President of the USA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Shush, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you regarding The Patriot Act. I think because I am an attorney I never worry about any law that is passed. If the Patriot Act is unconstitutional I can develop several 4th amendment arguments to support my conclusion. However, until it actually affects me or any my clients, I am not going to fight that battle.

The Constitution protects us all. No matter what the current Kooks in office attempt to change.

God Bless Amercia!

No Streaming Account
  2. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only thing i'm worried about in that respect is that, in relation to Homeland Defense, they may be exempt somehow... not sure.

No Streaming Account
  3. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I picked Kerry, but will be voting for Nadar. And no it is in no way wasting a vote. Knowing he is not going to win, my vote will still represent my will for the withdrawl from Iraq, the start of the FCC actually regulating our media instead of just censoring it, and the removal of soft money in politics.

I know he won't win, but my vote is to represent the fact that we need a third viable party in our system of government...one that runs this country for the people and not for corporations.

I've read the whole thread and I couldn't agree more with a lot of the points that woob and tris have brought up. Some of the policies that have come out of this administration have been scary...and this war to make Iraq our new Texas has just been a huge mess.

I don't hate Bush...stood behind him after 9/11...and do feel that he is a good leader. His policy has just been negatively influenced by the neo-conservative morons he listens to. Cheney is the majority of the reason why I fear this administration being re-elected...and I go to bed every night hoping Mr. Bush is fine and healthy...if Cheney were to be president I'd be asking one of my Canadien brothers for a place to live!

No Streaming Account
  4. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man you can really see who here believes everything the media says and reports. Instead of searching for the truth or at least looking at both sides and then making an educated decision for yourself.

Here is a Newflash for you guys: The media is mostly made up of liberal art students from liberal colleges with liberal professors. So which side of the fence do you think most mainstream media outlets support and report in support of? (not gonna tell ya look it up)

Bad thing is most of these comments I am hearing (if not verbatim) are definately coming from the influence of our newspapers and our major TV news outlets. Its a shame that alot of americans seem to trust everything reported to be even, non-biased and fair information.

Fact is many of you know nothing about the war in IRAQ. You only speak of what you have read and hear on our news. You don't get the true strory at all. I have heard numerous news stories on CNN reported one way and then in a classified breifing at work heard the exact opposite. Which source to choose? All I know is that it isn't always reported accurately on the national news ( I have seen it first hand) and but I do know many times it is skewed to do damage to the Republic Party and their policies. Rarely do you see stories on the nightly news of soldiers giving up there MRE's (meals Ready to Eat) to childeren in the streets and the overall gratitude of the majority of the IRAQI people. Happens every day. Don't see it on the news though.

I just hope some of you would open your eyes past what is convienent to read and watch and make an EDUCATED decision before you vote. Otherwise stay home that day please. Uneducated voters is not what we need in this Country, and if you keep believing everything you read from one side of the fence you are not educated. You are merly a pawn.

OH and I just have to repsond to this comment was stated before by grandmasterB

No he just ignored homeland defense, refused to act on intelligence, had no repercussions for the bombing of the US Cole and basically got lucky (americans as well) by not being in office during the attack. Keep watching the news you are getting smarter by the minute.

No Streaming Account
  5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I voted for Kerry. Screw Bush, he is a lousy President. The war with Iraq is a joke.....like what GM said, he just wants to finish what his father couldn't. Bye bye Bush!

Gajeske85
  6. Pinstripe Moose

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kobra I respect what you have to say...and in no way does someone, like myself, who disagrees with us being there thinks the troops are bad guys or are doing bad things. I respect the fact that people like you defend our country. And I know we are doing good things over there, but my concern is war in the first place. My concern is for the kids who signed up for 1 weekend a month and are coming back in body bags.

As for only getting the libral media's message...well that's just not right. I visit three major news sites every day. Yes some of what I get is from liberal sources, but some is not. Take Fox News for example...this is not liberal media. But liberal media is not why we only hear about bad things over there...it's the only thing that interests it's viewers. We sit and watch planes bomb towns, but will change the channel if they do an interest story on how some soldier gave his flashlight to a kid. News is about ratings and you get ratings from death not love. Why is it that every paper will lead with a story of corruption or death? Conservative or liberal...this is what sells

I'm a little offended by the uneducated vote thing. Just because someone does not share your view on war does not mean they cannot make an educated decision when it comes to voting. I look at both sides of the picture...I have my issues with both candidates...I will make more of an educated guess than 95% of the voters out there. But because you feel that I'm against the war...I'm only listening to liberal media. You haven't taken into consideration that my opinion was formulated when this entire country backed the war...I was in the minority then.

