PLEASE keep this in mind ALL AHL GM's

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Moranaconda, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    This is a post via the management forums this is expected of everyone please follow this simple rule as we approach the playoffs everyone. This is still happening and we are in week 9 please know proper procedure when you are the home team and MUST host the game. Now this was posted in the NHL forums but we should be following this procedure in the AHL as well we are no different when it comes to hosting games plain and simple.

Per:
    JackOfHearts17

"Hello everyone,

It has recently been brought to my attention that owners and management are following their own guidelines as far as who hosts games.

To clarify for everyone, the home team creates the lobby. The home team hosts the game. There is no backing out of the room and forcing the other team to host. There is no remaining in the middle until the away team takes the captain first. With every home team taking host every game, it ensures every team has the same amount of hosts throughout the season.

If the issue is with captain lag, then it's even more unfair to try and force another team to take that on when they are expected to when they host.

To make sure things are clear, if you refuse to host and are the home team, it will be seen as refusing to play. If your are the away team it is your responsibility to ensure the home team is the host. If you start the game as host on the away side, then it is your own fault for failure to recognize this and you are expected to play out the rest of the game as such (baring any disconnects).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016"

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Moranaconda
  2. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    What am I missing here? Are teams not inviting you to the game?

"If you start the game as host on the away side, then it is your own fault for failure to recognize this and you are expected to play out the rest of the game as such (baring any disconnects)."

No Streaming Account
  3. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    To clarify for everyone, the home team creates the lobby. The home team hosts the game. There is no backing out of the room and forcing the other team to host. There is no remaining in the middle until the away team takes the captain first.

Meaning creating a game inviting everybody then getting an invite from a teammate backing out and rejoining from that invite. You create the room and STAY in the room after you create it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  4. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    And people don't know this after so long

• Like Like x 2
    jlm1410gaming
  5. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    So let me ask you this what the hell are we suppose to do other than start the game? (Honestly I have no idea how so called GM's still don't know how to host games) It was 15 minutes after game time and these geniuses still couldn't figure it out... You get stuck between a rock and a hard place especially this time of year... Do you just refuse to play at that point and say the game needs to be rescheduled or what? I just don't know why this is so hard for people to understand...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  6. Perkosaurus

Perkosaurus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pancakes#6680
    Ratings:
    +293 / 7 / -13
    i've never seen this happen.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    ive seen this, one game when i was on the Condors, their host backed out and our Center was the host and lagged the entire game he couldnt do anything, basically giving the supposed host team the win.

• Like Like x 1
    Syceth
  8. DCKIESON

DCKIESON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    Speaking for the Gulls when I say we haven't encountered this. Whats the difference just play the game lol This sounds like a sore loser problem

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    It happened BEFORE the game and i did not even play in the game. Whatever there is ALWAYS going to be ignorant people that either don't care about the rules don't know about the rules or that are just overall terrible at life and in this case it is a combination of all 3. And for @SlimThuggin21 it is the principle of the matter dude plain and simple. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  10. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    @Moranaconda word of advice, if you want people to listen and take you seriously, you shouldnt condescend to them.

This is a minor issue that happened to maybe 3 or 4 teams I just don't find this thread worthy, sorry.

I'm guessing that I may produce more points than you on average in LG as well (not saying im better) and I NEVER take whos hosting into consideration lol

this is a superstitous YOU problem, and I hope you understand that.

No Streaming Account
  11. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Obviously you have NO IDEA what your talking about dude because #1 I wasn't even in the game #2 it is principal but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. #3 "you produce more points than me" LOL obviously points are the ONLY thing that matters to you which is maybe 1/4 the game man. If you don't have issues then why stick your nose in this thread in the first place? Just stay out of it. Obviously it is an issue if the commish had to post a thread on it himself... I not trying to be a D*** here seriously people just need to follow the rule I really don't see why it is so difficult...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  12. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    @Moranaconda I hope English isn't your first language because you're really butchering it here lol. You're really taking this issue too far and all that needed to be stated was that the home team needs to host always, thats it. I only chimed in because you're on some tirade whilst calling other people out who also don't see the big deal you're making.

PS. Friendly English tip - Principal means School Principal, I think the term you're looking for is principle, so please don't tell me I don't understand something when you, yourself do not understand basic literacy and vocabulary. This is a forum after all, we rely on quality communication to get our points across.

No Streaming Account
  13. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Wow your brilliant @SlimThuggin21 your mommy taught you well. LOL If people followed the rules then this post would have NEVER been created. Just be glad I didn't take the job offered to me. I was typing fast so criticize me all you want dude. Good game last Thursday by the way.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  14. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    @Moranaconda So you're saying if you had a higher position in the League you would use it to abuse your power against me? I'm just glad you cleaned up your horrendous grammar. Im glad you support your elementary ideas with a "mommy" joke. Thanks for taking the time to go through my recent games.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    No I am saying that I would enforce the letter of the law and the constitution man that is it. Period, On EVERYBODY like it should be. This league has been the wild wild west most of the year and I am tired of people bending the rules for their own gain willingly or unwillingly that's it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  16. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    How about you guys get better internet.. I host captain and broadcast no problems.. Don't remember the last time I played a lag/delayed game. Doesn't matter who hosts just play the game.. People complain to much over this VIDEO GAME

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Id4n3_90
  17. Jlm1410

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    Same here

• Like Like x 1
    jlm1410gaming
  18. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    125mbps down 20mbps up it is not the internet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  19. Cargodawg

Cargodawg Solid 80+ LG Game D-Man.

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I'm surprised that the response to a valid question/concern is 'you're just a sore loser' or 'get a better internet connection'? Not sure how that forms a discussion that helps anyone.

Regardless as to whether or not one agrees with the impact of backing out/forcing the host to the away/or whatever else may come out of the varying ways of setting up a game, can the end discussion not simply be that there is,or should be, a set manner in which a game lobby it to be set up by a host/home team. And if there is, then can that practice just simply be followed as any other league rule would be?

I wasn't going to post in these forums as much of the treads just appear to turn into a flame fest, but falling to a sore loser answer simply doesn't seem like a proper way to handle a question. I really have no idea how the EA servers work, or the impact of various actions, but if there is a way the league wants a game set up can that not be followed - the same as we would any other rules (Eg posting lineups, roster sizes, etc).

At least that way, if everyone doing it a standard way, there is no debate on the subject or controversy over what may or may not be affecting a players/teams connectivity during a game.

Anyhow, bash away.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Jlm1410

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    Well your own Internet connection to psn really doesn't mean too much, it's a combination of everyone's connection that's playing along with the location of them and the strength of their signal to the ea servers, so it's not an individual thing that causes lagging issues

jlm1410gaming