Question

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by nosice, Aug 24, 2004.

1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ARE THESE 70 point games going to be permissable in the regular season...lol.. that is now the 4th one i believe maybe just 3...

We are going to tone it down in the regulary season right?

IF not we need to drop the quarters down to 6 or even 5 minutes... or go to all madden..

70-20 games are not sim football.. So I mean, either we need to fix the time or change our motivation..

it should never be this high...

* no discredit to the guys that put up those scores.. Just seems a little too wide open...

No Streaming Account
  2. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree in the sense that 7min a quarter is to long but that is the minority view. as far as the 70 pt thing 1 of the 70pt games was the result of me not paying attention and putting the final in the OT. so i believe there to be only 2

No Streaming Account
  3. burntCanunck

burntCanunck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like 7 minutes, it gives you time to work an offense.

i'm not big on allpro because the db's are just morons and the kicking is very easy.

i'd like to move to all madden but i'm probably with a minority here.

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fortunatlely, we have another couple of weeks before our season starts, which will give us some time to iron this stuff out and test.

The scoreboard has the potential to be ready by this Sunday, but I'd rather hold off and do things like test the All Madden mode.

As for the 70pt scores, it's coming from one player (windless money). Right not he's pretty much owning us, but I have a feeling we'll catch up (I gave him a good game in my 2nd match, (31-34 OT loss) but he did throw for almost 400yds on me again.

The rest of the league though, we're seeing really good sim-like scores and stats on 7min qtrs.

I'm going to try out some All-Madden this week (w/ windless money too, as see if that helps slow him down, hehe).

No Streaming Account
  5. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it not so much him... even though he's the one putting those scores up... it's just the possibility of those numbers being there... I dont mind the 7 min games.. just done like seeing those scores that go past the line of sim and arcade...lol...

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing to pay attention to on All Madden though, is if you can actually run the ball. In year's past, the running game went to poo on the hardest difficulty level, and that's something we want to avoid (even at the expense of high offensive numbers).

If you can't balance your attack with an honest running game, then it turns into a pass frenzy (which is no fun) and at that point 7min is too long (since the clock is rarely running between plays).

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me neither, none of the settings are locked in at the point... just keep getting a nice sampling of exhibition scores with other league members (and always put the settings used in the game notes).

No Streaming Account
  8. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if someone is putting up a big game against someone else they need to slow it down in the second half. We dont need anyone running up scores around here so if you do happen to get out to a big lead you should just start running without trying to break every run for a TD. I really think if someone starts running up scores they should be warned about it and if it persists then that person should be removed from the league.

Im not saying if someone is consistently putting up 40 or more points then they should be removed. I just think if people start complaining about someone then we need to think about taking some measures to make sure it doesn't keep happening.

No Streaming Account
  9. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with that about the all madden difficulty....

Ive broke maybe 4 for long gainers in the run department but I would rather have a run game then pass IMO... but we'll see what happens...

No Streaming Account
  10. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, and that's part of the sportsmanship guidelines for these leagues.... you just need to start stuffing the ball between the tackles with a huge lead, even if it means a 3 and out on occasion.

Exhibitions though, alot of people just stop trying.

No Streaming Account
  11. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe teach the person getting demolished to learn how to play D? :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  12. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I knew you would come in with something like to say. Ya I agree some people will need to find a better way to play D. But there's no reason for some of us to expliot that game in and game out. You should reaslize early that you will be able to run up the score so like XBJ said just run between the tackles and have some 3 and outs. There's no need to run up the score versus someone who cannot play D as good as you can.

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unless they talk smack and challenge you on the forums, then you get a beat down and all bets are off on how high the score can go. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  14. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No arguements here :p

No Streaming Account
  15. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with CanEhdian. The times ive been up big (admittedly not many) i will run the ball to work the clock and if for some reason i break a run i will dive on the ground to not score.

Alot of people have this need to pad their stats. Ive played people that were winning with under 2 minutes left and were still throwing every down to get that extra TD pass on their stats! Besides the fact that it sucks to be on the other end of that its bad sportsmenship.

Personally i dont think ive scored 70 points total in my Madden games so that wont be a big problem for me :)

No Streaming Account
  16. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll run the ball to keep the clock moving, and completely avoid the passing game unless it's 3rd and 10+yds, but if I happen to break a good run up the middle because my opponent has decided to put down his controller out of frustration or something, I won't dive on the ground to avoid a score.

Anyway, these are exhibition games... when the regular season comes, I'm sure it won't be an issue and if someone is purposefully running it up by throwing late, no huddling, etc... they'll be talked to.

No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll add that it also depends whom you're playing. I had windless down 31-14 at the half the other night. Normally, if I'm up 17pts going into the 2nd half, I'll probably focus on running the ball. I did that with him and it bit me on the ass. He put up a TD in the 3rd, another in the 4th, and a tieing FG late in the 4th to force OT while completely shutting me down in the 2nd half.

No Streaming Account
  18. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    having had this happen to me all i can say is i hope it doesn't happen during the season. i cannot think of any reason being down 36 and the clock under a minute that someone should be hurryiing up to get plays in to score one more time before time expires. everyones different and i can take my lumps with class, but that doesn't sit well with me. my 2 cents

down 34 not 36

No Streaming Account
  19. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree Kev, and it won't be tolerated in the regular season. I think most people are good sports though, and the ones that aren't can be talked to/reasoned with.

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

cough BigWilly cough

I think i put almost 100 pts on him during a regular season game because had pissed me off so much. :laugh:

No Streaming Account