Media Project Make NHL Great Again

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NeNe, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NeNe

NeNe NeNe Speaks Truth

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 0 / -7
    Before I get started, I know it's a "dead" game it's this it's that but hear me out.

After sometime of not playing NHL, I went into this beta with low to no expectations, only looking to play it because it's free and past beta's were fun even if it wasn't the best gameplay. I quickly found out 2 things: I am officially washed and that I was shocked to see the talent level of NHL. The problem is, it's split between two consoles. For anyone that has played NHL even a little competitively, it's been years of waiting for EA to do stuff with no results of a competitive scene for 6v6 supported by EA. Nuge, and others, but mostly Nuge helped with running a league for us to play in and also being our middle man with EA, which is great. NHL will never be one of the biggest games out there but it's always had a pretty passionate community. People play for different reasons but for anyone that plays the game for competitive reasons, I really think a merge of consoles should be considered.

I was saying to Tomek the other day that if somehow xbox/ps4 were to merge, I think the amount of competitive teams would be the best it's ever been. Better than 09, 10, etc. Here is a list of teams from both consoles people were able to come up with:

*Sorry if teams were left off, came up with this fairly quickly and it's just to show how deep a league would be. There's a bunch of good teams not here I'm sure and just as many good players without a team. *no order on the teams and this is just where I was told people have been playing on the beta.*

Ps4:

Jam
    Composure
    Prime Example
    Slaughter House
    Electric Factory
    Scouting for Goals
    No Stopping Us
    The Bomb Squad
    The Office
    6th Sense

Xbox:

CD
    Raw Talent
    Adversity
    Tomek's Team
    UfB
    Standard
    Hidden Potential
    The Wolf Pack
    new 9th

Pretty damn split. There's teams on both sides that already can easily switch, as they have both consoles, but from what I understand more xbox people have both consoles than ps4 people have a box. NHL has been stuck in the same place for awhile now. People will probably have their cons to not switch but why not give it a try. Worst case scenario, a merge would lead to the most stacked money league ever and LG would be stacked like before. To me, switching to ps4 would be the way to go as if you guys would want anything to build off this, ps4 would probably be the console EA would want anything they run to be on.

Cons of going to ps4 I can think of, with some solutions. Problem buying a ps4? Sell the box. ps4 controller stinks? New controller called the Nacon is good (just ask the Boan) No longer take NHL want to take NHL seriously/don't play for comp? I guess this just isn't for you.

People have had their problems with the beta and I've seen it being voiced in the chat box. So I went to twitter to see if I can bring it to EA/the devs attention. They took notice by liking the tweet and I had some GCs/CETs of EA comment on how this is the feedback they want to see. Whether they do anything with it, remains to be seen. I think the structure of this game is good enough to be the best next gen NHL. It'll never have that old gen feel to it but it's not bad right now.

At the end of the day, a merge doesn't matter as much to me as I don't even know if I'll be playing NHL. I'm just making this to get the ball rolling as I've heard people bring it up and after seeing both consoles play, I actually see potential in this. This is the next step the community should take to make any progress moving forward.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Space_Jam_XVII
  2. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    Xbox>PS4 but i love the idea it would be better competition if both consoles combined to play on one console.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Entering an Online Game
    Vaporize_17
  3. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Pretty good write up it does seem a lot of people have both and from playing LG and club on both the past couple seasons there are a number of good teams on both and a ton of good players who don't even have teams or are drifters.

A merge would be great and now would he the time to do it with GAMESHARING a thing on both consoles and both original consoles nearing their upgraded version soon (Scorpio/PS4 Pro) A new ps4 console is only $200, same with xbox.

My only issue with this post is you saying teams should go to ps4. I would have no problem going to ps4 but it seems more people have xbox as a lot of the good ps4 teams you mentioned are a combo of ps4 and xbox guys as well from my experience over there in LG and the ps4 Pro Series. However, the main issue is bc I thought EA partnered up with xbox when the Xbox One was released. I remember a big reveal at E3 about it when the One was release. I could be wrong but I believe that is still a thing so I would imagine if they were to host a tournament they would want it on xbox.

