Playoffs? Playoffs? You kidding me.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Viva la Surf, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Regular season has finished with a plethora of league activity in the chat box and forums getting us ready for the playoffs!!

That said, here is the link to the playoff picture:

http://leaguegaming.com/forums/foru...gue_page&page=playoffs&leagueid=53&seasonid=2

The first night's matches saw Hull City defeat Manchester City and Tottenham push past QPR.

Teams entered the quarter-finals on Monday night and the results were as follows:

Tottenham continued its good team play and took down the regular season champs.

Newcastle defeated Hull City and appears to be the team to beat.

Manchester United pushed passed Chelsea in what was likely the closest match-up on paper and on the pitch.

Sunderland easily defeated Liverpool and the season was "finally over" as Liverpool management commented to deaf ears in the forum. (Author's note: This member of Liverpool management can now find comfort in the dozen or so vastly educated and highly successful individuals elsewhere and freely use the "N-word" without recourse. Good approach for a 19-year old Caucasian male from Texas.)

Tuesday nights action will be (based on seeding):

(2 seed) Newcastle v (8 seed) Tottenham

(3 seed) Manchester United v (5 seed) Sunderland

Tonight will be the last set of aggregate match-ups with a one game final on Wednesday. Best of luck to the Final Four!!

I can already hear the excuses from a handful of folks for their team's performance when/if those teams fail. You can comment here or in the chat box and get a few "likes" with those excuses, but from my viewpoint and from the voices of a few and then silent majority who just want to play some FIFA, that is none of our concern.

I do look forward to participating in other FIFA opportunities including keeping LGFA moving forward for another season and am extremely thankful that I don't have to worry about people ever questioning my integrity. Don't have to worry about fake accounts skewing polls, who should be a Div 1 and Div 2 team, if teams should be allowed to merge, etc. Would like some better communication and an improved top-down approach here and will work to continue to make that happen.

Good luck to all teams!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
    No Streaming Account
  2. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  3. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Thank you for the update Surf. You're a stand up guy and I appreciate you taking the charge and initiative with this part of the season.
    [MENTION=4514]Ozzyng2[/MENTION] can you sticky this for me? I still haven't gotten the switch flipped on for my Mod access to this forum yet. (If you could do that, I'd be super grateful as well.)

• Like Like x 1
    f5penguin
  4. DeKeyser l65l

DeKeyser l65l We believe we can win

Ratings:
    +117 / 13 / -13
    Robert22324
  5. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    Oh shit sneak diss of fvpaa!!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Shots fired lol. Liked the last bit bout cl lololol

7. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    LGFA QC squad has beat the best FVPAA had to offer

#Nothing 2 Prove # Legends Never Die #

No Streaming Account
  8. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    IMJEFF QC

Thanks for taking charge of this Viva and getting everything set up.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  9. TheNobleArt

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Good luck to every1 in playoff and Congrats to Arsenal [MENTION=11581]Redrok13[/MENTION] for the league title

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    No diss, just stating the facts that are there for everyone to see. Petty and unnecessary but of no surprise from this grown ups perspective. Anyways, happy to see some activity in the forum and chatbox. Get those scores in so we can quickly release tomorrows schedule. Good luck to all tonight and congrats to Arsenal as J0ffrry stated.

I chose to attend the Blackhawks v Rangers game tonight (this is a hockey site, right) so keeping my fingers crossed Hull holds its good form so I can play tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Edit to above: 0-0 first intermission.

No Streaming Account
  12. denverocks

denverocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When LGFA expands (If that ever happens) then wait for your decision making to change. Are you going to keep your same decision making when you have people on both sides of the argument yelling at you? I don't think so. People are going to give in to make the majority of the group happy but in this case there were so many people for and against. FVPAA has the best group of admins I have seen run a functional Facebook group and website. I honestly don't LGFA lasting much longer with it mainly being a hockey league.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good @denverrocks, appreciate your comments. You'll be able to jump right into other leagues now that Man City has been eliminated and best of luck to you in those and next season in LGFA if you choose to return. If you'd like to talk to me anytime about my decision making, I'm always available for comment. I think you'll ask around this league and will find that everyone understood every single decision I made during this current season. Why? Because I gave sound reasoning and cited both written and case law as it relates to LGFA rules, where necessary. In my real-life, I've been a neutral arbitrator and worked on both sides in those matters for earn-out and working capital disputes in the tens of millions of dollars. Making sound rulings so I can enjoy my FIFA hobby at night is not something that causes me too much pain. Of even more importance, when I foresee issues that may arise, I put measures in place to mitigate those issues or concerns. That is best done by communication which needs to be improved.

My biggest concern and an issue that some have including myself, was that some of my rulings were over-turned as the individuals who didn't like the rulings would then seek input from other BOGs. It was actually moaning, whining, whatever you'd like to call it, but instead of other BOGs being stern and pointed, they caved and rescinded my ruling. That is an issue, a big one at that and one that will have to be addressed along with some changes to the written rules / constitution this off-season.

But to answer your question, even though you don't think so, I can tell you that that I will always stick to my decision after one has been made. Always. This includes instances when/if the community would be split on an issue. Speaking from my experience from another site you are clearly commenting on, let me ask you this. . . has there been just one instance of questions of integrity or have there been numerous over the years? Pretty clear what the answer is and I think you know the answer. That said, I believe that most of the folks in current leadership positions mean well and are trying to do a good job and will very likely be successful.

As for this league, having 10 teams play an entire season with little to no turnover of management and full rosters almost every game, gives me confidence that we will continue. Given the size of our TC rosters, expansion is something that is definitely a possibility. Please note I'm talking perhaps two additional teams and a TC league, not something along the lines of adding 10 new teams or an additional league.

The vast majority of folks who are regular participants in this league are very happy and satisfied with the current league structure. This is traditionally a hockey site, there is no denying that, but I think if we break down demographics not by game preference but by age, let's say 16-24 and 25-60 (shout out to Nutty Grandpa), I would wager this community has a greater percentage of folks in the latter of those two and other site(s) have a majority in the former. All that said, there is a great community of folks who have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy their FIFA experience here and perhaps elsewhere when time permits regardless of where they fall in terms of age.

Thanks again for your comments and as I mentioned, feel free to reach out to me anytime.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. Viva la Surf

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Should just also state for the record that @Gordon l 23 l has removed me from participation of his facebook group given my comments in this post. I always welcome different opinions or thoughts and encourage those to be shared. It appears that line of thinking does not apply elsewhere. . .

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Adrian i10

Adrian i10 Guapo

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

First of all, thanks for the public mention. I remember when ACL at FVPAA had 10 teams too and I took all the decisions. That was back in FIFA 11. Back then I took all the decisions and it was very easy to decide who or what to do with just 130 active players on my league. Only managers ever took a look at my decision making, and most of them never said anything about it. And back then I thought it was because I was doing a very good job at explaining myself and my reasons and so on, just like you think that right now. But the sad truth was that the league was nowhere near important for them to actually fight me on any of those issues. And honestly, that's what I think it's happening right now to you.

Now we have a hella of a lot more players/teams, and a lot of them are very vocal in their disagreement with our rulings our the issues that surface onto the league, but at the end of the day, they always say they trust our judgement, and that gives us enough of a push to keep us going. You're what? the 3rd commissioner of this league in just FIFA 15? it seems like every time I log in here, there's a new guy in charge. And i've been doing this for 4 years now.

Don't take this as an attack on you, but I just wanted to set the record straight since this argument was posted on our FB group.

Anyhow, good luck in your league. Every FIFA league is good for the game, as it helps EA's decision to not scrap Pro Clubs.

-FVPAA Admin & Co-Founder

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  16. Gordon23 x

Gordon23 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It was not my idea to remove you, but it was a brilliant idea. Why were you removed? You are an admin in another league that doesn't take part within the group. You are like a spy within the group that then turns and tries to bash or "take shots" at our league. Why? I have no idea. And, are you so sure you are running this league so successfully? The higher ups have come calling... Anyways, just worry about your league and we will worry about ours. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    Bahaha

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Psychsmokebbq
  18. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I just think its funny the playoffs are still on Tuesday and Wednesday....

19. TheNobleArt

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Why you complaining?

People make a choice to play here or there... Different atmosphere, different style, different league

LGFA QC - Newcastle squad beat the best over there... Dilo teached us the way to GREATNESS!

No Streaming Account
  20. denverocks

denverocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    King Joffrey... Just stop. Just because you beat the best team on FVPAA doesn't mean anything really. I've seen a lot of teams in FVPAA beat the best. It doesn't really matter lol

No Streaming Account