Playoff MVP - After Round 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, May 5, 2018.

1. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Round 2 has come and gone and my god was it exciting. We saw an amazing (but short) Thunderbirds vs Bears series, the highly anticipated Wild vs Moose matchup and a 7 game classic between the Rampage and Reign.

Lets take a look at the Playoff MVP candidates for the 4 teams remaining in the chase for the Calder Cup.

Springfield Thunderbird:

@cornect57 - What left is there to say? 4-0 in the first 2 rounds with 13 goals. Amazing stat: 18 goals have been scored in the games that Corn has played in and he has 13 of them. That's 72% of his teams offense in his 4 wins. That is mind blowing. Big shoutout to his linemate @Nhltwister for being the Nick Backstrom of this line. Both these guys have been dynamic.

@JBask - Hard for a Dman to win a Playoff MVP in my opinion, but Jbask is making a great case. 4-0 playing as the Dmen for Corn & Twist, but what really jumps out is the very impressive 17 takeaways and +8 GA/TA ratio. In the game he's played the line has allowed 4 goals in 4 games.

@Red_Raider_2145 - Raider has played 8/10 games for the Tbirds in the playoffs and has been fantastic. 7-1 record, 1.35 GAA, 89% Sv% with 1 SO. The no doubt starting goalie for this impressive team has played well in each round and behind every line he's been in with.

Toronto Marlies:

@soul2cold77 - Current playoff leading scorerwith 17 point in 4 games. 4-0 record and hasn't had a bad game yet in these playoffs. Leading his team in SOG and +/-. This LW can ball.

@deerhunter2911 - Soul's linemate and Center for the Marlies top line. 14 points and 4-0 in the playoffs. Has better GA/TA ratios then most of the forwards on his team but where he really shines is in the FO dot. 62.5% will do especially in tight playoff games. He is a presence out there on the ice for the Marlies.

@Fishydangles - Probably one of the better Goalies we've seen in these playoffs and a stud for the Marlies all year long. Fishy is a perfect 7-0 allowing only 10 goals on 103 shots with 1 shutout. For comparison: Among qualified starters in these playoffs (playing at least 3 games) Fishy is 8th in AVG Shots per Game with 14.7. Meaning = He isn't just benefiting from shutdown D. He's working for these wins.

San Antonio Rampage:

@PerfectSkillz_Qc - 4-1 with 14 points and more importantly the hero in Game 7 vs the Reign. The Reign's best players couldn't find an answer for him and he popped off for 4 goals and an assist in the series clinching win. Had a under the radar but great season and is really showing up for the Rampage in these playoffs. Will be a big part of Round 3 if the Rampage make it through

@Fulltrottle911 - The only 6-0 player on the Rampage and has done some serious work as a shut down Dman in these playoffs. Its really hard for a dman to be in consideration for these awards at the end of the year, but a perfect record definitely helps. 4 assists and a +12 in his games are great even thought the GA/TA isn't as impressive as Jbask. He pushes the play up ice which is imperative during any part of the season

I'd like to follow this up by saying the Rampage are one of those teams that win by committee. There isn't much clear separation between all the players on this team. Every line gets it done in each of the series they've played. (Each of first 2 round series have went 7 games). So full credit to each member of the team!

Manitoba Moose:

The entire line of @bertone2909, @BryanAdoresLiz & @rockygratt84 gets the honors for the Moose so far through the second round. All 4-0. All with 11 points. All a +6. This line gets it done as a team and has been the rock for the Moose all season long. They might not score a tonne, but get it done with defensive prowess and timely counter punching & cycling. They faced and beat Mattthecoolcat, Beast & Tommy vs the wild, which not many have done this season. I can't continue to just pick 1 or 2 of these guys in the MVP because there is just no seperating them. Kind of goes against the "Moose Mantra"

The Moose are unique in the fact that they really get it done together and the "classic counting" stats don't necessarily do them justice. I imagine their Corsi/Fenwick/other advanced stats would be off the charts, as their Defence has been very good. I just have a hard time picking 1 or 2 out from the bunch. I'd love to throw a Goalie in here as well, but Arch hasn't played enough games (Moose Management - #FreeArch) and Nasty (albeit great) struggled at times vs the Wild. This could easily change moving forward as we are only halfway through the playoffs.

That's it! Let me know if I missed anyone or if your agree/disagree with my list. We'll check back in next week when we know who is facing off in the Finals!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    krok0dill
  2. Mystique0820

Mystique0820 Maximum Effort

Ratings:
    +318 / 29 / -56
    • Winner Winner x 2
    the_real_teal
  3. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    Nice write up. Manitoba D need more love, same with Dr. Nasty. Iowa had the best forward core imo.

You gave them a nod which is nice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa
  4. Red_Raider_2145

Red_Raider_2145 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 15 / -12
    @Krok-o-dill I got carried by my team again i felt as if I wasn't playing my best i played alright had some big saves in the series but everything else was my forwards and especially my Dmen @JBask @ClassicKarma only allowing 1 breakaway on me can't ask for more than that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Red_raider2145
  5. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    I would task you to try and pick 1 out of the bunch. They are all (very good) carbon copies of each other! Nasty hasnt been his dominant self in these playoffs (the wild had very good forwards to be fair). Doesnt have the #s compared to the other goalies on this list.

• Like Like x 1
    krok0dill
  6. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    I think you are way to hard on yourself. Goalie to goalie you are being a difference maker!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    krok0dill
  7. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    This write up needs more brink.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ibi2iinik
  8. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,297 / 21 / -57
    My MVP vote would definitely go to @Fulltrottle911 at this point. No way the Rampage get through two 7-game series without him (and the 6-0 record speaks for that).

• Like Like x 2
    mt98
  9. Bxrt1_

Bxrt1_ Washed AF

Discord:
    Bert#9478
    Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -12
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Bxrt1
  10. Fulltrottle911

Fulltrottle911 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the comment I appreciate it . But I have to say that this is completly wrong . My team is only here because every player of the team contributed . We did win 2 x game 7 and the teams we faced were as hungry as we are . This was no walk in the park and nobody can carry a team at this point . Rampage are much better then ppl think they are .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Mxnahan

Mxnahan xTheos l7l : J483beale ur my hero

Discord:
    Mxnahan#2395
    Ratings:
    +221 / 4 / -2
    "Hard for a Dman to win a Playoff MVP in my opinion" he says.

@PitcheRxSwaGx wya

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Mxnahan
  12. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord:
    pitcherxswagx#0
    Ratings:
    +855 / 162 / -77
    First you gotta go 9-0-1.
    Then you have to eliminate all 4 teams in the playoffs.
    Then you have to win at least 2 game 7s.
    Followed by +\- > 10.
    And last but not least you have to override your gms decisions on who plays what games because you know damn sure your line isn’t losing again.
    And then you can win game 7.
    Last but not least you have to carry fifa domi
    @TeeXGrizzley

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Santaklaus42