Playoff MVP Race - After Round 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Another week has come and gone in LG And Round 1 of the AHL playoffs is complete. (RIP my playoff ass)

As the IRL media does, lets take a look at the front runners for Playoff MVPs so far for each of the 8 teams still remaining in the hunt for the Calder Cup.

Springfield Thunderbirds:
    @cornect57 - Goal scorer extraordinar and ASG Captian. 8 goals in 2 games with @Nhltwister (who in his own right could be on this list)
    @JBask - 2-0 with 5 assists and a positive Ga/Ta. All you can ask for and more from your D man
    @Red_Raider_2145 - Put up a great 4 games vs his old team with a 3-1 record while letting in a microscopic 1 goal against per game.

Hershey Bears:
    @DirtyBird2012 - Perfect 4-0 with a 1 GAA and 84% Sv%. He’s been amazing to start of a quick playoffs for the Bears
    @LeCupidon - 2-0 and the offensive leader for the Bears right now. Will be relied upon the rest of the way to be a difference maker for the Bears

Toronto Marlies:
    @soul2cold77 - Take it from me first hand, this guy and @deerhunter2911 have been outstanding in their first round matchup. Expect for this to continue as they oush through the playoffs.
    @Fishydangles - 3-0 and a 90% (!!!) save %. Had some big games in the first round and will continue to see the bulk of starts in the Playoffs

Rochester Americans:
    Overturned games in their first round matchup leaves not alot of stats to look at. I know alot of good players on this team, we should start to see a leader emerge in the 2nd round for this team, although @Tkachuk__7 and @Kmac519 have been good in their small sample size.

Manitoba Moose:
    @Archmagus9 - The clearcut goalie for the Moose in the first round (stats wise). 2-0 with a 95% save percentage. That’s lights out. Still a small sample size for both goalies, but does Arch go all Matt Murray and steal the starting job when it matters most?
    @Killasound - Moose have been preaching D all year. Killa lived it in the first round. 2-0 with not many offensive numbers, but the GA/TA what matters here vs a great wolves team. Will need offense to be among the finalists in the MVP race.
    @BryanAdoresLiz - Although there are 3 fwds tied with the same amount of point production, Bryan has been scoring more with less shot and distributing the puck (3 assist). His whole line has been great

Iowa Wild:
    @xxBEAST4EVERxx - Top scorer all season, continued over into the playoffs. 2-0 11 points nuff said.
    @MattTheCoolCat - Another top player all season getting it done alongside his linemate Beast.
    @lx JoneZ xl - One of the top goalies all year. 2-0 start with a Shutout. 88% Sv%

P.S can’t wait to see Moose v Wild Round 2!!!

San Antonio Rampage:
    @vCodester - Best fwd through a tight Round 1 for the Rampage, first Fwd we’ve seen make the list with a loss (2-1 record)
    @Fulltrottle911 - our first 3-0 entry as the Rampage were pushed to Game 7. He’s the only 3-0 member of his team and has been one of the best since the start of the season. 3 pts and a +7. Get into his backpack Round 2.

Ontario Reign:
    @JRow514 - 2-0? Check. Leading team in points? Check. Winning FOs at a high rate? Check. All you can ask for from your top line center.
    @iCb4uC - split starts with Deal and put up some big boy numbers. 2-0, 1 SO, .5 GAA, 96% SV%. If he keeps playing like this he should be playing the majority of games. Anybody else want to see the Reign go to a Game 7 to see who tends the goal? Could be fireworks.

Would love to hear others opinions!
    Did I miss anyone?
    Predictions on who will be the MVP at the end of the playoffs?
    (I did this on my phone so be gentle)

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    krok0dill
  2. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    • Like Like x 4
    bottle_man
  3. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Fair play, can’t wait to see what he does in the second round. If you guys are able to make it through im sure he’ll be on this list next week!

• Like Like x 1
    krok0dill
  4. Red_Raider_2145

Red_Raider_2145 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 15 / -12
    @Krok-o-dill thanks for thinking i'm a possible playoff MVP i thought i played like shit that series

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Red_raider2145
  5. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    If that is shit i’d hate to face you on your game. Good luck in R2!

• Funny Funny x 1
    krok0dill
  6. Twistnee

Twistnee cup check

Discord:
    Twistnee#0284
    Ratings:
    +158 / 14 / -57
    Who da fook is Cornect

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xtwisterr
  7. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    I feel like I just get looked over sometimes, I get that I am a shitter and not a playoff MVP but I would at least like to get mentioned for once :sadegg:

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    xToMMyyyyy
  8. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Just one round so far! Ill do this after every round ends.

Show me what you got!

• Funny Funny x 1
    krok0dill
  9. ISLANNDS

ISLANNDS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    islannds#0
    Ratings:
    +99 / 16 / -11
    Nice write up !!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ISLANNDS