ESports Overview of ESHL, NHL 18

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League - Xbox' started by LG McDonald, Jul 11, 2018.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,295 / 65 / -441
    First off, I'd like to congratulate BBB's players; @Scheckel29 @Gwan @l1l Bones l3l @FlowMaster Joe @Jemima @MNWebby @Sitful @TypicalPlayer33 and @xTheos l7l on winning the ESHL Championship for NHL 18!

Also a huge thanks to @jonlol, @Scheckel29 @JmOnEy2436 and all the other admin who assisted with the ESHL for the duration of NHL 18! Obviously without committed, players, managers and staff these events wouldn't have been a fraction of what they were!

With all the hype from the NHL announcing more eSport ideas, as well as some sneak peak stuff of NHL 19, I figured now more than ever would be a great time to get feed back from the ESHL and LG Community in regards to what the future of ESHL should look like as we near NHL 19.

Obviously if the NHL follows through with some major 6v6 events, the competition here on LG will benefit greatly from the volume of players and teams looking to practice in a competitive environment. Therefore we stand nothing but good things to come from the growth of eSports hockey at any tier or level.

The propose of this post, is not to take shots at Jonlol, or any of the league decisions during the course of NHL 18. The purpose is to look at the format used for NHL 18 and evaluate how effective it was to provide you, the player, the atmosphere and experience you expected from LG.

I also have a few sample questions I'd like answered if possible to help the future staff and I, improve the experience we offer with ESHL.

1. What is your current thoughts on the format used for NHL 18? What changes *if any* would you suggest we make for the future?
    2. Do you feel the buy in price is A) too high B) too low C) just right?
    3. How do you feel about bi-weekly, double elimination events? Does it work for 6s? Would it be ideal for 3s? Where do you see it fitting in?
    4. What are you thoughts with the few conflicting LGHL times? With this being a paid, competitive event should it be priority? Should the LGHL teams be made aware of the ESHL rosters prior to bidding thereby making them more accountable to accommodate based on how many ESHL players they pick up for their LGHL roster?
    5. How do you feel about the media exposure during the events? Leet Night, to @F5 Penguin. Do we feel that brought the exposure that should continue to occur during our future events?

Overall I am looking for as much feed back as possible prior to sitting down with @Tris10 to go over what the plan is for NHL 19. I really appreciate the time and dedication you all have to making ESHL as success for NHL 18, and I am looking forward to hearing your ideas.

If you have questions for myself or Tris, please be sure to tag us in your post so we get the alert!

Cheers
    -Brodie

• Winner Winner x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  2. Curi0sity

Curi0sity Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 27 / -18
    1. Format is fine, maybe make a tournament draft style to see how that could run, have x number of owners, 6 players per team, randomize draft order and do a snake draft like fantasy.
    2. Buy in price is fine.
    3. Bi-weekly tournaments work if players play according to the tournaments rather than LG. LG takes a toll on what times people can play/get together to practice with their teams.
    4. As stated in answer #3, yes the competitive events should be priority. I do think there should be an option for signing up "Are you planning on playing ESHL next season", which allows owners to see when bidding on said players.
    5. Media exposure was great and cool, and the little graphics that F5_Penguin did was cool as well, however I think it needs more traction to really take off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Tjhdp11
  3. Dups77

Dups77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -3
    Make esports start time at 10. Thanks

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Legend

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,131 / 51 / -133
    The first step is for NHL 19 to be a good game, then we can talk.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    JBTonTV
  5. Rishkoi

Rishkoi Captain Rishy

Ratings:
    +66 / 17 / -19
    If theres no club practice mode, its gonna be all for nought tbh.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Rishkoi
  6. SPLIFF N RUM

SPLIFF N RUM Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -7
    They should make a game type where you can have accual lines and on shifts and off shifts to have like 16 people in a team an accual hockey game I think that type would go a long way

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 6 / -8
    Fix the servers so I don't have to play on shitty east coast every game and hear everyone whine regardless. That alone will make the game more enjoyable for all the people who struggle with connection issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Dr Tre 2001

Dr Tre 2001 Shitter Since 2001

Ratings:
    +13 / 3 / -2
    What's the point? No matter what happens I'm going to be a shitter.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. SkillzPayBills3

SkillzPayBills3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 9 / -42
    do a 3s tourny for like a 5-10 buy in instead of fnp. hire @ScaryJoeyy for eshl commissioner

