Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by phillyfan765, Feb 16, 2015.

1. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96

glory glory man united

2. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    league staff here is what we are looking at in terms of teams having lg managers playing in the fvpaa. owners from man city (c4) Tottenham (tex) arsenal Sunderland (redrok Neymar joff forrest) Man U Chelsea qpr (me chap jester taco bbq Rome cpottz foley) are either running teams or are big parts of them. Meanwhile the owners from Newcastle and Liverpool probably wont start on their acl teams so I can see why they would want to play lg at a time other teams are not available. so pretty much the only team that will be Unnefected will be hull but not to count them out early or anything it would be unlikely that they make it that far.

We say that we want to expand as a league but we need to share players to survive and for the competition level to continue to rise. With the influx of acl players in season two the play has become better and they have been teaching the less skilled how to become better. for example I saw a picture on the Vpn of someone saying they learned to play cdm from rewind in sunderlands dressing room before a game. The league would be best off if we had a completely different schedule from fvpaa and had no games at the same time

3. Foley33102

Foley33102 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity why do we not just play Sunday 8,9,10. Then Monday 8,9,10 and finals Tuesday at 9? I agree other leagues shouldn't dictate what LG does with the schedules. I also know we have a similar product offered here as other sites and unless we can guarantee its a better product we have to make adjustments to be successful until we can provide a superior product.

The time between games should be cut down and hopefully will in the future my only complaint is a lot of the people complaining about time between games are the same teams starting 15-20 sometimes 30 minutes late because they are waiting on 1 or 2. You need 8 to play Xbox party system friends list down out of 40 guys on most teams it is ridiculous you can't have 8 guys in a team in time to play. He'll even with party systems up most every night at least one game starts 15 minutes late. So, until we can fix this issue there is no point in switching game times to less time between games. Fact of the matter is it would only result in the good ole shout box going "hey we need 10 more minutes waiting on 1."

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    From my perspective (disclaimer: this is my opinion, not the view of all BOG) we should run games at 9:00 and 9:30 and strictly enforce the 10 minute rule. I hate the "waiting on 1 or 2" guys thing as Foley mentioned. I watch games and teams have 8 or 9 players yet make everyone on their roster and the other teams roster wait for these inconsiderate individuals. If they are too busy packing a bowl, taking a $hit or whatever it is they have to do, they can start that process 10 minutes earlier instead of making everyone wait.

For the years I played in the hockey part of this site and the other, I always signed into my team's match lobby and would fill in wherever I was needed if some guy couldn't connect, didn't show, etc. I think with our rosters the size that they are and will be, players should get into the habit of checking in if they are not scheduled or on the TC.

Running games at these times would then allow for the league to expand into the TC arena by then having the 10 est game(s) be for TC guys and league players who aren't participating in other leagues.

Those are my current thoughts and things I plan on discussing with the BOG during the brief off-season.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  5. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I agree with alot of what you said viva. I think it helps a lot giving the tc guys the late games but do we really need 40 man Tc's? We could have another 4-6 teams if people didn't have any other commitments and were more dedicated to this Site. I like the functionality of this website (call be biased Im used to it from Lghl) a lot better than fvpaa. But like foley said until we have a better product it's not going to work if we are competing for players!

6. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Bah playoff will have same issue as FA Cup... lot of guys missing etc... part of the game.

League = most important trophy in anybody mind.

No offense to Utd...but only reason they advanced in FA CUP was becuz: Me, Henriques, Kevinho, Doob, Reyes had AVL @ 10 that night... they barely touched the ball 1st game and Joker saved 7 goals for them...

No Streaming Account
  7. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    we can all agree that wing zero is ass

No Streaming Account
  8. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    It's been pretty obvious that 80% of this league doesn't respect it and think it is a joke

Rushpac
  9. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    exactly so why the fuck do we let it happen. There should be no same time games and we don't have to hear this guy or any other make excuses about better leagues stealing your starting lineup.and the only one that is worth anything on the list u mentioned joff is kevinho and Reyes (sorry verela)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  10. Foley33102

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Just to play devils advocate for a minute to the other leagues. When you signed these guys did you know they played in other leagues? Yep, most likely you did so if you knew that and took multiple players you knew wouldn't be available on certain nights at a point in the season sounds like bad planning by managment. Again, 18 roster spots we should be able to get 11 but I also agree there are other scheduling options available in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. TheMcKapy

TheMcKapy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    McKapy#4579
    Ratings:
    +98 / 5 / -10
    [​IMG]

Well played, Foley!

12. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Of course we knew and can win without but what is the point of playing without key players when people will make excuses for eternity as to why they should have won

• Like Like x 1
  13. Foley33102

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    The point I was trying to make is the whole loading teams up with people from another league because you know them, or switching a roster to acquire the player. Having them sign up as a certain position then pick them up or even have them refuse to play and then request a trade. Well it looks like it has come back to sort of bite people in the ass a little bit. I'm not saying the schedule shouldn't be adjusted at all the point I'm trying to make is everyone is saying we need more team, we need more teams. Well that's great but the problem is as soon as the league expands your going to have a very top heavy league because of the loop holes in the process people exploit. I could go off on a long rant but I'll save the ammo. There are a lot of opportunities to improve don't get me wrong and I'm not saying the schedule is great or it's wrong to go get the best players but when you know certain people are not available on a certain night and you sign those guys that's a you problem not a league problem. The league problem is identifying what's most successful approach for LGFA and LGFA players.

No Streaming Account
  14. Foley33102

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    The real question is why does 80% of the league have that perspective? Those answers are what needs to be addressed and solved not just on leagues behalf but players as well.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. LFc Tex

LFc Tex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Foley For President! You Got My Vote!

No Streaming Account