PLEASE keep this in mind ALL AHL GM's

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Moranaconda, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    go to this link and stop being lazy if lagging/delay is such a big deal to you guys its not that hard to fix if you have a little bit of smarts

Id4n3_90
  2. Cargodawg

Cargodawg Solid 80+ LG Game D-Man.

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I personally don't have any real lag issues that I need to resolve, but will definitely suggest that your link to anyone the asks me.

However, does it not make sense that the first way to address the issue that some have raised is to simply follow the prescribed way to set up a lobby? If you want to get rid of the entire argument simply have everyone follow the same format. Then there becomes nothing to discuss aside from individual user's connections - which are on their shoulders.

Why the aversion to following a rule/standardized setup. The rule book is about 50 pages thick, and covers most all issues. So why ignore a hosting rule as seems to be the direction of most respondents here.

And more importantly, really not sure why this is left to the players to banter/debate over and why no one from the league itself chimes in with how they want it done (free for all, or set method). Why are all of us going back and forth over it without someone from the league, that actually has the authority to resolve, not contributing here?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    There are 10 and 12 year old gms around here and 30 year old gms who act like 10 and 12 year olds. Maybe in a perfect world there will never be any issue but we are far from that.

• Like Like x 1
    Id4n3_90
  4. Cargodawg

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I hear ya. The only reason I chimed in here at all was to contribute to this thread that if there is a debate/concern over how a room is to be set up and what may cause lag issues, is the easiest resolve not to simply eliminate the variable that some may voice causes it? And calling people 'sore losers' over a concern isn't a proper way of addressing things IMO.

Can we not agree that either a) there should be a standardized format of setting up a home session or b) there should be variable ways of doing it. The fact that some people may have crappy connections etc is an entirely different discussion, and not one any of us can address (aside from the video you shared).

If we agree that we should be doing (a), then the league should set out what that is and have teams adhere to it. It seems that there is some confusion over the current process as what they state in the rule book has been elaborated on in the GM forum by the league, yet not put into the rule book itself. At least that's my understanding from what I've picked up in this thread. And which is why the LEAGUE should be contributing to this and saving all of us to do our battles on the ice.

No Streaming Account
  5. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Dude I work with networks and port forwarding and static IP addresses and routers and modems and such for a living I know all of that stuff and can do it with my eyes closed. It just isn't the point. So many people are just so quick to bash or say "your doing something wrong". Please keep in mind that this thread would NEVER be made or even discussed if people followed the rules simple as that. And if I sound like I am repeating myself, it's BECAUSE I AM!!!!!!!! To those this does not apply to and whom have been doing things the proper way I thank you for actually paying attention to the rules and adjusting long ago like most have. To those that are oblivious I guess there is no help for you...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  6. DCKIESON

DCKIESON Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    I'm honestly suprised how quick you are to assume the victim card, especially when no one has addressed you as of yet.

As of now there ALREADY IS a standard procedure and that is home team hosts the game, does not matter which player. There is NO solution to this thread as there is no actual problem.

This is clearly a case by case basis rooted from the cause of people, not actually the game itself in which Moranaconda had to deal with personally.

If this situation happens to anyone just follow procedure, no need to personify us because we don't agree with the OP.

Bottom line is we all have to deal with whatever connection, it's a leaguewide ordeal, the only reason I appear snippy with Moranaconda is because he continues to act superior to people here in the forum as well as in the shoutbox and unfortunately for him, I do not respect that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Cargodawg

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Victim card? The fact that I play for the Bears is irrelevant to the response that many here posted a 'sore loser' (your words) or 'fix your connection' in answer to Moranaconda's post. Has nothing to do with a victim card, but rather the lack of courtesy many show to another league member when they post a concern.

You appear to have some misguided anger toward me for simply stating that name calling isn't a productive response.

No Streaming Account
  8. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    I assure you I have no anger albeit lots of frustration with the both of you making a simple matter seem like a VERY complex one.

I'm sorry you didn't connect the dots with my victim card statement but when you say "bash away" you act as if what you say doesn't matter and we intend to advertently insult you, which is not the case.

In actuality if you feel like your opinion will be received with only insults, why bother posting then??

No Streaming Account
  9. Cargodawg

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the response.

Have a wonderful remainder to the season.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    @SlimThuggin21 Acting superior huh. Man you just don't get it.. Yes there is a procedure and I am trying to let those who DO NOT follow it know what the proper procedure is and that's it.. But you continually try to sound smart in your responses yet just come off as a smart ass. And you obviously can't just leave it alone. If you know what the proper procedure is then just stop responding to this thread PLEASE. All this was suppose to be was informative. You my friend have made it into something else...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  11. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    It is weird that this is the first time I've ever heard about this issue and it comes in the final week of the regular season

• Like Like x 1
    jlm1410gaming
  12. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Been there all year man nothing new.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  13. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    Guess utica has never had any issues with anyone about it

jlm1410gaming
  14. DCKIESON

Discord:
    Dickie#2186
    Ratings:
    +284 / 13 / -39
    I'm just trying to display to everyone what a useless thread looks like and hopefully you don't create another over something silly like this again. If the way I word my posts is too much for you, I will not apologize for your poor English skills.

Let the people in charge deal with any negligent teams failing to follow procedure, besides you being involved in this SINGLE particular instant, you honestly have no impact beyond that, apart from creating a redundant thread for people to read through garbage.

If a team or player does not know proper host procedure, they shouldn't be playing simple as that, I believe all players are expected to skim the rulebook upon signing up.

No Streaming Account
  15. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    They are expected to KNOW the constitution period. Please take your insults elsewhere and I am trying to be as nice as I can man. Bye

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  16. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    So Slim wants to claim that Moranaconda is condescending. I guess that English lesson he was attempting to give wasn't at all passive-aggressive and condescending. Your really should follow your own rules...oh right, you don't care about the rules.

We have a bunch of good guys in this league and we all play drop in games with each other outside of LG. That being said, we do have some folks who have no respect at all for the guys who put this site and this league together for the PS4 users. They have even less respect for the rules that have been established so that fair competition can occur. You read the rules and you follow them. It really can't be any simpler and still, this late into the season, people not only don't follow them, but want to vilify those who want to play the right way.

There is a lot of growing up that needs to be done by some players in the league. There is no excuse for not knowing and following the proper procedure.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    tsibs88
  17. MisterBionic

MisterBionic MisterBionic

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -4
    If this was an actual, widespread problem we'd have more than one GM and his teammates complaining about it, no? Where are all the other GMs chiming in on this horrendous issue?!

I think at this point one might have to consider the possibility that people are doing this to the Bears on purpose, in order to get this continuing reaction...

mr3ionic
  18. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    That is fine if they are doing it on purpose then we will start getting free wins for people refusing to play games. Pretty simple

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  19. XSBUCKS

XSBUCKS Calgary Flames Owner

Ratings:
    +110 / 3 / -25
    We had this a lot actually this season in the NHL. During the beginning of the season, this was a major problem. The best practice we found (as Home Team) was to get our entire team in the lobby and seated in our positions. Once we were all seated we would then proceed to send invite to the MOC. The "Away" team would then seat and game would proceed. There were no longer any arguments about host. The biggest problem with this is that 90% of the AHL do not provide their MOC as per the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    xsbucks
  20. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    See that is EXACTLY how we do it as host BUCKS it's pretty simple right? And if there is no MOC listed we invite 1 to 2 players confirmed in the lineup. That is ALL we ask instead of all the game playing and name calling and just downright nastiness that has ensued. Just do it the right way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda