Players Randomly Assigned:

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Cromags21, May 8, 2012.

1. Franchise Matty

Franchise Matty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    Any idea on when ill be assigned? Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  2. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    this week, could be today. But by the end of the week you will be on a team for sure

No Streaming Account
  3. Franchise Matty

Franchise Matty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    nonhumanmatty#0
    Ratings:
    +224 / 2 / -13
    Okay, very helpful. thanks.

No Streaming Account
  4. Cromags21

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Assignments: 6-28-12

Nashville:
    Matty A 31 - G

Pittsburgh:
    GRAZoMatic - GRAZoMATIC - Center - Right Wing
    Laz84 - Laz84 - Left Wing - Right Wing

Washington:
    Valknight - valknight - Left Wing - Right Wing,Left Defense,Right Defense

Chicago:
    - OUTDOORSMAN08 - OUTDOORSMAN08 - Right Wing - Left Wing

LA Kings:
    Spezza x19 - Right Defense [ Availability 1 maybe 2 games a week]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  5. dispiggy8donuts

dispiggy8donuts oink oink bitches

Discord:
    dispiggy8donuts#9244
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    cromags! i need another person another dman quit..its one i pm u about

No Streaming Account
  6. RGrant_15

RGrant_15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    piggy, i need Dmen before u do, u have 4, we have 3..

No Streaming Account
  7. jasonblaze065

jasonblaze065 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    first of all guys if i was franky id tell you to lick my balls simplily because the commish check rosters and pms for what teams need not go by demands in public if you need a type of player pm them dont sound desperate in the forums looks really bad tbh worst comes to worst you guys have the management forums

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Cromags21

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Assignments 7-2-12

LA Kings
    SaNcAlandariel- SaNcAlandariel - Right Defense - Right Wing

Ottawa:
    Macmak246 - xTHE G0Dx - Center - Left Wing,Right Wing
    Freddy Couples - Freddy Couples - Right Defense - Center,Left Wing,Right Wing,Left Defense

Pittsburgh:
    o parise o - o parise o - Center - Left Wing

No Streaming Account
  9. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since the last time we were assigned an LD or RD, 24 players who listed LD/RD as a primary position have been assigned to other teams. That doesn't include the 8 who listed LD/RD as secondary positions. It's absolutely imperative that the next high-powered defenceman is assigned to our team. I haven't been able to play forward for over a month because we lack D. We have forwards and goalies filling in on an almost nightly basis and our record as of late reflects that.

May 19th was the last time we were assigned a player that stayed active for more than a handful of games. I look through this thread and I see that nearly every team has a top-tier player that was assigned to them. Some teams have several top players who have been assigned. We are in a position where we have to rely only on those who haven't quit since the draft, while other teams have had there rosters balanced and rectified via random assignments.

Consider all of this please when dishing out the final set of assignments this season.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  10. jewbawkka

jewbawkka Am Le bad

Discord:
    Jewbawkka#0814
    Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -4

your team has 5 players listed as primary D.

imjewbawkka
  11. Spezza x19

Spezza x19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

This should emulate what most people are thinking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&NR=1&v=lITBGjNEp08

No Streaming Account
  12. Cromags21

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Vin I am not sure what your actually saying. We hand out the player to the position need by each team. Boston didn't need a defenseman, They already had 4 where other teams had 3. This goes for goalies and forwards as well.

If a team has 1 center - Then they will get a center assigned to the team
    If a team has everything. 2 goalies, 2/3 center and 4 defenseman. The team will get a winger.

The way you are posting, you think we just hand these players out. If you think that, you are mistaken. We just do not throw players on team. We carefully look at what each team exactly needs. Then we hand out players to what positions are needed on the teams.

No Streaming Account
  13. Martin McFlyyy

Martin McFlyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 6 / -1
    I think what Vintage was trying say is: dubinsky and vaporiz, through cowardly and selfish tactics, put our team in a very rough position for playoffs. We no longer have the a great "punch" at forward, our lines have taken a giant hit in chemistry, and depth is unfounded. Therefore, a strong need for Defensive assets is IMPERATIVE and we ask the administration team to greatly consider the Bruins for the next Defensive drop.

martinmcflyyy
  14. N3XTLVL

N3XTLVL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    amen amen amen

No Streaming Account
  15. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I think Bos players need to speak with their owners and and know what they are trying to do. The trade dead line was last week and I know for a fact that they had the opportunity to add quality defensive players. These things are monitored and owners are usually contacted to find their team's need.

There are times when a group of players quit and a team has dire needs but I don't see this as a case for Bos, at least recently.

16. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well, I agree that the players need to speak with their team before going on here like this, I don't agree about the defensive thing. We were offered one defensive player who has limited availability (something we have no shortage of on our defense currently) and I personally do not value him at the same level that you do. For the record, in order to make this trade work out for everyone involved, we were only able to trade one of our better defensemen for a player that instantly burned us. Not to complain, I consider it our fault for trading for two douchebags, but we didn't have the opportunity to 'add quality defensive player(s)'. That's not what really happened.

No Streaming Account
  17. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I think the point was that the players feel the team needs more Dmen and I was just stating that there are other resources and for whatever reasons the team's management chose not to go in that direction. Players can not assume that its the leagues fault or responsibility when all is factored in. Random assignments should never be considered the main resource for players but just as a source to replenish teams Rosters.

A player who is available 2-3 games a week should be considered typical or normal, not "limited" and this mentality in owners is what causes some of the panic we've experienced this season. It's rare to have players available "any night". I have maybe 3 total counting myself and do not expect others to be so active. I believe in all my players and even those I just traded and would keep them all. I made a gesture to help other teams. I currently have for this week 11 active players with a goalie MIA and a Dman who wouldn't be available all week because of work schedule and no Sunday games. The Dman got off work early and I put him the 10pm game because I want to keep all my players active and a part of the team.

Everyone here is not out to get something for nothing and some are here just trying to help the whole picture (league). I've just seen this hundreds of times in leagues, where teams are in need and have the opportunity to fix it and then it gets turned around to circumstances and the league's fault. I did an assignment not more than a couple weeks ago and it balanced all teams up with D. Bos had 5 and was in the top have of teams with Dmen. Basically things happen, but to make it sound like Bos has been neglected as Vintage is doing is misleading (or the team is not informing the league of an accurate roster condition).

18. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I can only go off my own personal account of a player that I had any experience with, and I personally saw that player in question no-show on multiple occasions. So as I said, I did not agree with your valuation there, but that's a just two managers disagreeing on a player, as happens.

No Streaming Account
  19. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This probably should have sent through PM in hind sight. That's what I get for posting at 2AM, herp derp. As for discussing this with team management first, my last exchange with a commissioner lead me to assume that my owner had already put in such a request. I apologize if such is not the case.

I understand that certain teams like NJ were the logical choice for certain assignments; forwards playing D > no one playing D... I get that. We might have 5 players listed as D, I'm not sure about that. However in terms of games played per week it's not working out. Most of those D are only able to play 1-2 games a week.

It's not unreasonable for goalies/forwards to fill in here and there on D. In fact it's necessary. It's just that it's been like this for quite some time now (for us) while I see other teams being assigned D after D.

No Streaming Account
  20. Cromags21

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Assignments 7-5-12

:hphx:Phoenix:
    cG Dynasty - cG Dynasty -Right Wing [Center,Goalie]

:hbos: Boston
    Burnzie79 - Burnzie79 - Center [Right Wing,Left Defense]

:hphi: Philadelphia
    Xx SpLiFF - Xx SpLiFF - Right Wing [Center,Left Wing]