Question

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by nosice, Aug 24, 2004.

1. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As windless said before there didnt seem to be that much of a difference between All-Pro and All-Madden

No Streaming Account
  2. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dang my bad please forward me the memo where it said windless was the only one posting opinions

No Streaming Account
  3. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand the leaue policies and rules but maybe in an effort to keep things fair in those situations it may be best to record the stats and offer somebody a concede defeat which would count as a loss. Record the stats at that point and then go from there. Maybe only accept concede defeats in the fourth quarter as to keep the box scores filled.

If you are asking someone to run it up the gut, let's just say they have a fluke game and everything they do can't be stopped. Are you asking that you just dive instead of going into the endzone?

If parameters are going to be placed on taking three and outs, then parameters need to be in place to determine how many times you pass or run in a game. The passing game gets you down the field quickly. If you have a receiver like Randy Moss you want to exploit your matchup and score quickly. Some people don't understand what to do in order to run a balanced offense. Just like you don't want to limit your offense or dictate what you can and cannot do. Let's say I run the ball and fumble it each time..i.e. Corey Dillon sometimes with New England you pick the ball up and score each time and fumbles get you back in the game. Momentum has shifted and the game does in some uncanny way adjust to momentum. Then are all bets about being fair off?

Just a question from a newby....

I LOVE THE LEAGUE!
    :fdal: :fcar: :fnyj:

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here, as well as Marauders, and a few others that have tested it out.

Based on what I'm hearing though, it sounds like the defensive secondary AI is a little better on All Madden, and maybe the D-Line are a little quicker or better at tackling. But if there's not much difference, it's probably not worth switching the setting.

I'll test some more games today online (now that the family is gone until Sat. 8) )

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh? I was just posting my observation from my game last night against him that I didnt notice a difference either... is that more clear?

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, no, no... I guess it came out wrong. There will never be written rules on that, not here anyway (I've seen them elsewhere).

Pretty much everyone here can take their losses in stride, even in blowouts. What we don't want is intentional running up of the score (calling TO's, no huddles, lots of passing late in a blowout, etc).

If someone wants to dive on a TD break, or take a 3 and out on purpose in order to keep the score down... that's their perogative, but it's certainly not a rule. Some guys will do that I guess, but not many.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, people that play alot or are otherwise good are going to excel, no matter what setting we play on.

If it's on AllPro, they're going to put up 50-20 type of games. The lesser player might be able to get some offense against them, but they're going to give up huge ponts too.

If it's on AllMadden, it might be a 36-6 type of game. The lesser player will probably get stuffed alot, but will be able to control the better player's offense a bit more since the AI helps out a little better.

In the end, it's still a 30pt victory and the lesser player probably didn't enjoy himself much (AllPro he couldn't stop the other guy and probably got frustrated because he gave up TD after TD, and on AllMadden he could slow him down some and force a few punts, but could never get his own offense going).

Which is better?

No Streaming Account
  8. EQUIFAX

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification XBJ!

No Streaming Account
  9. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    for me it is kind of like ncaa. that game can get so frustrating with the drops and such. playing good d like i did when i played va tech for example was no real consolation. i'd rather score points.

No Streaming Account
  10. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem. It's more of an unwritten sportsmanship type of thing and how to be a gracious winner. If you have someone completely killed and they have no chance of coming back, don't rub it in their face by continuing to throw the same corner patterns deep into the 2nd half. Mix in a few runs on 1st and 2nd downs and throw on 3rd if you absolutely have to in order to keep the ball.

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think they drop balls on all skill levels though, that's just that game and college kids running patterns rather than millionaires.

I can get over the better AI in the secondary on All Madden. In fact, it would be a welcome improvement to slow down some of the passing game... but if it comes at the expense of not being able to run the ball, that's no good either. So far I haven't really seen that on All Madden. Each time, I've been able to run the ball pretty well, even on dives and stuff up the middle when they played 4-3 and didn't spread.

Again, offline is another story, the AI cheats on All Madden and w/o slider tweaking it's a joke of a difficulty level.

I'm going to get some games played in a little bit with Burnt and hopefully MP too, and I'll try out 7min/All Madden with them and see if we can run it at all.

No Streaming Account
  12. EQUIFAX

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that either way you go there is going to be some discrepancy. The main thing is to have fun but from what I have seen there are some competitors here who don't like to lose.