Xbox One 500GB Console - Trade in credit $100 at GameStop

Ps4 original Console - Trade In credit $120 at GameStop

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  4. ScaryJoeyy

ScaryJoeyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    i love it

• Like Like x 3
    ScaryJoeyy
  5. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    i love you

No Streaming Account
  6. ScaryJoeyy

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    stop you're making me blush. I LOVE CHEL

• Like Like x 1
    ScaryJoeyy
  7. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    No one loves CHEL more than I do.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. ScaryJoeyy

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    you love CHEL 17 more than anybody

ScaryJoeyy
  9. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I just threw up

No Streaming Account
  10. ScaryJoeyy

Discord:
    scaryjoeyy#0
    Ratings:
    +434 / 49 / -43
    throw up in my mouth

• Like Like x 1
    ScaryJoeyy
  11. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I would think it makes way more sense for PS4 people to come to Xbox. The Xbox NHL community has been around far longer, and is therefore more robust (please note, I'm not even saying it is better just deeper and with a bigger 6s player base). It took how long for PS4 to even start a league? I don't know how many people own both systems, but I know that about half the teams on your PS4 list were originally playing on Xbox. Just my two cents, you're right in that it would be a lot better for the game and overall competition to have everyone on one console. Obviously, I'm biased with my preference, but I think there is some good logic behind it as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    BLicK1252
  12. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    I highly doubt that most people that don't have a PS4 or Xbox would agree to buy that console so we could have a merger. I probably won't be spending 200-300 (depending on if you want to trade in your console and buying the game) could see that being an issue for other people as well. But, it would be good for the community if this happened for either console.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. SkillzPayBills3

SkillzPayBills3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -67
    Im pretty sure majority of the xbox community has a ps4 because of mlb. At this point it would make way more sense for people from xbox to come over to ps4. Nhl 16 if u had planned to do this it woulda made more sense for ps4 to shift over because xbox had the better competition.With all the new xbox talent switching to the ps4, ps4 has to be the way to go

• Like Like x 2
    Skillzpay3
  14. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Great idea but can we get everyone on board? Seems like Frost is doing the most for ESHL and the PS4 side. He had one sponsor for the last season and I believe he has a few more for the upcoming season. Would be awesome to see it all on one console (I prefer Xbox) and then a 4s and 6s ESHL league.

A crazier idea (that will never happen) is EA, Microsoft and Sony all get their shit together and make the game cross-platform compatible so it doesn't matter what console you play on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Scheckel29
  15. Hriiz

Hriiz mm moist

Ratings:
    +686 / 19 / -49
    DxC

• Like Like x 1
    hriiz_
  16. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    Instead of asking xbox players to move to PS4, and possibly buy a new PS4 to do it, isnt it easier to get the FORMER xbox guys who have moved AWAY from xbox to just come back? I'm sure as hell not buying a new console to play NHL - even if I sell my xbox I've alrdy put too much money into my games library for this to make sense.

Edit Add-on: We literally had this huge community on Xbox before people stopped playing and/or moved to PS4. It seems a little backwards to ask people to go to PS4 to recreate it IMO

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 14
    No Streaming Account
  17. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    Having all the teams in the world on one console won't make NHL great again. Anyone that drops $250+ for a console and another $60 for yet another sick iteration of EA Sports NHL 18 is a dumbass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    @NeNe

XBOX
    LG Sign Ups - 3,849

ESHL SIGN UPS - 248 players
    8 Teams Invite Division
    23 Teams Open Division

PS4
    LGHL Sign Ups -2,733

ESHL PSN - 158 players
    19 teams

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  19. Tjhdp11

Tjhdp11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 27 / -19
    Just to counter, didn't a ton of guys move from ps3 to xbox when the playstation network got hacked? So I wouldn't say the xbox community has been around for longer. Ps4 had a league since NHL 10, just wasn't run by leaguegaming. Now I am also biased, just playing devil's advocate.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Tjhdp11