Pro Series Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by BLicK12, Apr 13, 2015.

1. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Little late considering Never Unlucky aka Never Laid aka Never Offline already pounded down Reality Check (although I think everyone saw that coming), but wanted to get a discussion going with the rest of the pool.

8 Don't Care v. 9 Cross Crease Cheese - I actually had to look and see who was on Don't Care's roster since we never actually played them during the regular season. We played CCC a few times and the games were competitive. The teams split the season series 1-1. I think assuming CCC can throw their best line they'll win in 5.

4 9th Wonder v. 13 Handsome Diddlers - Played both teams a couple of times. Both have their share of well known players. These teams know each other well with 9th winning the season series 5-3. Diddlers are definitely under-seeded, they had 16 OTLs which are games that could've gone either way. But while the Diddlers might have the most creative player in the NHL series, I think 9th's playing style is too rattling for them and they take it in 4 barring @JDoolus actually remembering how to play the goalie position.

5 Bubba Gumps v. 12 Smurfs - Smurfs did a lot better than I thought they would in the regular season, but they got a tough draw in the first round. However, they split the season series with BG 2-2. However, I think the Gumps' roster is too deep and assuming they have their top line fully put together. I like them to sweep. Shoutout to my boy, @bakessss he does have the potential to steal games.

2 Grygy and Dog v. 15 Break the Cycle - Seems to be that BtC underachieved during the regular season given their roster. We played both teams a few times and there is no doubt that Grgy's game is a lot more polished overall. BtC will need to have standout individual performances to stand a chance in this one, and I just don't see that happening. Grygy took the season series 4-1. I like Grygy in 3.

7 Reservoir Dogs v. 10 Minimal Talent - "Biggest" upset pick here, I think stability and chemistry in MT's roster has them as a dangerous #10 seed. Res Dogs have definitely been around as well, but they looked very discombobulated in the games we played against them. MT won their only game against RD this season and won handily, 7-3. MT might not have the top end talent, but there is something to be said for consistency and I think they'll figure out a way to win in 5.

3 No Mercy v. 14 Grinders United - I see this being a close series. Grinders United live up to their name, they are more than capable of controlling possession and generating quality chances. Where they are weak is on the defensive end, and unfortunately for them, No Mercy has a ton of capable finishers. I could see a lot of these games being high scoring as No Mercy's defense can be a bit suspect as well. NM won the season series 2-1. In the end, I think No Mercy has too much talent up front to lose and I see them winning in 4.

6 Competitive Nature v. 11 Puck Pirates - At the bottom of the bracket are teams with two owners that flat out don't like each other (I'm trying to build the tension Jay, in reality you're an ok guy). At one point during the regular season, it looked like the Pirates might be on pace to finish with negative points. But Jay seems to have whipped the team into shape, and they have come on hot toward the end of the regular season. CN won the season series 2-0 but both of these games were played while the Pirates were getting plundered. This should be a good series, normally I wouldn't make predictions on my own team, but I felt the need to stop being a pussy, so I'll take CN in 5.

• Like Like x 19
    BLicK1252
  2. MattTheCoolCat

MattTheCoolCat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 3 / -12
    Thanks for not being a pussy.

• Like Like x 5
    MattTheCoolCat
  3. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Good clean fun all around i'm sure! Best of luck.

No Streaming Account
  4. Chivs

Chivs Unofficial Chive Employee

Ratings:
    +351 / 16 / -16
    Nice write up BAWD

• Like Like x 2
    Chivs_01
  5. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    • Like Like x 4
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  6. Dups77

Dups77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 3 / -5
    Whats getting laid mean?

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    [MENTION=3028]Jay Ayotte 89[/MENTION] will tell you dudes a pimp.

• Like Like x 3
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  8. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    8 Don't Care v. 9 Cross Crease Cheese - 5 Game Series, 2 solid teams I think Sweet Lou and the boys will pull out the victory though

4 9th Wonder v. 13 Handsome Diddlers - I feel this is the most likely "big" upset so I want to pick it. B0SS of B0SSES crew wins in 5.

5 Bubba Gumps v. 12 Smurfs - Smurfs performed well in the regular season but StamToast and Bass are too good to overcome in a 5 game series. Gumps in 4.

2 Grygy and Dog v. 15 Break the Cycle - They should win in 3 games, easily one of the most talented teams in the tournament.

7 Reservoir Dogs v. 10 Minimal Talent - Grammer's team is talented and plays a style that should prevent losing against equally skilled teams. Res Dogs in 4.

3 No Mercy v. 14 Grinders United - Puzzle and the boys might not be the most talented group but they can be tough to play against. I expect them to take at least 1 game off of No Mercy. No Mercy in 4.

6 Competitive Nature v. 11 Puck Pirates - Before the tournament I would have picked Jay's rag tag group of Connor-less nubs in this match-up, probably in 3 games. After playing both teams I see Competitive Nature winning in 4 or 5 games, although xW4RD really helped Jay's team with the mid-season addition.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fr33kOnTheStix

Fr33kOnTheStix borkborkbork

Ratings:
    +726 / 8 / -21
    • Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    You forgot Never Nude!

11. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    I can sit back and take the never laid jokes or never offline but here is where i draw the line. Atleast half our team plays without pants on so this is just a flat out lie and we will not tolerate this slander.

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  12. Grammer LD

Grammer LD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    good call on ur biggest upset lmao

GrammerLD
  13. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -6
    Grinders won it in five for those keepin track. Close series.

• Like Like x 5
    Dalilaama
  14. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Good job best of luck next round.

No Streaming Account
  15. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I don't think I ever claimed that these would be accurate. It was moreso to hopefully build some conversation and excitement around the playoffs and I based it largely off of what I saw when we played each team. Congrats on the win though.

• Like Like x 3
    BLicK1252
  16. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Not surprised, you guys are going to be a tough out for sure, congrats.

1-1 between Puck Pirates and Competitive Nature. We won the first game pretty handily, but they stepped up the defense the second game and won 3-2 in OT. Should be a good series, I think someone on their team is streaming for anyone that wants to tune in tonight.

• Like Like x 3
    BLicK1252
  17. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I appreciate you, I dont appreciate when Rickoshay beats me at RW, but I appreciate you specifically.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    You suck.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    hey guys remember when Blick said Res Dogs were going to lose? lololol fuckin amateur hour over here with the predictions. WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!? "He wasn't" seems to be the only logical answer.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  20. StamToast

StamToast Simple Rick

Discord:
    stamtoast#0
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 9 / -13
    Bubba gumps will win it all hands down. No team will come close to beating them.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account