It forces you to get better with your timing and go through your progressions, understand the defense you are seeing, and on defense be confident with your calls. PRACTICE!

This is the first madden that I can remember in all my years where you really have to practice not just in situations but actually use the practice mode. Look at what they like to call when you view their career and take it seriously.

Take advantage of games like rushing attack because ea didn't just put it in there for a mini game. It really does help you get better in your running game. Use the mini camp modes and practice precision passing. Practice USER CATCHES AND USER PICKS!

I want my game to get tighter each and every time. The Law of Large Numbers says that you are going to win and sometimes you are going to lose. I rather be on the winning side though more! LOL!

If you think you are the MAN come get your credibility checked!

:fdal: :fnyj: :fcar:

No Streaming Account
  13. PAPERNUT

PAPERNUT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like we should have a vote!

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll agree with Kev on this part. I haven't really tested either level since I've only played about 9 games so far. But here's what I wrote in the NCAA forum and I think it applies to what Kev is trying to say:

Um, :laugh: , I don't think I know anyone that really enjoys this to be honest :? . We always go through rules discussions before the leagues start. It's good for the leagues. There's always going to be counterpoints to any discussions which is a good thing. So far, everyone that is posting in here, are stand-up individuals and take or give their lumps as sportsman. There's reasons these guys get into the leagues, and that is because they earn the respect by being good competitors. Now, that doesn't mean they're good players necessarily, it just means they are good people to play with ;)

No Streaming Account
  15. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mean I agree, alot of the comments but very much a true statement about using what is in the game. "If it is in the game it is in the game" They don't say that for no reason. This is one of the most detailed, realistic, and simulated games I have ever played. I mean if you don't use your tools and know your team then you won't know who to take advantage of. This is just like the measuring tool in ncaa ( to see who is rattled, can't think of it right now) You must know your team and play with them, use your packages and know the game. As far as someone wanting to score more than play good d I think the defense is very much over looked in sports games. If you have a good d then you will put up numbers. In these games the odds are pretty high that if you start stuffing your opponent he will get rattled and start trying to for things. Therefore getting the ball in great field position. I played 2 good game yesterday and I was down but I knew my defense would eventually prevail and cause some turnovers, the game was alot closer than the score says.

The morale is we need to all get some games on all madden with someone not CPU and see what we think the differences are, and take advantage of what is in the game.

I am going to be on at about 3:30 if someone whats to try it out.

No Streaming Account
  16. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont know how this came about ..

Man i went 5-11 with the cardinals last year.. and im with the texans this year.. I already know that there will probably be more losses than wins..

But i dont see where you would get the idea that people here are poor sports because they lose.. Its more showing alittle class when your winning by 50-20... Its not the players, ive played windless and he's a good gamer.. and good to play... That's not the purpose of this thread.. The purpose of this thread was get attention on the fact that scores were getting out of hand and something needs to be changed...

The fact that Windless and Equifax have shown they can do alot with this game just makes me as an competitor want to get better and not make my name on the schedule an "easy win"...

This thread had nothing to do with being sore losers... I didnt get beat by that much and if i did i would seriously want to redeem myself..lol But Equifax, having said that you think theres guys in here that dont like lose, i will now say what i really think..

It's a good player that knows when he has his opponent beat and takes his foot off the accelator and coast to the win... But a guy that has to prove his so called "credibility" or his man hood by putting it to opponents of lesser talent needs a class in sportsmanship...

70-20 scores are high school scores...

No Streaming Account
  17. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Thanks Juji !!! :D

Your alright in my book too!

No Streaming Account
  18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    College too! I've seen Miami do that many times. There are other schools too.

19. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    ROFL - Not this Miami !!! :wink:

But I would have looked more at Oklahoma or even Nebraska in their HayDays !!!

No Streaming Account
  20. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once people get a big league should we do a global sub and put the practixe squad in. I don't think anyone means this but I mean I do see a need for sportsmanship and all but I don't think that the size of scores should indicate the type of sportsmanship by the opponent. I think as I have put up a couple high scoring games but in none of the did I really talk trash even against socal. I put in a thread that I would let the stats do my talking. But if the team gets down and start throwing pick what are you to do if you have a seam straight to the endzone, would ty law run out of bounds. Would preist holmes run and dive in the endzone if he broke a dive, I don't think so. If a player can not stop you no matter what you do, what are you to do?

No Streaming Account