POSSIBLE CHL ?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by King-Shadow, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Possible time for CHL ?

1. yes

90 vote(s)
    89.1%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. hypey-

hypey- Irrelevant Member

Discord:
    hypey.#0
    Ratings:
    +35 / 4 / -6
    I'm sure we could find 8-10 competent GM's. Not every NHL organization needs a CHL affiliate. Hold a draft where ALL current TC players are available. RA the leftover players and hold a shortened season; see how it goes. If it doesnt go well we're back where we started with 20 TC players on AHL squads, its worth a shot right?

• Like Like x 2
    hypeydash
  2. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    The CHL has no affiliation to any team. After playing a mandatory games played you will become eligible to be picked up by an AHL team. You would also be available for ecu'ing. The CHL is the league with the TC. AHL only has it because there is no CHL this one and probably only season. As for reasons previously stated by the Owner of the site.

Its worth a shot comment: Its alot of work to get a league started. Takes from what I have seen in this and other online leagues it takes about a month or more. By then its past the mid season mark in both other leagues.. So you would have to have a shortened season. Meaning a whole lot of work for a four week season and playoffs.

I dont think there is anything preventing you from taking the initiative in starting a round robin or single elimination tournament with fellow TC roster player.

I know as a manager I tried to get scrimmages among TC player with other teams TC players. Problem is no one signed up. I am not saying this is the case for you or others. But alot of people are asking for stuff and not holding up their end of the bargain.

My suggestion is keep plugging along. Be available at game times and in constant contact with your GMs. Get in the chatbox and mingle with the community. As much as these online leagues are about skill. They are mainly about the social aspect of it all. Like in life its who you know not what you know. If I see a name on the waiver wire I have never seen compared to someone I have. Well I am more likely to take the guy I heard of because at the very least he is active.

I wish everyone could have a great experience with this league, but unfortunately its not the case. Many people feel they are better then others and should get more "playing time". Many players in these league have no idea how this league operates or even chose to read the rules.

I hope you dont choose to read this in a negative way. It was only a response of support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  3. bobbyhill07

bobbyhill07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was signed up for NHL draft and I'm sitting in training camp waiting to play. I would like a CHL just so I can play some 6v6 games.

No Streaming Account
  4. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Did you attend any scouting camps? I have seen a few forfeits from teams and it blows my mind that you cannot find a player on a TC roster to fill a position. When there is no position lock it should be alot more easy, but its not. My team had a forfeit last week due to an emergency. When we needed a TC roster player to fill in not 1 of the 15 were around.

So I hear what your saying from your point of view. You want to play and are not getting a fair chance to play. But nothing is stopping you from joining pick up games or having a TC tournament. Starting a late night drop in kinda style of games.

This site is a wonderful tool, as long as you utilize it properly. Its a great way to find clubs or people to play with at all hours of the day.

Your missing out on 3 games a week, but if you were to play 3 games a week with site members I can say you will have a better chance of getting on a full time roster next season.

I can only speak from my own experience. My gamer tag is known my the ps community and NHL (not all good). SO when it came to the draft I didnt even make any camps. But was bid on in the AHL bidding process becuase of my name. if no one knows you they wont take a chance. Get known for the right reasons and all will fall into place.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  5. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

This guy is acutally a good goalie came to my NHL scouting

• Like Like x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  6. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    Some people left on XBOX when they found out they were in the CHL. That may be a little problem for us in the future.

New_Yorks_Elitist
  7. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Yup no one is willing to put in the work. Living in a world of self entitlement.

FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  8. Kylekabam

Kylekabam Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    60% of the NHL games are FF.
    AHL Is banging.
    we need to get NHL more stream lined

It'll change once the first season is over cause there is no call ups in the first season.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

No call ups ? I've called up about 4 guys full time to the Ducks

TrooperPetterson
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    You failed math, right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kylekabam

Kylekabam Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2

thought theres no AHL to NHL permanent roster call ups ?
    My info may be wrong.
    I know you can ECU

wasn't being literal, Just the first weeks haven't been too nice for forfeits, Whats the total forfeits in the league so far? i bet atleast 35 games have been forfeited.
    and that's still probably really low.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Rab-_-htid

Rab-_-htid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    Thanks Polska that one game I had still the best game to date

No Streaming Account
  13. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    It depends on your contract status. Everyone should really read the rules several times over. Then a couple more times.

FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  14. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I can tell you we are consider it. We do require more staff to support and some management as well. But I can ensure you all we are looking at options to give more players more of an opportunity to play here

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. LazerHawk33

LazerHawk33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm TC member currently and I would like to be a Gm I can commute everyday @Tris10

No Streaming Account
  16. LazerHawk33

LazerHawk33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Commite

No Streaming Account
  17. double7brad_

double7brad_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 37 / -55
    I'm down to be a GM/Owner

No Streaming Account
  18. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +93 / 37 / -211
    Having been an owner in a different (horrible) league, my opinion is this - think next season, don't rush it and leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. When you publicize the draft for the NHL and AHL discuss the CHL but have those teams assigned like TC's are now. No drafting in the CHL. No affiliation with any NHL or AHL clubs. This does a few things. The teams get a wide and varied talent pool so when 1 player gets called up (it will happen) the entire team doesn't fall apart. It should also make the teams more competitive right from the start. It will truly show which players can work with other players well enough to play on a team and succeed. If Wayne Gretzky was a total prick, none of us would know who he was. I can go on but you probably get my point. That is my two cents.

Ndrdog
  19. VileBooey

VileBooey Let Odin Guide You

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -3
    Season 1 had a rough start in the AHL from what I've seen and heard. AHL teams were not being run properly or according to the constitution for a few weeks. GMs were quitting, rosters were illegal, and players were not playing the proper amount of games etc. Things have definitely gone smoother after @Hadji stepped in to his new role but there are still kinks that need to be worked out. EA player names are still incorrect for some players, Lines aren't always updated properly for stat purposes, and questions are still being asked that every AHL GM should know the answer to at this point. All those may seem minor but add those on top of another set of new GMs and a new league and it piles up.

Adding another League doesn't just happen with the click of a button and season 2 may still be too early for a CHL.

It will also be interesting to see, next week, what effect the start of the Xbox league will have on player commitment in the PS league.

Vilebooey
  20. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +93 / 37 / -211
    What if we gaged interest in GM's and had them shadow the GM on their team their on now. Maybe help catch some of the stuff slipping through the cracks now and learn at the same time.

Ndrdog