Pro-Am League thoughts-Your input

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by bingo king, Sep 4, 2018.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Hey guys so I'd like to really put out an open forum to you guys. I'd also like to shoot some thoughts and ask for input.

Please if you'd like respond with the letter of Subject you'd like to respond to.

A. Teams.
    Now the original idea was to have you bring in 5 guys to fill out a roster and than tc the rest, but as we have seen in the past, this just leads to favoritism of friends playing and does not help the league as a whole. We will be doing the original of Owner and General Manager pre-selected, Cornerstone player chosen after scouting and the AGM selected after the draft.

B. Game times will be 8 & 9 Pm central. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

C. LGBA Rules will be modified and applied to the new league.

D. I know their have been other Pro-Am leagues but i haven't participated in many so if anyone has knowledge of applicable things please pass it on.

E. Conversation has happened of limiting the amount of pure sharpshooter/stretch 5 allowed per game per team, we definitely don't want to see 4-5 guys in every game being pure sharps as it'd be nice to see variety.

F. Streaming required. We need to publicize this league in a bunch of varieties and reach out in any way to expand this league. Pro-Am is what guys have wanted since the introduction of crews so we want to publicize that it's here. We want Streams for a few reasons: 1) It's free and it is available to everyone and it doesn't affect gameplay like it used to. 2)Highlights, we can now go through and check out your week's videos and compile a plays of week. 3)Complaints can now be viewed in game instead of "selected recordings" 4)It helps out YOUR stream. if you are someone who wants to stream providing a live stream to a website with thousands of members is a great way to increase your viewership and maybe make new friends.

It's for you guys and we want to provide the experience we most want as whole. sometimes things are limited or enforced that a few don't like but their may be larger idea's at play. We need to grow the league and we have seen here at LG what can come from created players being used in a league.

Please provide your feedback or give some brainstorming.

BingoKing91
  2. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    And unless someone else can come up with something we are going with:

Leaguegaming Pro-Am Basketball (LGPAB)

We are trying to get a logo together and will more than likely be starting fresh as a league.

• Winner Winner x 1
    BingoKing91
  3. Tacosunday

Tacosunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    This is something that would make me join the league. Using actual teams looked far to boring when i've been putting effort into my player. Favoritism is what had me dropping out of the league when it very first started up years ago, as long as that can somehow be addressed I would be 100% in.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Tacosunday16