Pac10Big10BigEast S1 W1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming International Hockey League (PSN)' started by SC00TER SP3C1AL, Jan 16, 2009.

1. wrm88

wrm88 kessel= 1nut pu$$y

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea iam going to go play

No Streaming Account
  2. wrm88

wrm88 kessel= 1nut pu$$y

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actly ill have it played by the end of the night i have a hockey game tonight.

No Streaming Account
  3. SC00TER SP3C1AL

SC00TER SP3C1AL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now, just need Rcjsn to get his in.. sometime soon then I can advance.

No Streaming Account
  4. Bogey21

Bogey21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw he was on for a while tonight playing nhl, wonder if he know he is the only one left to play.

No Streaming Account
  5. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He knows. I sent him a message on XBL.

No Streaming Account
  6. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One game left. Advance date is still set for Thursday at the moment.

No Streaming Account
  7. mervinmaverick

mervinmaverick Hawkeye 4 Life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heck if he still hasn't played by tom i'd almost say move the date up and tell him if he hasn't given a reason why and he's been on.

No Streaming Account
  8. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you do have a point.. I sent him a message reminding him. He hasnt given a reason. I'll wait tomorrow. and if it isnt in when I go to bed. Ill advance then.

No Streaming Account
  9. rcnjsn9

rcnjsn9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    crap! sorry......I started playing the game a few days ago, and then power went out here (I live like 2 miles from the inaguration site, so I'm guessing them prepping for it did smoething), and I guess in my head I remember playing it although it didnt get finished. My fault. Playing it now

No Streaming Account
  10. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's ok. I live in VA so I understand how crazy this entire area is right now.

No Streaming Account
  11. rcnjsn9

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh really? where in VA?

What a frustrating game! I was winning 17-14 going into the half. Then after getting the ball to start the 2nd half I proceeded to throw a pick 6. I could only answer with a FG. I'm trailing 21-20, then Mizzou gets another TD at the end of the 3rd, 28-20. Then I throw another pick (this time it was batted, and right to one of their guys), but hold Mizzou to a FG. 31-20. I'm getting frustrated. I try to run with Juice Williams, I get the first down! a yard later I'm crushed right before I hit the slide button and fumble, Mizzou picks it up and takes it all the way to the house. 38-20. I throw the controller. I answer quickly with a TD to Arrelious Benn, but fail the 2 pt conversion 38-26. I fail on the onside kick, but am able to hold Mizzou to a FG with 1:06 left. 41-26. I drive down the field in about 30 seconds for another TD. I get the 2 pt conversion! 41-34. I'm within a TD, now all I have to do is recover the onside kick!

FAIL!

Final score 41-34, I almost pulled it out over a Mizzou team that had me EXTREMELY outrated.

I'm starting to figure out that with A+ strength of schedule and the teams that are in it, if you dont have a team named USC or OSU its going to be next to impossible to get to a national championship any time soon. Also, it seems as if the good teams "find" a way to win. I was handling the game rather well in the first half. Then in the 2nd half when Mizzou was trailing my computer guys kept getting a bunch of random holding penalties, or facemask penalties (2 of them were when the computer made the tackle). And it seemed like Mizzou could do no wrong. Daniel may have been looking right the entire time, and his body facing that way and everything, then he'll zip a 30 yarder to the left into a super tight window to keep a drive going.

FRUSTRATING!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  12. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    South VA. probably a good 50-65 miles from DC.

No Streaming Account
  13. AoC Pyorala

AoC Pyorala TBL Owner.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm OSU and I'm not that great, I don't see a National Championship game in my future.. lol

No Streaming Account
  14. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And as Even as Lbert and I play.. he beat me the first time 35-24 and I beat him 28-14 the second.. im sure I can just as easily slip up..as anyone.

No Streaming Account
  15. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But I will say this. I have realized in these conferences The teams run maybe one or two deep.. what I might consider doing is once this season is through is.. let you guys pick a team any team and you can keep your old team if you like. I wont restrict to a certain conference.. im just playing with ideas...thoughts?

No Streaming Account
  16. L Bert12

L Bert12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea because I would love to play with someone like TCU...

No Streaming Account
  17. rcnjsn9

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya, to be completely honest the more I thought about it, the more I questioned the restriction to these conferences.....I mean you have pretty much 3-4 teams with any shot of doing anything, and 2 of those teams (USC and OSU) are already POWERHOUSES. other than that you have a bunch of mid-level teams trying to play the same level of ball as the top teams with lesser rated players. It just looked bad in my opinion that we were limited to weak conferences when you already had the strongest team out of all of them (besides OSU).

I like the idea of opening it up, brings more competition, and thats always fun :)

No Streaming Account
  18. SC00TER SP3C1AL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well. would you guys rather start over? or finish this out then go from there?

No Streaming Account
  19. L Bert12

L Bert12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Powerhouse teams mean nothing. Look at the other dynasty with top conferances and I have won the national championships both seasons with Clemson. You will never mistake them as a football powerhouse. Level of talent to a certain extent means something, but how you play the game means a lot more. If I am able to take Ball State and beat Flordia, there is no more of a true testiment to my statement...

No Streaming Account
  20. rcnjsn9

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not saying anything against you, because I have never played you......

but someone could take a high school team and glitch Florida to death and beat them.

Again, not saying you did that but beating computer opponents with glitches and such is always an option. I know that when I play user vs user games I run into guys who run the same 2-3 "money" plays over and over. I play you coming up in mervins league, I hope that doesnt happen :).

But back to my point, people have become to obsessed with winning and will do whatever it takes to do so. I'm not one of those people, and for my sake and the sake of others who play the game for fun and could care less to win its near impossible to compete for a national championship when teams have you outraded by 15-20 points or more.

And with Clemson, it doesnt hurt to have 2 ridiculous tailbacks, in particular a guy named Spiller ;)

No Streaming Account