitting just a touch.:)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Ethxncy
  6. Sniper0002014

Sniper0002014 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 2 / -0

No Streaming Account
  7. SP33DY_SENS

SP33DY_SENS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My only real problem is the fact that the puck goes highe in the air a lot, I’m not sure how to explain it, but every shot anyone takes, the puck always flys like 25 feet in the air and takes like 15 seconds to come back down (or over the glass) really slows the game down and makes it not as fun. Also they need to fix the invisible wall that’s on the goal line!!! I had 3 times where the puck stayed on the goal line and didn’t roll in because of the wall of I was unable to poke the puck in because of the wall

No Streaming Account
  8. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    I really enjoyed my time in the Beta, I feel like the skill gap will be back which is exactly what we should be wanting considering we're in a pretty competitive league. Love most of the animations and it feels like you have to play in a complete different way to be good which I like a lot. No more forcing passes so being a skilled puck mover or a great passer will go far in 20.

Some things that could be improved on IMO would be the accuracy of passes and of course the strength of passes, there are a lot or times where I'd be passing to someone and it would go way behind them to the point where I wondered if the 100% pass assist was broken. Saucers felt pretty good I think but the regular RT passes just felt way off a lot of the time. The speed was a tad slow but they've already confirmed they're speeding them up for the full release so that's cool.

Stick lifts also just seems broken from my experience. I made sure to test this out a bunch as I used the stick lift a lot in the other games and my stick would constantly go through theirs without making them lose the puck. It seems like there's a 50/50 chance to get the lift off even if you have perfect timing, I feel like you should be rewarded for timing it perfectly. Just let there be a delay after you stick lift or make the player's stamina go down quickly if that allows spamming A to be a problem.

I've only played a few games in net and I feel like I'm a decent goalie, nothing amazing but I've noticed that some animations directly take you out of the play and have actually caused a few goals for me. There was one where a puck got redirected to my pads and my goalie went down super slowly to time the pad save for whatever reason and allowed a garbage goal as I was unable to move my goalie until the animation was completed. Simple stuff like that could be cleaned up, I really like the difficulty increase of user goalies and it feels much more rewarding when you make a huge save. I would say that leaning with the left analog should make your goalie react better for sure though, lots of times where I'd be moving left, an opponent shoots left and my goalie doesn't react to the shot in time for some reason.

Oh yeah one more thing, CPU AI is GARBAGE. Both CPU goalies and players, really hoping they make both better as playing with and against them in VS was pretty horrible. Always out of position, your defense goes up in the play randomly, and CPU goalies seem to allow every backhand everytime. I've heard that they're tuning them a lot before release, but thought I'd share that because it's really bad right now, probably the one thing I disliked the most from the beta.

Overall great beta, enjoyed myself a lot, and as long as they fix the small stuff that betas always have then it's gonna be a lot of fun to play this year. Can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Burnsyx95
  9. Batman2073927

Batman2073927 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 9 / -29
    They need to just start over and re do everything dont get me wrong the 20 beta is better then 19 in most way but wasnt the 19 beta the same way and then when the game got released it was basically 18 with some tweaks goalie needs to have an option to change strategy like fore checking and offense defense why cant we change goalie stuff at all like a real coach can oh yea cause with out the glitch goals i hate the word glitch but what ever its a good shot from a good location but u are seriously gonna tell me that a goalie isnt gonna make and adjustment after getting snipe short side high 5 times in a row just doesnt make sense that the goalie isnt gonna cheat a little to the shortside

No Streaming Account
  10. F0G 19

F0G 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    f0g19#0
    Ratings:
    +364 / 5 / -8
    Besides the obvious ; upgrade the passing, tune down the pucks going out etc. I feel EA has taken steps in the right directions finallyyyyyy getting speed back into the game. There's absolutely no way a Roman Polak should catch-up to Johnny Hockey while flat footed and we were seeing it way too much in the last NHL editions. I feel now they reward good positioning and smart hockey reads which should be the case. Good d-mens will adapt and spammers will be exposed. Shooting is very nice, it's very cool that we can snipe the goalies a little more now. I'm not a fan/don't care about the player intros with the dances and stuff but really liked the intermission highlights think it's a cool touch. Puck pick-ups were a little weird at times like I would skate near a puck and it would hit my skate and not get picked up but overall pretty good. Transition game off a turnover or just quick counter felt very good. Stick lift / pokes both felt good.

I haven't been this excited for 6s in a long, long time and I have my fingers crossed that they don't touch the speed of the game. It is perfect like that. Good job EA.

• Like Like x 2
    FOG__19
  11. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Literally the dumbest thing about the whole beta was that it wasn't even a current build to give actual feedback on. That right there shows you how much of a shit that they give.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. deadbloatedgoat

deadbloatedgoat Goat_Goatingham

Ratings:
    +2 / 3 / -11
    Looks like they took the defence and the goalies out of NHL20. What a piece of crap this is.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    I don’t care about skaters. I’m talking about goalies

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Eh_SO_TeRiC

Eh_SO_TeRiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bLu_WaWfLeZzZz#6146
    Ratings:
    +258 / 38 / -41
    The score clock is brutal. I mean absolutely shit. They definitely need to bring back the stick breaking animation. The fact that a defenseman can coral a puck, that supposedly is shot let’s say somewhere around 80-90km/hr in mid air is atrocious. Same goes for a forward just casually catching a rocket of a full send, while only standing 5 feet away from you is a joke. That should without a doubt be an injury and an instant dropped puck. Please don’t kill the tips like what happened 3/4 of the way through NHL19. The list of fixes looks very promising and there’s definitely a huge upside already from the beta release.

No Streaming Account
  15. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    I’d like to see twd build get down to 5’10 5’11 and 190 lbs or so. Only two d men builds let you get below 200 and they are both offensive builds

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. HowToFIFA8

HowToFIFA8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zee0886#0
    Ratings:
    +438 / 160 / -143
    Call me crazy but.... This is going to be the best NHL yet? I was a HUGE fan of NHL 17 , particularly OTP (basically EASHL but with real nhl players). But they improved the pace of the game so much and made it so smooth that it basically seems like an amped up NHL 17 OTP but now in EASHL form.... it's going to be fucking awesome if they get it right.

No Streaming Account
  17. Jxson71

Jxson71 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jxson71#0
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -12
    Already better than NHL2 19

Jxson71
  18. ItsHorvat

ItsHorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +612 / 38 / -48
    So the beta model has to be finalized and sent in for approval then a date set to launch. In that time period they are still tweaking and adjusting things they see from playing the beta model. The beta allows us to see the direction the game is headed to give feedback on things they have missed or overlooked. Or changed that we actually liked. Saying "ah fuck them, tear down the beta, it's trash." Literally helps no one lol. Like ya, EA has done a meh job for several years. But this is our only hockey game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ya don't like it don't buy it

No Streaming Account
  19. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Yes, I know this. It doesn't take 2 months for approval though, meaning we could've had a more current build.

No Streaming Account
  20. Big_B_1994_

Big_B_1994_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -23
    The passing is way to dam slow.

No Streaming Account