Question about 6 on 6 play

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by Pyrogerbil, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Pyrogerbil

Pyrogerbil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im just wondering is the 6 on 6 play great or not?
    Also I am a 2ker but Ive never gotten into the hockey games. Whats better about 2k vs EA or vice versa.

No Streaming Account
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What is better in one game or the other changes from person to person. I really like the 2k9 game this year but others on LG will say its complete trash. If I could of only bought one, it probably would have been NHL 09 because of be a pro and the whole EASHL thing.

***positives for 2k over ea***
    -you can score from different places. In NHL 09 its like they have designated places on the ice that you have to be to score with a slap shot or wrist shot. In 2k you have more of a chance of seeing different goals.

-while the goalies tend to look weird, their save animations are superior to the animations in NHL 09. Tris posted a video of a great save the other day.
    http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=24
    now to me, that save is much better than the tired animation of EA's when the puck just sticks to their back and they lay on it.

-Im a sound effects whore, and 2k nailed the sound effects this year. when the puck hits the glass it is the crack that you normally hear, and not just the thud that you hear in EA.

-The hitting is better than EA's. Plain and simple, EA will never be a winner in this category, until they drop the whole magnet thing.

-Sliders.

***positives for EA over 2k***
    -I can not say this enough times. with all the things i love about 2k, I am spending most of my time with EA because of the Be a Pro mode. This mode was a great idea with madden and the people that make NHL 09 took that idea and absolutely ran with it.

-The skill stick has a year or two over the pro stick evolution that 2k has, and that shows. The skill stick changed the way hockey games will be played for the next couple of years.

-EASHL. haven't really got into that yet but i probably will soon and i know its fun. I can take my be a pro player(Rod Farva) online and join a team and compete with other teams. How cool is that?!?!

-Graphics and player creation look much more natural over 2k

These are the things that stand out to me. I'm very happy in my purchase of both NHL 09 and NHL 2k9. As being a hardcore NHL 2k player of the past, im happy to see them take a step in the right direction this year.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  3. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    Do yourself a favor kid, and buy NHL09. Its the best hockey game every made hands down. The BAP is the best thing ever created, tons of fun and VERY addicting thats the only draw back..lol

Drugmonkeyrx
  4. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest renting both games and trying them out for a few days. Both are getting favourable reviews.

I will give you one positive and negative about both. These are my favourite and least favourite things about both games.

EA
    - Skating backwards is automatic which leads to you getting burned.
    + Be A Pro mode is fun.

- Defensive controls are gimped and not as good as last year.
    + AI is great, as always.

No Streaming Account
  5. SoulControlla99

SoulControlla99 Am I evil? Yes I am.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the human goaltenders, you don't need to be in certain "spots" to score although I'm not convinced there are those anyway. NHL09 is excellent. When their servers are actually working that is. They're VERY buggy.

No Streaming Account