Open letter to the LGAHLPSN and LGCHLPSN Community

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Jul 17, 2016.

1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    What can anyone say when they are part of the LG family? As part of the Media Group, We have been tasked to bring forth discussion about the league, the players, the games…anything and everything that is LG. We have been awarded this opportunity because @Tris10, @MCDONALD l19l and @F5 Penguin trusted that we would be responsible with not only being respectful to the league but also to the players themselves. Our ability to be objective about any topic and not make comments based on any bias against teams or players is what will always be expected of us.

So when people get angry at our predictions, think we have no respect for them or their teammates or down right think we are idiots, we scratch our heads and wonder why there is so much objection to this element of our show. There certainly are pro athletes who don’t like the Media and will voice (or not voice, in the case of Marshawn Lynch) their displeasure towards them. I suspect it’s even worse for us. We are not only talking about folks who play the game, but folks who we will play against. We are easily accessible to everyone in the league, both on the site and in the game. This tends to open us up to the idea that we are easy targets that can be vilified and disrespected. From some of the issues I have seen in recent weeks with teams forfeiting games due to violations that disrespect is even more prevalent towards any and all Leaguegaming.com admins and management and it seems to be getting worse.

There are those of us who have donated to the site in the form of a membership because we believe in what they are trying to accomplish and the path they are taking to get there. For the most part though, many more people play in this league for free. They have something in common with management. They do that for free as well. You know those fees you pay to get unbanned or for the Pro leagues? They are a grain of sand in a desert of costs to make this all work. The LG management would love to see this grow to something that is the absolute go-to gaming site. For now, they mostly do it because they love gaming and love the social aspect of it. The bad side of it is that they constantly endure negative comments and personal attacks. Lately, it’s been about rules and regulations being enforced.

Rules have been created by the LG management over many years of running LG and leagues like LG before that. Rules are never perfect but these folks try their best to revisit and update them in the off season. If you have suggestions on rule changes, address them in an intelligently worded email with cited and accurate examples that back your position. If you cannot do that, the next best course of action would be to be quiet and/or find another site to play on. This is not a democracy. Sites like this need leadership that will confidently and intelligently make decisions that are best for the immediate and long term success of the league. If you cannot make your point heard in a mature way, the league absolutely does not need you, nor do the rest of the players who want to have fun with this and make some new friends while getting a chance to escape their everyday life, if just for an hour or two.

The verbal abuse that many of us have seen in the past week because of rules violations has been astounding. I don’t know what it will take for some of these folks to learn that there is no place for this kind of treatment of others. I suspect it will take a job loss or two before they get it but for now, these people are detrimental to the league and need to either mature very quickly, or find another gaming outlet. There are many more of us who wants this to be fun, not a place to spew hate.

Don’t ever take any of this so seriously that you find yourself verbally abusing others.

This is not life or death. This is a video game.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    tsibs88
  2. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Well put sibs

People should never get genuinely upset over things like that.

I "pretend" to be cause it's all for a show. Sometimes o forget there are immature people on this league who start to really take things personally. Usually lack of tact or tasteful trash talk. I assume it's usually the younger kids but sometimes it can be the older ones as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zubov_x_21
  3. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    I'm upset you didn't include nhlers. We have feelings too ya know :sadegg:

• Like Like x 3
    Pastahnak
  4. Lions67

Lions67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -4
    Very well put.
    For the record, I was just playing around with Moran when I said he didn't have any love for the D on the Cudas.:)
    I meant no disrespect to him at all , or to any one else.
    You guys are awesome, and that goes even before you guys doing your show!
    I have played with you guys and loved every minute of it.
    Cheers and see you guys soon in season 3 as well as pick up games shortly.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  5. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Sean, I didnt mention the NHL because I have not seen this going on there. So far this post season, there has been a ton of this going on in the CHL and some in the AHL.

• Winner Winner x 1
    tsibs88
  6. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Nhl has its own issues....and that's a understatement

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Nybarisny
  7. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Im sure Baris. I just didnt have any experience is seeing any of it. PSN is in its infancy, appropriately. Hopefully things will get better over time.

• Like Like x 1
    tsibs88
  8. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Just keeps getting better....and proving my point over and over and over and over........................

http://imgur.com/gaGj3cC

• Like Like x 1
    tsibs88
  9. SnovvbaIl

SnovvbaIl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 3 / -18
    Funny how people will support a known cheat and then bash another!

• Like Like x 1
    yahnsanity
  10. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    I hear you @tsibs88 - I got one too. This @cfaia30 chode is the same way. I think it's a maturity/brain development thing. We can point to age but sometimes social IQs transcend age.

I guess being able to decipher bad Taste from good taste is an asset not all have. Being able to find the times and methods that are in a good spirited nature and then the opposite is not easy for some.

Think sometimes you just have to assume their personal lack and try and understand their daily struggle rather than be upset with them. Just try to help them and feel sorry for their current existence. Because it can't be very fun for them either.

• Like Like x 2
    zubov_x_21
  11. Advancedhuman

Advancedhuman Director of LG Fun Development

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -25
    If you don't like chirping, go play tennis. I grew up sitting in front of a goalie in the offensive zone chirping my head off. The goalies never complained to officials in regards to general conduct, they would slash my leg (also against the rules) and chirp back when their team scored.
    This is hockey after all. Unless it's death threats or suggestions of killing yourself, it's fair game.
    We are adults, hurt feelings only go so far

advancedhuman
  12. Advancedhuman

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -25
    And if what I said bothered you to the point you remember me, good. Next time we play, you'll probably go out of your way to hit me. And that is exactly what I want.

advancedhuman
  13. Advancedhuman

Ratings:
    +55 / 8 / -25
    It's online, I don't know what you look like.
    I can call you a fat Cheetos eating cum dumpster with corn cob looking arms and it don't mean shit. How you going to take that serious, we don't know what you look like

• Funny Funny x 1
    advancedhuman
  14. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    Comparing apples to oranges

On one hand we have players that cheat, admit wrongdoing, except responsibility and consequence of their actions. All without bashing the league or other members.

On the other hand we have players that cheat, except NO responsibility then precede to bash the league and other players over the consequences.

Ways these matters could be handled:
    - Dignified, honourable handling the matter appropriately.
    - Dishonourable handling the matter inappropriately.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. JASON0914

JASON0914 hey bud

Discord:
    jason0914#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 4 / -8
    yo get me in that interview bud

No Streaming Account
  16. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    Sibs this is perfectly put! This doesn't mean you can't trash talk, but as soon as you make it personal you ha ve stepped over the line. It doesn't matter how good you think you are or how bad you think someone else is. Nobody has the right to degrade or call into question, somebody else's character. It is a very childish thing to do and it will get you banned. For example, Gonzo likes to give me trouble and I'll give it back, but it's all in good fun. You may not agree with someone, AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO!!! But that doesn't make them wrong or you right. We are a community here and it's a very active and growing one. So be competitive, play hard, raz your opponent up a litttle as long as it is in good spirit, but DO NOT take personal shots at people that you really don't know at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Vhigh