* New * Public Address - Matchmaking - Reschedules - Forfeits

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Oct 26, 2018.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,405 / 66 / -497
    As we enter the third week of the season the frustration in regards to matchmaking continues. It seems like on a nightly basis teams cannot seem to match up with one another. I've had some discussions with EA's Live team, as well as the producers for EASHL and have come to a few conclusions:
    1. If you have a player blocked, you may NOT be able to match make against this player.
    2. EA and I have opened the lines of communication to debug other issues. This will require managers to contact me directly if a situation arises whereby both teams are 100% sure no players in the dressing room have their opponents blocked. In these situations, I'll need ONE PM that includes both team representatives, a description of briefly what has occurred and a link to the game. This will allow me to forward the info onto EA for further review.
    Of course now the question arises, "what solutions do you have?"
    1. First and foremost, I am not 100% sure, but on Xbox there is a matchmaking issue that arises from when a player is trying to privately match make with a user they have blocked. I assume this could be an issue on PS4 as well! Head to your settings and ensure you have your opponents unblocked on PS4.
    2. Ensure the CODE IS CORRECT! Tris updated the system today to ensure that the codes are all lower case now, so there will be NO CONFUSION as to what letters are used.
    3. Open your DNS settings! A ton of players who were experiencing issues with the DR related issues have found success in opening their DNS settings. Here is a quick reference guide for changing your DNS settings:
    4. When both teams get into the "ready up" screen, I have noticed more success if all the players press X rather than wait the timer out.
    5. Searching ANY, sometimes allows for the best host out of the 12 players to be selected, thereby ensure everyone gets into the game. The only experience I have with "DR issues" on PSN was corrected by searching ANY.
    6. Reschedule if the issue continues for an extended period of time.
    Reschedules

This season, more than ever before, we are seeing requests to have games rescheduled simply due to connection issues, inability to match make etc. With the obvious frustrations that surround these issues, I've explained to our staff that our priority is to get games played and we will try to be as accommodating as possible. With that being said, we have rules to follow and we also have expectations from our team managers that are needed to be followed.

1. According to Article II, all reschedules are moved to Thursday Night.
      • Staff has been instructed to explain to the two teams requesting a game be moved that this will be our default day unless both teams can come to an agreement to play the game at a different time. This agreed on time DOES NOT, need to be an official game time.
      • I want the games played WITHIN THE SAME WEEK they were originally scheduled for. According to the rules, for reschedule games, the line up is locked in. Therefore it can pose an issue if a player is in a pending trade and the game isn't played until the following week. In situations where an agreement cannot be made, the Thursday time slot does not work for BOTH teams, resulting in the following week being the ideal time, staff and I will review the request and try to be accommodating.
      • In situations whereby a team uses "connection or matchmaking issues" as an excuse to delay the start of a game, or to have a game rescheduled, that game SHALL be marked as a forfeit loss, and that manager WILL be suspended. There is enough frustration this season based on issues out of our control that I don't need a representative of the league in a management role creating issues.
      • As always, I strongly recommend teams stream EVERY SINGLE GAME they play each week! Video evidence of situations is becoming the only way for staff and I to definitely make precise rulings. Situations that become a "he said, she said" battle likely will result in reschedules or 0-0 games.
      • As always it goes WITHOUT SAYING, communication between team managers, and the league officials is a MUST! We need to know what is going on as soon as it is going on so we can be on top of issues. We already have seen a situation whereby two teams contacted us yesterday to reschedule a game from Monday. That is not ACCEPTABLE!
      • Once two teams agree, staff and I will NOT be moving the game a second time. We are extremely busy running the day to day operations of the league we do not have time to constantly move games around. Make an agreement and stick to it.
    Forfeits

The community needs to understand something, these matchmaking issues are not anyone in this league's fault. Therefore if two teams cannot find one another, NEITHER team will be granted a forfeit win! Going back ti what I stated above, streaming your games is a MUST!N Staff and I need to be able to review streams in situations to ensure that both teams are in fact searching. I also mentioned above that if teams are going to hide behind these issues to delay games starting I will be handing out suspensions. If it continues, the suspensions will become removals. We all have lives outside of LG and none of us deserve to have our time wasted.