Do you know what the worst part about me is...I'm Republican!

No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    One of the best posts i've seen on this site moose!

8. King Kobra

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My comment was not related to which side of the war you are on, and maybe I didn't convey my point very well. It was mean for those that DO only get there information from one source and begin to believe only what they see and read from main-strem media. Or even slam campaign adds during election time.

What you described above Pinstripe is exactly what i am talking about. You are the educated voter. You actually understand the importance of who we place in office and actually do your homework to make sure you have educated yourself so that you make a sound decision.

I wasn't really referring to your comments above in the thread but mainly those that really stick out with no substance such as the "we didn't get attacked when Clinton was in office" among others.

As far as those that sign up for 1 weekend a month and return in body bags. I disagree with that 100% and the reason why is that the oath we take says nothing about 1 weekend a month. (I assume you are talking about Guard and Reserve) It says "We will protect our Country against our enemies whether foreign or domestic if called upon by the President of the United States" They have a chance to walk out right then. My point is that it is known up front that you should be doing this to serve your country and if you are doing it for any other reason such as extra money for school or benifits then you are greatly mistaken misguided in your decision. There is no draft. We are a voluntary service. We know what we signed up for and should accept the responsibility.

But I apologize if I came off the wrong way and mislead my intent on the uneducated comment above in my previous post .

No Streaming Account
  9. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im not voting for the Presidential election..... coz im canadian :wink:

my question is, why did US end the rule of Saddam and now trying to eradicate the threat of Al Queda? isnt it for the preservation of FREEDOM that most of us enjoy????

before the treat was communism, but after the fall of its ideology in eastern europe the number 1 treat for the freedom we enjoy is Terrorism. which Iraq and Afghanistan (or should i say the Al queda) bringing throught the world, with their $$$$ (from the oil of Iraq) and its chemical threat and the training of these "jihad".

i remember the greatest folly in human history is that when the whole europe was under the treat of world war 2 and prime minister of G.Britian, Chamberlain at that time proposed a non-aggression pact with Hitler. The result: death of more than 6 million Jews and millions of people lost their lives just to get back the freedom they lost.

If the US and its Allies did not stop Hussein and now trying to put a strong ground agaisnt Al Queda, the freedom that we enjoy might be taken away from us.

To gain freedom, there must be a sacrifice. In war, there will be casualties. Peace has its price.

I believe that the war against terrorism is of GREAT importance. And that is to preserve our freedom and the life we come to know. I recognized and greatly thankful for the sacrifice of the soldiers who are risking their lives for me and the future of my family.

I admire the courage of the US, Britain, Japan (inspite of the fact that they recieved a threat, to have their people who were caught in Iraq by the terrorist, to be killed if they will continue to support the war effort of US and Britain) and other countries who are trying to put sanity and preserve the freedom now we enjoy.

(and may i add, the freedom to play xbox live :laugh: have u encountred gamers from Iraq, Afghanistan and to other countries who are being ruled by Dictators and Religious Fanatics?)

No Streaming Account
  10. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh may i add, after the capture of Saddam, isnt it that the President (dictator for life?) Khaddafi acted and let the UN have the inspection to his country Libya???? which i think another possible country that harbors terrorist acts.

No Streaming Account
  11. King Kobra

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now that one for sure is "One of the best posts i've seen on this site"

Good gob canucks33 You understand!

No Streaming Account
  12. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll just mention a few attacks that occurred during Clinton's administration:

1. 1993, The World Trade Center Bombing, 6 Americans killed and approximately 1,000 injured. Clinton's response... nothing.

2. 1996, Khobar Towers Bombing, Saudi Arabia, 19 Americans killed. Clinton's response... nothing.

3. 1998, US Embassy Bombings in Tanzania and Nairobi, 263 persons killed including 12 Americans. Clinton responded by ordering cruise missile attacks on what turned out to be an empty terrorist camp and a Sudanese pharmacuetical factory. The only such response to any of the attacks on US citizens and/or troops. The missile strikes were ordered a few days before Clinton was to testify before a grand jury regarding Monica Lewinsky and his testimony. Coincidence? I doubt it.

