Poll: Which NHL 360 Title for LGHL Season 193

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Which Game Should we use for Season 19-21

Poll closed Sep 5, 2014.
  1. Either Title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NHL 14 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NHL 15 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakesssss

bakesssss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -1
    The one thing we need to do before making any choices is finding out how nhl 15 plays. If the games clearly better we should change. However, if it's not we shouldn't.

we should make an educated decision. right now we're going in blind and pissed off at ea. so most will probably vote to stay. I still voted to stay on 14 but we all might change our minds in a couple weeks depending on how good 15 is.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    I will not be buying a 360 game again and was going to retire anyways but since [MENTION=4321]Lazy Pedestrian[/MENTION] has a cup, I can't afford to take a season off so stick with 14.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Hamburglar Time

Hamburglar Time Lewis Stools

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -1
    The servers stay up for two years from initial release. -EA's NHL forum in a Q/A with Rammer

(EDIT) IF they so chose

HamburglarTime
  4. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    enjoy the SAME game, yes same game as nhl 14 with roster updates and no bouncy puck. The diffferent with advancing from 09-14 was the game was a little different, not much but different enough for us to want to advance, now there is the same game with 2 things different on it, why advance?

• Like Like x 3
    Its_cakes
  5. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    It's far more likely that 15 on the 360 will be exactly like 14 than exactly like the next-gen version.

There are legitimate reasons to want to play on 15. It being a new or better gameplay experience probably isn't one of them.

• Like Like x 8
    bearditv
  6. Nexy6-

Nexy6- Nexy

Discord:
    Nexy#0006
    Ratings:
    +86 / 14 / -11
    I agree

• Like Like x 2
    Nexy6_
  7. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    Quick thoughts:

- I voted NHL 14
    - I think people won't move from the status quo, so the league should continue on to NHL 15. Every year we buy a new game and, like the masochists that we are, eventually people will buy 15. It just takes a few guys having fun to move them over. Then is snowballs to the whole league and you wasted everyone's time.
    - Continuing off that point, I think people who are saying they won't buy this year's game are full of it. Some of these people who have never spent more than a month not playing club and who have a friends list that is pretty much NHL people will migrate away from FIFA and next gen and make their way back to where they are comfortable and where their friends are. I know from experience. I didn't buy NHL 14 until February and, even though I hated the game, still played it.

I voted 14 for the following reasons:

• I have the game, so playing it is free. It's not like I can't afford 15. I just don't want to buy it.
    • I have a legend 3 with almost all my boosts. This is a real time saver. I didn't get my third leg until June.
    • You can start the next season right away. If you want to play leagues an extra few weeks early, then 14 can skip that mandatory month long hiatus as everyone cards up and learns how to play.
    • I see people citing the amount of server space committed to 14 as a problem. I disagree, and would even venture an opposite theory. Since game population will be lower, server load will be lower, and I would hypothesize that the games would lag less or, most likely, they will scale their servers to the population load and will be around the same as before.
    • It's easy for people who don't plan on playing a lot of NHL 15 this year. The people who are saying that they will be playing FIFA instead or who are going next gen and not getting 2 copies or just skipping 15 to play other games, will have a convenient NHL game that they can play a few nights a week. You already know how to play this version of the game and you've worked all year to learn the intricacies. Now you can enjoy playing some league games fairly easily. Just hop on at 9:59 and play a game that you already know how to play and already have in your game collection, and then move back to what you were doing.
    • The minor benefit of giving EA a financial incentive to prioritize EASHL. It won't be much, but EA has been hemorrhaging fans for years. If they lose their hardcore base, they will run into issues. Rammer isn't unaware of our anger and isn't blind to the droves of people threatening to not buy the game. If we say: This is an outrage! here is my $60. Then Rammer has no incentive to bother with us and can refocus on the casuals. With sales at their lowest in years and community backlash at it's peak, the hardcore fan base has never had this much power to shape the game before. A statement can be made by just following through on our promises to leave. (Granted, this can all be undone by good NHL 15 on XB1 sales. If that happens, goodnight)

• I wouldn't worry that the series would go under. Usually licencing agreements between developers and pro leagues requires that a game get released every year. EA NHL is important to the NHL and would likely make sure that a game gets produced, one way or another.
    • If anyone is expecting the XB1 6v6 to be anything usable for leagues, prepare for a letdown. They will most likely introduce 6v6 NHL players, random drop ins, then move onto making next year's game so they don't run out of time (again). At minimum, they skip making it for 15 all together. At maximum, they make 6v6 NHL player lobbies. Don't kid yourself into thinking a 6v6 created player league is possible.
    • NHL 15 for 360 probably had the least amount of dev time put into it of any EA game in the least 5 years. Just let that sink in when you think about how bad some of these games are. If it's not a carbon copy of 14, then it will likely have a lot of broken parts that will go unfixed and ignored at the devs look forward and not back. Obviously you should wait to see for yourself in the early release.
    • I propose a test for NHL 15. If you dump it in the zone and the puck acts like a ping pong ball, then they didn't touch the game and neither should you.

