Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by phillyfan765, Feb 16, 2015.

1. phillyfan765

phillyfan765 LGFA Deputy Commissioner

Ratings:
    +167 / 2 / -2
    Here is a look at how things are shaping up for the playoffs. Over the next few weeks this thread will be filled up with more info tracking teams and playoff seeding while also looking at key match up's for the rest of the season.

Points Remaining: 42

Arsenal (Currently 1st): 49 points (Max 91/Min 49)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th vs Liverpool
    Tuesday Feb 24th vs Liverpool
    Sun Feb 22nd vs Newcastle
    Tue Mar 3rd vs Newcastle

Liverpool (Currently 2nd) 44 points (Max 86/Min 44)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17 vs Arsenal
    Tue Feb 24th vs Newcastle
    Tue Feb 24th vs Arsenal
    Tue March 3rd vs Sunderland

Newcastle (Currently 3rd) 40 points (Max 82/ Min 40)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th vs Sunderland
    Tue Feb 2rth vs Liverpool
    Sun Feb 22nd vs Arsenal
    Monday Feb 23rd vs Sunderland

Sunderland (Currently 4th) 36 points (Max 78/ Min 36)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th vs Man United
    Tue Feb 17th vs Newcastle
    Mon Feb 23rd vs Newcastle
    Tue Feb 24th vs Arsenal
    Sun Mar 1st vs Arsenal
    Mon Mar 2nd vs Liverpool
    Tue Mar 3rd vs Liverpool

Manchester United (currently 5th) 35 points (Max 77/Min 35)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th Vs Arsenal
    Tue Feb 16th vs Sunderland
    Sun Feb 22nd vs Chelsea
    Mon Mar 2nd vs QPR
    Tue Mar 3rd vs QPR
    Tue Mar 3rd vs Chelsea

Chelsea (currently 6th) 32 points (Max 74/Min 32)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th vs Liverpool
    Sun Feb 22nd vs Man United
    Mon Feb 23rd vs Liverpool
    Mon Feb 23rd vs Newcastle
    Tue Feb 24th vs QPR
    Sun Mar 1st vs QPR
    Tue Mar 3rd vs Man United

QPR (Currently 7th) 24 points (Max 66/Min 24)

Key Games:

Tue Feb 17th vs Newcastle
    Tue Feb 24th vs Chelsea
    Sun Mar 1st vs Chelsea
    Mon Mar 2nd vs Man United
    Tue Mar 3rd vs Man United

Hull city (Currently 8th) 19 points (Max 61/Min 19)

Key Games:All of Hull City’s Games are crucial for their playoff position

Tottenham (currently 9th) 18 points (Max 60/Min 18)

Key Games: All of Tottenham’s Remaining games are considered key for their playoff position

Manchester City (currently 10th) 14 points (Max 56/Min 14)

Key Games: All of Manchester Citys Games are considered key games as Manchester City will need to do very well over the final weeks to ensure a good playoff seed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Will it be possiblle to put playoff on sunday-monday only? Pretty sure around 30-40% of the community will have ACL on tuesday in early march @ 10pm est

or move tuesday games early.

Just a suggestion:)

Thanks Philly

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Who cares. Teams have 18 total people.

• Like Like x 4
    OutlawsFCTV
  4. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Plus TC.

• Like Like x 1
    OutlawsFCTV
  5. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I second sunday Monday as it will make games as competitive as possible with no excuses for losing teams

6. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    We shouldn't be a secondary league....let those 30-40% make ACL change their times, not ours. Im not saying fight with the other league over players but we should be able to do our own thing while they do theirs. We didnt do it for any other LG league, why for a totally separate site?

Dont get me wrong I like both leagues but, I support Leaguegaming considering we are taking about this on their site and in their league, dont think we should be talking about bending for others.

Not trying to start a flame war cause I know we are pretty split community as a lot of us play in other LG leagues or FVPPA. but why does LGFA seem to be the one to have to try and adapt to every other league, I dont see any of them trying to help our cause here.

either way ill end up in both leagues, just dont think one league should have to change its structure to accomodate another... Maybe LGFA and FVPPA can get together and work out times since we have staff on both sites playing in this league (or we did lol) like 9:00 9:30 LG - 10:00 10:30 ACL? Draxla and Philly should party up together!

• Like Like x 1
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    lg should adapt because they are a second mover in the fifa market. Whether the staff realizes it or not this will be a second league as long as fvpaa stands. Just like all those bullshit hockey leagues are second AND accommodate to lg by not using their times. Also im playing acl on March 10th in playoffs or not and I know a lot of players especially div 1 players in acl could not give two shits about this league and are playing in it to pass the time.

