Please Vote! OH YES WEEK 1 POWER RANKINGS

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Im Tom, Mar 28, 2021.

?

Who is your MVP after Week 1?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2021.
  1. Venom

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I'm biased and my vote shouldn't count

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Back by miniscule demand, a few people seem to really like these and I've been coerced into writing these long a$$ things out this season unless my gym opens back up.

Rambling aside lets get started:

#1- Boston Celtics :team80: 6-0

It's not really much of a surprise that Boston is top dog after week 1 but the surprise comes from what happened the first night of the season and who is undoubtedly this teams top player Venom; 42 points a game, 10 assists and 4.3 steals shooting 71% FG and 62% from 3. Very rare to see a line that has Rick (who struggled a lot this week), and Snype (who had to pick up Ricks slack) be the 2nd line of this team. There is no question now, if you want any chance of winning a game against Boston you better put your top line out and even at that good luck.

#2- Brooklyn Nets :team95: 5-1

Not a massive surprise to see the Nets near the top of the league but with their only loss this week coming from Boston Jiggles and Tee have now planted themselves in that #2 spot beating some solid lines on Phoenix, Chicago, LA & Atlanta. It was easy to guess who was going to be carrying this team and Jiggy specifically really showed up this week and put himself in that MVP conversation with a 32p/10a/1s shooting 65% & 50% 3pt. Another team with two very solid lines, honestly right now in a 5 game series with Boston it wouldn't be a bad take to pick the Nets.

#3- Phoenix Suns :team100: 4-2

Their record pretty accurately reflects the type of week that they had, Phoenix looks like they're going to have a season where a good 60% of their games are going to be winnable, just needing to play up to their potential. Though their season is going to be defined by how well they're able to do against some good lines and top teams. They lost what were easily their two toughest games this week so it'll be interesting to see how they do with a much more challenging week 2. Witt is starting the season strong after taking season 25 off, 35p/9a/1s shooting 69% & 58%3pt puts him in a solid #2 spot behind Venom in the way too early MVP race.

#4- Portland Trail Blazers :team101: 4-2

YESSSSSSSS, the first big shock of the league is a team that called it themselves. They had a SUUUPER solid week with their 1st line going 3-0 beating some solid Grizz, Lakers & Hawks lines, their 2 losses did come from Boston & Phoenix but as a whole they had a pretty difficult week so they could look to keep rolling in week 2. Their 1st line also really looks like a full team effort with their 5 only being separated by 11 points which is the smallest gap in any top 5 by far. They shoot very efficiently, change up almost every posession where the attack is coming from and play some absolutely stellar D which has seriously confused some good lines. The big question mark is going to come from what is going on with that 2nd line, wait and see if they figure that out before long.

#5 Memphis Grizzlies :team91: 3-3

Little bit of a setback from where the Grizzlies want to be as they could very easily be one of the top 3 teams in the league. Rainy specifically struggled hard this week dropping games against Boston and Portland but did bully a strong Chicago 1st line. Frenchy on the other hand had a breakout week averaging 35p/7a/3s 71% & 53% 3pt, if Rainy can't pull together their 1st line teams are going to start to question which line is their true #1. Though if Rainy does start to dominate the way he did in s25 this team will be very scary to see on your schedule. And although the PG's do get a lot of love they do have 2 very solid locks in Brandbai & Mikey, money very well spent keeping their opponents from scoring the way they want too.

#6 Los Angeles Lakers :team90: 2-4

Ouu yes the first of big decisions that need to be made in the standings, currently tied with Atlanta & Chicago at 2 wins, LA is the strongest of the 3 teams and I'll tell you exactly why. Slime is the absolute steal of bidding and some may no know that his line was on their way to upsetting Boston until they all decided to quit for no reason and Snype slurped up that FF win with no ragrets. What they need to do is not mauld over the loss but instead use it as motivation and learn from it. Now here's a hot take, Slime is a super spicy top 5 PG (35p/8a/2s), he will torch your 2nd line if you're dumb enough to underestimate him, Hxndoutz needs to slot into the 2nd line pg role against the weaker teams cuz he doesn't have the line around him to dominate the way he did in Boston in s25. Super hot team, they will not repeat 2-4.

#7 Atlanta Hawks :team79: 2-3 (pending a probable W v Cleveland so 3-3)

A team that on paper looked like they were going to come out in week 1 and upset the league stumbled heavy out of the gate. Their 3(I'm guessing) wins this week came from a lowly Cleveland team, a Lakers line filled with TC's and the Nugs. They did keep their game close against Boston and Brooklyn but got demolished by a good Blazers line. Atlanta has a good roster of guys but struggled more than they'd like to this week with the amount of work that these guys put into the game, a 3-3 week isn't really enough of an alarm to hit the panic button but if they didn't play up to management's standard it could be interesting to see if they make any changes going forward.

#8 Chicago Bulls :team81: 2-4

After the first game of opening night spirits in Chicago were at a level last seen in the Jordan era, little did they and the rest of the league know Denver was Denver. Follow that up with their only other win on the week coming against the Cavs and you're sitting strong in that #8 spot, they did have a very tough week though playing 4 very good lines. The biggest issue with the Bulls though is their second line, having to take a ff in week 1 isnt a great sign but they also got them their only other W on the week so it balances out. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Next week is a bit easier but not by much, lets hope for the best.

#9 Cleveland Cavaliers :team82: 1-5 (I believe, I could be wrong)

This won't really come as too much of a surprise to most, new owners in the league rarely do very well out of the gate but they did have a couple of moderately close games which is a good sign. Them having won their game against the Nugs is just something that I heard also, it hasn't been confirmed yet atm. The only reason that they sit in the #9 spot instead of #10 is because of that rumour though, I have to give credit where credit is due if they did in fact beat the Nugs, though if this turns out to be false and Denver is in fact 1-5 and the Cavs go 0-6 consider them the #10 spot. Always interesting to see how owners react to a rough start in their first season.

#10 Denver Nuggets :team84:

Oh boy this doesn't look good, not much upside here either so I'll do my best. Their second line looked very competitive, undoubtedly more than their 1st line did on night 1. If this team loses Raynor though its pretty much a wrap, their new 1st line is decent but is in no way going to be able to steal games from top lines. They need to get their shit figured out quickly or this is going to be a very very long season in Denver. Here's your upside tho, you'll be getting all 2nd lines now. Now there is hope if they did beat Cleveland, and I almost wanted to put them above the Cavs until I heard that they lost to them. This could really just be a bump in the road for the Nugs cuz they do have 2 decent lines, hopefully they can turn it around.

Leave a thumbs up if you enjoyed reading, they take me quite a while to put together and next weeks will be even longer.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. iM xSnypE

iM xSnypE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    imxsnype#0
    Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -2
    Love reading these. Great job brother.

No Streaming Account