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Skillzpay3
  10. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 39 / -28
    @Kernsy said he would be down to run the league

ScaryJoeyy
  11. Bubba17-

Bubba17- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bubba17-#2233
    Ratings:
    +213 / 22 / -60
    If 19 runs the way 18 has this entire year, ESHL will be an absolute flop. This game needs to hold steady connections with no tilts whatsoever for this to work. This whole east, west, central server issue has to be resolved so teams can’t gain an advantage over one another abusing the host. 18 has been the worse game in years when it comes to connections, stability, animations, pickups - rivaling nhl 16 before that Christmas update. This game isn’t even close to the Esport scene and the national spotlight. Has a damn long way to go.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    wingnutdrw19
  12. Stewkos

Stewkos Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +432 / 9 / -6
    1. The overall format is fine, I think the only thing I would look into would be to have the people running the league completely unaffiliated with it. I don't think it's ever necessarily caused an issue nor do I think anybody in a position of power has ever done anything shady, I just think moving forward if we want this to gain legitimacy there needs to be a 3 person committee that doesn't play in the league who communicate directly with a representative from each team.

2. I think the buy in's are just right for what it is right now for what you get and I think the league admins did a great job of adjusting the size of the leagues based on team sizes.

3. I think there is a ton of potential for tournaments being run, and there are plenty of different little niche tournaments you could run. Most should be free, but I think the at least a few tournies a year should carry a buy in and that buy in should have part of it added to the final ESHL purse.

4. Other E sports where the players don't have salaries run the majority of their events on weekends to account for the fact that most of the players in the league have school or jobs, I think it's an avenue worth looking into. If availability is a concern than bring the rosters back up a spot or two.

5. More media coverage can only help. In addition to the weekly broadcasts some ideas: Podcasts, write ups, previews, game breakdowns, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. Cheez Whizzzzz

Cheez Whizzzzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -2
    1. What is your current thoughts on the format used for NHL 18? What changes *if any* would you suggest we make for the future? I wasn't a fan of the format at all and I'm aware I may be in the minority. If you play LG you have 3 + a possible 8 more scheduled games a week. That's 3 hours for LG considering some people have games scheduled on the same night plus 5 more for ESHL. 8 hours a week I have to be on at a certain time on 3 separate occasions, 3-4 nights of the week are literally blocked out of your life for 6s. If tournaments continue on versus as well which they most likely will that's more time away from that for a lot of people on here. My suggestion is moving toward a periodic leaderboard on here. I know scheduled games are important in terms of consistency in streaming, so have certain time slots during week nights or even weekends where a team can schedule a series against a team. 3+ time slots a week, make it a requirement for teams to have a certain amount of streamed games a season. I think more teams would buy in if they didn't have to play at a certain time every week.
    2. Do you feel the buy in price is A) too high B) too low C) just right? Too low. I'd personally like to see it raised but I understand the balance in having it affordable for all teams.
    3. How do you feel about bi-weekly, double elimination events? Does it work for 6s? Would it be ideal for 3s? Where do you see it fitting in? I see it fitting in for both and something that is needed for LG ESHL to move forward. The current system was boring and stale.
    4. What are you thoughts with the few conflicting LGHL times? With this being a paid, competitive event should it be priority? Should the LGHL teams be made aware of the ESHL rosters prior to bidding thereby making them more accountable to accommodate based on how many ESHL players they pick up for their LGHL roster? I mentioned earlier that I didn't like the conflicting times. ESHL should be made the priority.
    5. How do you feel about the media exposure during the events? Leet Night, to @F5 Penguin. Do we feel that brought the exposure that should continue to occur during our future events? Streaming/Media should increase, not really sure how much exposure it brought as I personally didn't watch and the LG view bot inflates viewers. BUT, it seems that people are interested in 6s, especially the media members that were involved in or watched the GWC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Keso_Paghuni
  14. MrMorgan31

MrMorgan31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They should do something about people quitting in drop in game this game not getting any better the money there making of this game and it has so many problems

No Streaming Account
  15. I-Gumby

I-Gumby Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -2
    as someone who does not play, but really enjoys watching the games. I would like there to be more media available and if possible the ability to rewatch games you’ve missed.

maybe people who stream can save it in there twitch profile and lg can create a link for each team on the team page.

No Streaming Account