My .02

8. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Not to mention in my opinion this league runs too many days. We should cut It down to 3 days a week and play Sunday Monday and Tuesday at 9&9:35. Idk why we need to wait 30 min in between games

• Like Like x 1
  9. LFc Tex

LFc Tex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with mackay, Fvpaa has been around way longer than LG for Fifa. And once acl starts up again most of my time will be with that instead of this. yall should move times, and let Fvpaa players be able to play Lg and Fvpaa without schedule conflicts

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. You Got Trumpd

You Got Trumpd I Only Pass

Ratings:
    +215 / 5 / -4
    Ah who cares lol, Hopefully Man City can turn around

You_Got_Obamad
  11. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    That's the whole point you guys will be out by then and most likely the teams projected to go to the finals have atleastb5 per roster. What the point of playing the semis and finals with squads that your team could have beaten

12. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Mackay is right. I'm a league official in the LGBA. Right now our league is second to the VBA, because the VBA has been around much much longer. We set our game times so there are no conflicts. That way the players we share with the VBA can still enjoy both leagues. I think the LGFA someday could be the top league, but for now the FVPAA definitely takes the title. As much as I want to agree with take notes's theory, it's just illogical when it can easily be fixed. Just my 2 cents not trying to offend anyone.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    play where ever your league loyalties lay if that even matters lol, regardless of game times I will choose LG just cause of the wide variety of other games they provide under the leaguegaming umbrella and the work I know Tris can do and bring, especially being a partner now with Microsoft, but I do play multiple sports games I know some of you may be stictly FIFA players which FVPPA may be more appealing, either or is fine...

I understand accomodating for sure but I think we need just more loyal LG players in our league and will put ours first, I just feel being secondary is a slap in the face or like a dog taking orders from an owner. Best advice when I got starting up the league from Scheck and BMC etc. is dont accomodate for any leagues because you want legitimate and loyal players that will stick with your league, if you work around everyone you will always be seen as a secondary league, I know some of you may have issues with Brodie but you cant deny the numbers they now have for LGHL on a seasonly basis he knows what he is doing. Just I feel its a kick in the nuts to these guys who are working their asses off to keep the league going and be consistent, and now we are asking them to change their structure. Just play if you can and appreciate the work they are doing.

I also get since we are currently a smaller league this may not be the best approach and working around other schedules would probably be better for now currently but the above was more suited for when we get some more teams and look more appealing.

Long story short regardless of what either league does in the long run, everyone is always going to choose one over the other in regards to some aspect.

If people leave they leave, clearly they dont care much about this league and we dont need that here at all. Just gotta weather the storm.

Not trying to sound rude, but I think if people dont want to play they dont have to, take the strikes and risk getting Blacklisted try to come back in 2 seasons or pay the cash and help Tris add more money into the site lol.

I believe teams can play right away if you have your players, Ive noticed teams are waiting for 1 or 2 guys anyways and it takes the full 30 min for them to come on anyways... I think the main reason for that is so people can have the chance to A) play in other LG leagues B) depending on how Philly expands the league there will be gametimes at 9:30-10:30 for MLS/Youth Squad/Training Camp w/e you want to call it

14. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I understand both sides of the conversation and think it is clear as to what we have for various choices and options.

Keep in mind that this season is a six week season with only one cup. It has been a better season than the first season and I look forward to having at least two more seasons with this version of FIFA. Things to improve on and I am always looking for additional areas to add to my list with scheduling being on my list.

From my perspective, Sunday - Tuesday games is an appropriate number of games. I also understand what Mackay and J0ffrey are stating, but I like what others respond with about not accommodating. We are our own league with many of our own players (even if our skill level is not as high as other sites throughout the entire league) and I think the majority of our players are happy with the league and structure that we have. I'd much rather have the responsibility of juggling schedules be an individual player responsibility than a league responsibility to accommodate those players.

As DiLo correctly stated, there are plenty of guys available on every team's roster. Does the skill and awareness level drop off? Absolutely. But giving those players more opportunities makes us more inclusive which is something from my perspective is a big check mark in the "Pros" column for why someone should play on this site. I know some folks egos will be hurt when/if their team is not at full strength due to some of their players preferring a regular season AVL game compared to an LGFA playoff game, but again, I feel that responsibility and decision-making should lie with the players and management, not the league.

Overall, good discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. phillyfan765

phillyfan765 LGFA Deputy Commissioner

Ratings:
    +167 / 2 / -2
    So Sunday 9 and 10 Monday 9 and 10 Tuesday 9 and 10 and Wednesday (finals) at 9 (only one game)

No Streaming Account
  16. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    hate the delay between games:( should be 10min max

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Tuesday at 10 is going to be a shit show. For example my lg team has atleast 10 players competing in the acl. If we make the semi finals we are essentially screwed. This season has been much better, The first season was a shit show and the only reason I am playing sk is because u and schek are no longer in charge. We have a good thing going here if you really want to risk teams not showing up viva for the second leg of the semi finals then power to lg. I guess moving 3 games is not important When it will make sure each team fields their starting 11 instead of runnin shit show lineups like every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 while Acl/avl is running.

18. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    Just decide which league you'd rather get dominated in. Shouldn't be too hard.

• Like Like x 1
    Viktomize94
  19. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Lol I can't hear u vik over the glimore of my Fa cup trophy vik. Not to mention ur on game of cones bro and how was the last man utd vs Newcastle game... I wouldn't want to play our real roster either :')

20. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    It was a joke don't take it to heart lad.

• Like Like x 1
    Viktomize94