4. 2000, The USS Cole Attack, 17 Americans killed, 39 wounded. Clinton's response... nothing.

These incidents certainly prove that the US was attacked while Clinton was in office and also proves what a pussy Clinton was. Of course I COULD have a biased opinion having been in the Army for all of Clinton's illustrious administration and saw the effects of his policies first hand.

No Streaming Account
  13. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thing I found interesting is that GrandmasterB said that GB is a liar, yet you went on in your post and it sounds like to me, that you supported Clinton, who I believe lied under oath? Just seems a bit hypocritical there?!?!

I totally agree with Canuckss and King Kobra. The war was for a reason, the reason was freedom for others who did not have the luxury. To all these people who oppose the war, would you rather Suddam still be in power? They found a time and they found a way to go into Iraq in which the majority of the US would back so that they could get that monster out of power, a monster who we once helped. We recognized our mistake and corrected it.

Bush has been a good president, and he is only one person in a system set up to not rely upon one person, so when things go bad, you cannot blame it all on one person. He has a great cabinet behind him and that makes me feel safe. Also, knowing that we have two other branches of government that can check things that they don't deem to be necessary or right. How many times have you seen the Patriot Act used on common people, and how many times have you seen it actually used? Not many, it is just in place in times like 9/11 when we may need a quick response. On the whole gay banning thing, I don't see that being a problem that is his belief that gay marriage is not right, he is entitled to his opinion. Secondly, why aren't there more cities allowing gay marriages if it is ok?

I am sick of hearing how great a president Clinton was. He simply got into power at the right time. He was a good speaker, I will give you that, but if you know economics or have taken a class on it, you will know that it fluctuates. You cannot have a steady great economy. The economy will get better it just takes time, it has nothing to do with what Bush is doing.

Those are just my thoughts, this is America and we have soldiers fighting to ensure that we are able to do this and also so that others have the opportunity to do this.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

No Streaming Account
  14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Agreed 100%, But Iraq was not a treat to america and thats what most people don't realize. Although after about 2 years now of the bush administration telling you they are.

After 50+ years of power, Saddam never sponcered any attacks on america nor would he be dumb enough to.

Has anyone actually asked why are we in iraq?? Honestly anyone! But you can't answer with these 3 answers:

-WMD (ahem North Korea)
    -Terrorism (No link to Al Queda, in fact there's a much higher link to Al Quada in Iran)
    -To remove an evil dictator (what about half of Africa, or China, or North Korea)

I don't know the answer but i'm "educated" to know it's not one of these 3

15. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tris, he maybe wasn't yet directly involved in an attack on the US, but wouldn't you say the best way to prevent a car crash is to drive safe and not drink? The best method of keeping peace or making peace is prevention.

No Streaming Account
  16. Pinstripe Moose

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clarifying...I did assume you were talking to me (becasue it was the post after mine) which was pretty stupid of me.

My reserve comment may be off, but the reason I made it is because since the major military budget cuts in this country, we are using more and more reserves in this situation. The reserves are the only opportunity for some kids in this country whom cannot afford college. The role of the reserves for years were to maybe break up a riot...but now they are faced with patrolling a foriegn land were they can be attacked at any moment. I'm not sure how many really understood the complexity of the situation until they were shipped.

But you are right...they make the oath and take the resposibility so my comment is off...they should understand what they have signed up for and do their duty...which I respect 100%.

No Streaming Account
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Agreed, it's definitly a safer region with Saddam out, but why stop there? 15 out of the 19 terrorist are from Saudi Araba including Bin Ladin, Yet Bombs are dropping in Iraq? :!:

18. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For once I have to agree with Tris10. The Saudis are the ones to watch and have been for more than a decade at least.

No Streaming Account
  19. Pinstripe Moose

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you know what the scariest part is...a poll was done recently and over half in that country supported Bin Laden ideologies.

No Streaming Account
  20. Golden Gophers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We dont have enuf support to go after the other people yet, Presidents rely on polls to make their decisions believe it or not, they do want to get re-elected, when the Iraqi war started he had the support of the people. The only thing keeping us, I believe, is support.

No Streaming Account