Article II describes EXACTLY when a forfeit can be taken and in WHAT SITUATION it can be taken! Everyone in the league NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND this basic concept in order or games to run smoothly:

5.3.1 : Forfeit Procedures

Forfeits can ONLY taken in the following situations during :

• Prior to the game start, one of the team informs their opponent that they are unable to get six skaters.
      • After the "five minutes past official game start time", the team who has their complete six skaters is eligible to take a forfeit if the other team does not have six skaters and did not request additional time. *If this is the home team, it would be after the game invite expires* ** If this is the away team, it would be if no game invite has been sent by the "five minutes after official game time** In both situations, additional time was not requested.
      • After the additional time request has expires, if the team who made the request can not get six skaters still, a forfeit can be take.
      • Forfeits are not eligible to be taken in the following situations; 1) if additional time has NOT been requested and the team eligible to take a forfeit does not take it right away(+6 minutes pass official game time) 1) if additional IS requested, and expires and the team eligible to take it doesn't take it right away(+11 minutes past official game time).
      • If a gentlemen's agreement is reached, a forfeit cannot be claimed any sooner than +16 minutes past official game time. Also forfeit cannot be claimed any later than +16 minutes after official game if a gentlemen's agree is made.
      • Any forfeit claimed beyond +16 minute mark (if a gentlemen's agreement is made) beyond +11 minute mark (no gentlemen's agreement made) or beyond +6 minute mark (no additional time requested) is deemed INVALID and will result in a rescheduled game.
    In the situation where ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA IS MET BUT THE GAME IS STILL PLAYED, TEAMS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM A FORFEIT SINCE THE GAME WAS PLAYED!

5.3.1 : Forfeit Procedures

Forfeits can ONLY taken in the following situations during :

• Prior to the game start, one of the team informs their opponent that they are unable to get six skaters.
      • After the "five minutes past official game start time", the team who has their complete six skaters is eligible to take a forfeit if the other team does not have six skaters and did not request additional time. *If this is the home team, it would be after the game invite expires* ** If this is the away team, it would be if no game invite has been sent by the "five minutes after official game time** In both situations, additional time was not requested.
      • After the additional time request has expires, if the team who made the request can not get six skaters still, a forfeit can be take.
      • Forfeits are not eligible to be taken in the following situations; 1) if additional time has NOT been requested and the team eligible to take a forfeit does not take it right away(+6 minutes pass official game time) 1) if additional IS requested, and expires and the team eligible to take it doesn't take it right away(+11 minutes past official game time).
      • If a gentlemen's agreement is reached, a forfeit cannot be claimed any sooner than +16 minutes past official game time. Also forfeit cannot be claimed any later than +16 minutes after official game if a gentlemen's agree is made.
      • Any forfeit claimed beyond +16 minute mark (if a gentlemen's agreement is made) beyond +11 minute mark (no gentlemen's agreement made) or beyond +6 minute mark (no additional time requested) is deemed INVALID and will result in a rescheduled game.
    5.3.2 : Forfeit Restrictions

• Line-up are now locked at official game time if the game is not played and a forfeit occurs. In the situation where a forfeit is taken, or granted, whatever line up that was listed at official game time is the line up that is locked into said forfeit game.
    5.3.3 : Gentlemen's Agreement

Two teams are ELIGIBLE, but NOT REQUIRED TO, enter into an agreement that will allow a game to begin later than the standard game times listed (Official Game Time - Five Minute Past Official Game Time - Ten Minutes Past *Additional Time*)

The team that is running late requiring this agreement in order to make the game, is required to start the period SHORT HANDED (5-4) as a punishment for not being on time!

Currently based on our additional time rule, a forfeit can ONLY be taken at +6 minutes past official game time IF additional time is NOT requested OR +11 minutes past official game time IF additional time IS requested. Entering a gentlemen's agreement will add an additional five minutes to the "additional time" rule making the official time to accept a forfeit +16 minutes past official game time.

A gentlemen's agreement is ONLY an additional five minutes.

Team's who enter an agreement BUT DO NOT claim a forfeit at exactly +16 minutes past official game time will NOT be eligible to take a forfeit.

The above post is direction from Article II. I cannot explain how important it is for our community members to understand this process!

If you have any questions related to connection issues, DR issues or game night procedures, please let me know!

Thanks for your continued dedication to LG
    -Brodie

Discord LG McDonald#5578
    Twitter @LG_Commissioner

• Like Like x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,405 / 66 / -497
    Moving forward all teams are required to search ANY not home and away.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial