Media Pacific Division Pre-Season Write-Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by xCOACH_19, Oct 14, 2019.

1. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Hello Everyone,

Eventually we will work towards a LGHL Magazine for the Write-Ups, but as of right now, its still a work in progress.

Here is the Metro Division Pre-Season Write-Up done by @Maximuss001

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Good evening ladies and gents of the LG community! I'd like to take the time to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian players! ( myself included tabernak)

This is my first ever write up, so please bare with me. I've been in the community for a while now but i'm more of a mind your own business/ no drama kind of guy. having said that, i don't know all of you very well but i will make it my priority to get to know you and to give you some decent content week in and week out.

I am more than honored to review the Pacific division, yes i am playing in it but i shall remain completely unbiased. Go SHARKS GO. All jokes aside, this will be a tight division so let's jump right into it.

1. San Jose Sharks [​IMG]

I do believe the sharks pull slightly ahead of the pack in this division, simply because I’m playing in San Jose myself obviously. Radicalapex is known to put together some contending teams year after year. Jcoul makes a return after missing 2 seasons and will find his old wingers back in Tcx7 and Wallywallabee. This could end up once again being one of the deadliest lines in the west. The second line sees another revenant in three_eleven07 which I think, will compliment well Pelley_ and XShaun88. I personally do not know any of the 3rd liners here so will have to report in the next write up. I’m a big fan of AC_gee, I think he is their best defenseman and will do great things this year, his blue line partner Zdball is also a great dman. I expect this pair to give hell to opposing teams. I don’t know much about Bidas_The_Beast but I do trust Radical’s decision to start him therefore he must be half decent. Between the pipes we have Penguins2013, rad’s trusted net minder for the last 3 years. (If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.) A stud of a goalie for a good price. And then me as backup: P

2. Seattle Thunderbirds [​IMG]

Clearly i was trying to get away with not addressing the problem we are all about to have in the Pacific division., The Seattle Thunderbirds. @Ducksfanwaterloo had the mandate to build the new baby of the west and let me tell you it's everything but cute. I am terrified of this team and got to experience their 1st line for myself on opening night. How did that go you ask? I GOT LIT THE FUCK UP. 6-0. @White_Knucklerz found the back of the net 4 times. He ended the week with a whooping 12pts while his linemates @Parihse and @OdessaSteps finished with 10 and 9 points, needless to say putting all 3 in the top 20 forwards for the week. I'm going to give another bold prediction and say that the line will finish the season in the top 15. ( unclear to me if this is their set line 1? will Odessa be the number 1 LW rest of season?) Want to know another scary fact? Their D is spooky AF. with the likes of @Professor_Merana and @Nardo x 19 it's going to be hard to get anything going in vs them. Another fun fact of week 1, Seattle only allowed 2 goals in the opening night. The Thunderbirds have depth for days both on offense and defense. Not to mention the terrifying netminder @Skinnasty 53, what ever little work that will be needed from him, he will do with finesse.
    While i'm on the Halloween/scares topic, picture the Pacific division going to a Halloween party, the Seattle Thunderbids definitely win scariest costume in my books. @Ducksfanwaterloo and his Zapdos are 100% making the yoffs.

3. Los Angeles Kings [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Surprise, surprise. I have the kings finishing second in this division. Not sure many people will agree with me on this one but I’m simply astonished of how good a team CJ built in his first run as owner. His first huge move was probably making Eastons17 his GM. He then acquired the big ChyzNasty for 8mil which, if you ask me is worth every penny, and the resigning of Blong67 who will probably be playing on Cj’s line since they do have some chemistry from last year, even tho Cj was playing D. Speaking of D, have you seen this defensive corps? Not too fucking shabby, the addition of NH4JP was huge, he will be the pillar on this team. The only worry I have with the kings would be in nets, ZBernatchez does have a cup under his belt and WAS quite a stud a few years back but I’m not quite sure where he stands now. And LI923II? Seems to be his first year as G? I’m excited to see how this tandem holds up in week 1 and who will get the starting role. But one thing's for sure, this offense will open up the flood gates week after week and i will make this my bold prediction and say they score the most goals in this division.

4. Edmonton Oilers [​IMG]

What a fucking team! VkB absolutely killed it and made the Dallas Stars great again…I mean the Edmonton oilers. The signing of Trashclown as GM was big and made way for great yet cheap signings. It’s basically everything that worked in Dallas with a sprinkle of better D. That offense is legit, with the likes of Charmop82, The blindref and company will have no problem finding the back of the net every single night. And what to say about that ridiculous defense? KSKrish is a stud, Coach is a certified stud as well and Canada’s game is also a beauty. (my boy) It’s not going to be fun to play against the oilers and I’m not expecting many goals against that’s for damn sure. The one thing that worries me on this team, if you can even call it a worry loll, is their g’s. I don’t know any of them which brings me to this next question, WHY YOU NO BID ON ME?! All jokes aside, With that team in front of him, even Brickwall could win a stanley or two. My second bold prediction of the season, this team allows the fewest goals in this division.

