Petition for a 3rd captain ahl level

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Fatjoedashow1984, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Fatjoedashow1984

Fatjoedashow1984 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -3
    hey guys I believe that a 3rd captain should be allowed in the ahl with players being able to play only 3 games I feel that a 3rd captain would be a great asset to the league , the nhl has it why cant we.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Would make sense then you could have a gm agm and captian one each of 3 likes and they would have the responsibility of stats and getting the game organized

FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  3. droxx22

droxx22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4
    It would be beneficial. Anybody can put stats in if you teach them how though. I have several guys on my team that can do it. But yeah it would be nice to have it official.

droxx222
  4. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    The NHL has an Owner, a GM and an AGM, the AHL has an OWNER, a gm, and an AGM

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. droxx22

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4
    Not the same Deadricguy. NHL owner is not on the AHL roster. Read what the man is saying before you kiss ass please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    droxx222
  6. Electronic_J

Electronic_J Stay At Home LD

Ratings:
    +75 / 1 / -0
    Not sure if it suits here as the nhl owner over sees the entire organization not just nhl but owns everyone on every roster .... U don't need that many as any player can hash tag the stats as I had 2 roster players do it this season on a few nights .... And the gm of ahl usually handles all roster movement anyway so why not just appoint one on ur team and have ur team respect that ? Instead of having so many hands in the cookie jar lol just food for thought lol

• Like Like x 2
    electronic_j
  7. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Not many standard player wants to take stats. Nor is it their duty. Unless you have a goalie GM or AGM you wont have 9 games a week covered. You are more than correct in what the role of owner is. But as stated the owner although on the AHL roster is not eligible to play in an AHL games. Its the C, A, A system all hockey teams use. GM C with 2 A's. i don't really see how this is a bad thing. Seeing as we witnessed a lot of management changes mid season in the AHL. This would enable another GM able to step up without being a distraction.

The main oversight I see is with 3 management rolls would effect the salary cap. Wither all GMs would have to take a mandatory set year contract or if the cap would have to be lowered or higher.

IMO I dont think its a bad idea. I had to field a lot of daily inquiries when in the AGM roll. And when Kcrusher was banned (owner) along with GM Fuqt. I had to step into the head GM and anoint someone as an Assistant in order to get everything in order and stats being done. SO it would have been beneficial this season if this were already in place. Of course this is not the kind of situations anyone wants or should find themselves in. I am sure season 2 will run more smoothly with everyone having a season under their belts.

• Like Like x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  8. Electronic_J

Electronic_J Stay At Home LD

Ratings:
    +75 / 1 / -0
    I know its no ones duty bro but we are a team, we managed this season did we not getting stats? someone will always assist with such an easy task but 3 managers in ahl? i dont think it is needed to me not a big deal 2 ask 1 of 6 players if one would take the stats ..... they dont even have to tweet them i have even had them sent to me.. but anyway in the end it seems its about stats and as i said its easier just to ask 1 of 6 guys to take stats for a game as we all on the same team then to configure if we should have salaries what would they be and what happens when one quits? are u able to just take the 4m cap hit guy slap him with an agm sticker and he is now 0? just saying would make for a lot more loop holes as most of us gms dont allow anyone to do anything manager tool related lol so i think asking a guy to take stats would be simplier lol

electronic_j
  9. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Well I am sure the Texas team could have used an extra one. Maybe they wouldn't have forfeited the last week.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  10. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    I agree this would be hugely helpful... especially for small stat adjustments that OCR doesn't pick up which end up just being a pain/time consuming for GMs.

Like @droxx22 said, I put in stats even though I don't have GM status even for games I play with my GMs... but this is a major pain when all OCR stats aren't picked up (almost always saves and save %), or if small manual changes need to be made.

eZDangles
  11. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I don't understand, the AHL has the ability to add a 2nd AGM already (they will show up as CPT (or captain) under the team stats page when you click on an individual team under standings).

• Like Like x 2
    Sloshy97
  12. BROSKI_002

BROSKI_002 Overpaid

Ratings:
    +308 / 8 / -13
    AGREED

Brozski002
  13. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    eMLB said AHL teams are not supposed to have two AGM's. We had this for about a week and we were asked to remove the 2nd AGM.

• Winner Winner x 1
    HoustonOso
  14. S0ME ROCK

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    Exactly, we don't need another captain, you can nominate it on your team and give him that title, but the league won't recognize it.
    If you pick a good AGM, then there will be no need to have another

No Streaming Account
  15. S0ME ROCK

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    The NHL Owner is on our roster...

No Streaming Account
  16. droxx22

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4
    He's only on it so people know who the owner is. He's technically not on the roster. He can't play any games for AHL. Look up the roster size for the AHL it's 17 not 18.

droxx222
  17. Oso-Sic

Oso-Sic RIP to Recki

Discord:
    Oso-Sic#4266
    Ratings:
    +601 / 6 / -39
    Hold on their bud. I was specifically replying to Sloshy's post. I wasn't making my case for only having one AHL AGM.

There's not a lot of good GM's out there at the AHL level. Did I mention that the first AHL GM & AGM we had eventually both got a 3 season ban? I still think we should have the option of adding a second AHL AGM. In theory, you'd like to have someone who can edit stats in each of your 9 games. You can't do that in the AHL unless you have a G as management.

• Like Like x 3
    HoustonOso