So yeah, not that quick of thoughts, but I thought I'd lay my inner workings out there to be mulled over by the masses.

• Like Like x 10
    Ayohhhh
  8. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    How do you know its the "SAME" game? NHL10/11=same game NHL13/14=same game. Nobody has even played the game or seen gameplay for the 360 version and you all want to stay on 14 just to "stick it to EA". If there was no NHL15 on the next gen console, this whole thread wouldn't exist and we'd be moving on to the new version like EVERY OTHER YEAR. Everybody needs to dry their tears and put on their big boy pants.

• Like Like x 8
    Williamsx12x
  9. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    lols I'm retiring too.

Will you be the LB to my RB?

• Like Like x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  10. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I'm not buying it but I voted for 15. If the site decides to go with 14 you're guaranteeing yourself that you're going to lose members over the course of the year. The only people holding on to NHL 14 will be those guys who already know about leagues. There is no shortage of reasons why people would stop playing NHL 14. The servers will likely be bad and deteriorate over the year, people will just get sick of the gameplay, and you also have the possibility that people are going to have broken controllers/360's and not want to sink money in them if they have or are saving for a current gen console.

15 at least brings the potential of continuing to attract EASHL/OTP players who aren't familiar with leagues. It stinks to have to ask people to pay the $60 for a watered down product, but ultimately I just don't think the commitment is going to be there from the NHL 14 side of the coin not to get you at least into the spring.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Oo TheMvp oO

Oo TheMvp oO Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oothemvpoo#0
    Ratings:
    +513 / 38 / -28
    Why Dont we wait to vote until people actually play 15 on the 360? playing 14 for another year is gonna be brutal why not at least see if the game feels a bit different. Your voting when people are still angry at Ea for no eashl and boycotting. I agree with Stew you will lose numbers and people will get very bored.

• Like Like x 1
    llTheMVPll
  12. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    You might be right that on 15 there is still potential for growth but based on this poll you could lose 50% of the league by simply choosing to play on 15. That potential for new players becomes a need for new players.

• Like Like x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  13. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    You are seriously deluded if you think they spent any more than the bare minimum of time on 15 for 360/PS3.

You are also seriously deluded if you think EA, EA Sports, or the EA NHL team would even notice, let alone care, if every single LGHL player from this past season abstained from buying 15.

• Like Like x 3
    bearditv
  14. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    I voted for Nhl 15, if you do not have the funds to be purchasing a game for 60 dollars, then you should be taking the LG playing time to get a better job. That being said if NHL 15 is not just a copy/paste of 14 which is all just speculation NHL 15 is a no brainer.. We would not be having this discussion if there was no NEW gen console in the mix it would be here comes NHL 15 lets hope its better then 14 yada yada yada.. Lets end the charades, see if NHL 15 is an upgrade then go from there.

• Like Like x 1
    dadoffive81
  15. Ahernn

Ahernn Captain of LG Meme Team

Ratings:
    +1,569 / 2 / -9
    if this league stays on 14 it will become irrelevant, nobody wants to play this game for another 3 seasons. people will be butthurt that they have to go buy nhl 15 for the 360 but people are going to bitch and moan either way. the league needs to progress and staying on this shitty game is not progression. not to mention a lot of the best players in this league said they wouldn't play another year on 14, which would water down the league even more

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  16. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I don't disagree with that but how much of that 50% talking about sticking with 14 are going to keep playing it throughout the year?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. WoollyDanimal12

WoollyDanimal12 Super Dragon

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Well said.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Obviously there's no answer to that but there is an answer to how many people will be bypassing 15 altogether.

LazyPedestrian
  19. ST Aabra

ST Aabra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -12
    I voted for either title but since we can't play NHL 15 on the XB1 then I won't be participating in the league. If any events are organized though for NHL 15 on the XB1 I'll probably sign up. As a side note though - I don't think this poll should be occurring until it has been 100% confirmed that NHL 15 on the Xbox 360 is exactly the same game as NHL 14. People are speculating on that and I think the decision should really come after it's been released.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  20. Valsu420

Valsu420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    If we stay on 14 i wont be playing bc im trading it in for 15 lol. Its to boring an glitchy to be played again. 15 is NEW why play on the old game. not to mention you will get some money back on the trade in for the new game. so go cut like 5 yards and stop being lazy an just buy the new fucking game XD

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.