5. Anaheim Ducks [​IMG]

It was pretty much a coin toss between the ducks and nucks for 4th place. BigFreeze is not the most liked guy in LG but boy can he build good fucking teams. Although this season, the big guy is surprisingly enough playing D. Can freeze even play D you ask? I’ve seen it, it’s not pretty. (Kidding bud…ish.) The addition of Gamingfreak911 was pretty good although he will be playing forward this season flanked by his wingers ODuck182 and Kanye’s-Ego. Freeze and Wartorian will complete this West line who will probably give some teams a hard time. They also have 2 strong east lines. NehxC with Crazyliish on one side and Nigakage412 on the other sounds like a pretty scary 1st line to me. Cmess, Jago and Senshockey will be forming the 2nd line, although I think they could easily be as 1st line material in another team. The defense is where I think they might have a hard time. Swbobcats gets the job once again, he is BigFreeze’s go to guy and with reason, Bobcats has been quite consistent. I think Bigfreeze is too good of an owner to miss the spring dance this year.

6. Vancouver Canucks [​IMG]

Like I mentioned above, it really was a coin flip for me to determine 4th and 5th. I actually put Vancouver as the sleeper team of the Pacific div. I do think this group of guys is always trying to better themselves and are one of the squads who consistently play with each other out of LG games. We all know the Sedin bros ( Allanscanucks and Tmills71) are inseparable and got some pretty good chemistry going, let’s see if Biologiccs can feed of that synergy and be their Alex Burrows. We also have that strong 2nd line with Iplayforkeeps and Mynamesmino who have good chem, with the addition of Bertone2909, they could continue to light the lamp this year. On D, you have Cress and Chief on the first pair and speedy, swig on the second. If you ask me, those 2 pairs are solid as fuck and should keep the biscuit out of their zone. And if somehow the puck does stay in their end of the ice, you have to get past the General himself. Sounds like fun… I value the general as a top g this season, he has been nothing but clutch recently. BEWARE OF THESE NUCKS…you read it here first.

7. Calgary flames [​IMG]

I wasn't quite sure if i wanted to put the Flames higher or lower in the rankings, most people will have question marks when it comes to Calgary. The gwan trade? wut? Did he request a trade? Was he cancer? who knows. I think he's a stud LW and will find success with the Jets. On to what the Flames got in return. On paper, FALK seems quite good but he also hasn't played in over 5-6 seasons so the sample size is not big enough for me to determine that. Gallysuzuki is the only good name that i see when i look at that offense, the rest seems to be more of a supporting crew/ 3rd liners. The addition of OGPOTSIE on D is quite good but not sure it will be enough to save this team. STLSTASH, a already great goalie, will have to stand on his head if he wants to give this team a fighting chance.

8. Las Vegas Knights [​IMG]

Not too sure about this team, very similar to the Coyotes, the Knights have one good line with Kingclutch, Brindyx17, but again i don't see a good 2nd/3rd line. The d looks flimsy as well. Terry, a good friend of mine is the small speck of hope on the knights but i don't think he will be able to stop the bleeding that will occur. Apologies for this one being shorter, i don't know many players on this team, will make an effort to follow the knights and see if they can prove me wrong.

Thank you for your patience considering this is my first ever write up, I will be doing these every weekend and recap the week. Will be adding a Studs of the week/ Stinkers of the week segment as well. Bold predictions and top 10 at every position. If you guys think of anything else you would like added please message me here or in PM.

Again, thank you for reading me. <3

PS: sorry if i offended anyone!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Coachx19
  2. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    Arizona isn't in the Pacific, Seattle is

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  3. Maximuss001

Maximuss001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    Rip, was looking at standings and went with that. Let me rectify that after LG games good sir. Thanks for heads up

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Maximus014
  4. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    If you look at the regular season standings it will show Seattle in the Pacific, and Arizona in the Central

• Winner Winner x 2
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  5. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    Nice job man. You're right about me I don't know how I'll be either lol been awhile. Good luck this season everyone

• Like Like x 1
    zBernatchez
  6. BLong67-

BLong67- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BLong67#4885
    Ratings:
    +880 / 47 / -70
    • Like Like x 1
    blong67_
  7. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    believe.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Parihse

Parihse Friends call me P

Discord:
    Parihse#8419
    Ratings:
    +415 / 7 / -32
    I’m offended.

• Winner Winner x 2
    parihse
  9. Mxnahan

Mxnahan xTheos l7l : J483beale ur my hero

Discord:
    Mxnahan#2395
    Ratings:
    +221 / 4 / -2
    Nice write up @Maximuss001 !!

I am surprised you don't know who Bak is though

• Informative Informative x 1
    Mxnahan
  10. Maximuss001

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    Yea lol, to be fair i don't know half the people i'm talking about in my review lol i'm just looking up stats and asking around.

p.s i got the Seattle write up done...just waiting on Coach to see if i post it as a reply or if he's gonna edit it in.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Maximus014
  11. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    how did u make the logos so big like that?

• Useful Useful x 1
    icallsowhat55
  12. Maximuss001

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -6
    I basically went in the match up screen and copy pasted the logos.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Maximus014
  13. xChyzz

xChyzz Average Player, Exceptional Human Being

Discord:
    Chyz#5743
    Ratings:
    +520 / 18 / -36
    Thanks for the kind words.

• Like Like x 3
    Chyz
  14. xCOACH_19