President of the USA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Shush, Jun 9, 2004.

1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cant believe you didnt add Hilary clinton for the 3rd vote..

Im serious... I would voter for her quick...

Here's my small view....

Kerry would be a pretty like-able guy if he would keep his mouth shut...

Bush would be pretty good if he would quit rigging elections... Never seen our country overthrown until that last election..

My vote would be Hilary... Whats bad is we believe and alot of other people believe, that we do have to pick the lesser of two evils... That we do have to pick somebody that there party has put in front of us to pick...

Im tired of it... I say throw out parties all together and just have people run for office.. and put there voting record where everybody can see it...

Commentary about this and commentary about that only shape weak minds. We need just to hear that person talk and let the public decide...

Ive said enough ... how about some baseball

No Streaming Account
  2. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why the americans are in iraq? at first to remove saddam and now to establish a government that will help the country to recover from the cause and effects of dictatorship.

i lived about half my life in a country ruled by a dictator (Philippines). what dictators do is to run the country they rule out of money and to bankruptcy. good thing that iraq have oils that have high demands in the international market, which also goes directly to saddam and to his cronies. with the money they have, they (saddam and cronies) developed biological warfare and they used this to their own people (kurds up north of iraq, where they committed genocide, we only discovered this when saddam was ousted)

1. now, for the WMD of North Korea - you must understand how communist government run. the leadership in a communist country will only be replaced upon the death of the leader. (except gorbachev who paved the way to change the russian politics). im sure the americands are aware of this situation in N. Korea. they have military presence in S. Korea, Japan in case the N. Korea try to use their WMD.

besides, N. KOrean people, at least most of them are atheist w/c is good for communism. they are not blinded by any extreme belief or any religion that will inspire them to attack the US.

2. terrorism - under the rule of saddam, the threat of terrorism is great. because as we now know, iraq have capabilities and research how to manufacture these biological weapons. iran i think doesnt have yet the capabilities and the resources ($$$$) to build one.

3. remove evil dictator - as i said in communist style of government, the only way to remove or have the present leader replaced is when the leader die or in any reason being ousted by the party members (which is highly impossible)

you see, thats why im proud now that im a canadian coz we dont have to this policing the "evil dictators" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  3. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is perfect:

No Streaming Account
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    canucks,

A: Iraq was more of a dictatorship then communism as Saddam has been in power since 1963, even if it's under the cover of his Baath party.

But "B", Everything you said doesn't make iraq an unique reason to be up for attack, Terrorism? How about iran or Saudi arabia?
    Vicious leader? Like the Talliban or any of these other islamic governments are any better. America surely didn't go into iraq on noble intentions.

Again explain to me why 15/19 terrorists from 9/11 are Saudi born

5. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SHUSH... SEE WHAT I MEAN... I would laugh so hard.. I mean so hard if this was one of those elections that 1 vote one..lol. it was his...lol

He wont vote for BUSH... He's a politician..And we all believe politicians right...?

No Streaming Account
  6. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    regarding the citizenship of those involved in 9/11, even if they are saudians (?), is this a ground for Saudi Invasion? the fault of few citizens and their crimes is that a good reason to dislodge the saudi leadership? i believe the sane answer for these question is a resounding NO.

saudi and iraq is very much different. although they are both islam in their faith, saudi leaders in not guilty of harboring or being proven having WMD or guilty of genocide by using biological warfare.

i believe, we cant compare the saudi w/ the situation in iraq even if the citizenship of those murderers of 9/11 is saudian.

No Streaming Account
  7. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    YES!!!!!!! They planned, plotted and flew 3 planes into buildings!

8. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that was a real quote. I think it was taken from the Daily Show actually. Still really funny!

No Streaming Account
  9. ColdWarrior21

ColdWarrior21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well im not old enough to vote yet but i hope John kerry wins

No Streaming Account
  10. Pinstripe Moose

Pinstripe Moose Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Canucks...I see where you are getting at, but the problem is how we got there. The American people were told that the was definite proof that we were in danger. As Tris has stated, there are many more places in this world that were and are more of a threat to us than Iraq.

First Bush said that Iraq had WMD...was this true? No...maybe one day we'll find something buried in the desert...but for now all we've found is mustard gas that is a decade old. Tris' point is if the US was really concerned about WMD, countries like N. Korea and Syria would be of more importance to invade.

Second...I'm sorry, but there is no provem link to terrorism and Sadam's regime. Everything I have read points in the direction that Sadam hated Bin Laden and vice versa. Now he may have committed terror acts against his own people, but never has he sponsered something internationally. Bush made it a point after 9/11 to try to link Sadam to it.

I'm not going to say that this world is not a better place without Sadam in power, but like Tris has stated...this world has bigger problems and bigger fish to fry than Saddam Hussein.

No Streaming Account