Media Questionnaire From Our AHLER'S V2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Im4thLineWorthy, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Here's a deadline questionnaire answered by a few memebers. Not as many got back to me but I want to get this out before deadline is over.

Again, this is anonymous.

If you wanna be asked questions for the next set, just PM me or comment below.

ENJOY.

1. Do you wish it was still a 1 V 8 seeding instead of top 4 in each division? Even though this is a sim league I am sure some think this should change. Whats your thoughts?

Yes, bring on 1 v 8 seeding, we play our division enough no reason to have to run through it again in playoffs. New matchups are fun and some divisions have better #4 teams than other divisions #1

2. We are in deadline weekend and there have been some fun trades and some odd trades. Do you enjoy deadline weekend?

I usually enjoy deadline weekend but this seasons was kinda weak tbh

3. Who squeaks into the playoffs or makes it in that’s not in playoffs right now? Or they staying the same?

I think Milwaukee and Charlotte will both make playoffs

4. What is your opinion on strength of schedule being a big factor in skill? It is NHL 19 and anything can happen but do you think it should have a big of factor for awards as it does now?

Strength of schedule is irrelevant because you can play shitter lines on the best teams, almost impossible to predict

5. Which team do you think is making the biggest splashes on deadline?

Stocktons Drama

6. After deadline we see teams throw in the towel, people go on IR, ECU, FFs (sometimes). Do you think there is a way for LG to prevent this from happening?

Impossible, been that way since day 1

7. Are more Trapes coming? Or are the big moves done?

Think trades are all done, teams get scared for last second moves

8. Is Dimitri still your MVP or even Eddie after quitting out of a game and being traded right after?

Think Dimitri gets too much hype and talk look at his real numbers....

Beats shitters loses to top teams

Bridgeport - Shutout LOSS
    Hartford - Shutout LOSS
    San Diego - LOSS

Congrats you beat Bakersfield , Iowa, Milwaukee and Tucson....

1. Do you wish it was still a 1 V 8 seeding instead of top 4 in each division? Even though this is a sim league I am sure some think this should change. Whats your thoughts?

As it is a sim league, I think its best that LG follows the same playoff format as IRL. But I do believe that the 1v8 seeding is better than going based off top 4 of the divisons.

2. We are in deadline weekend and there have been some fun trades and some odd trades. Do you like deadline weekend?

Trade deadline weekend is one of the most fun parts of the season. Always fun seeing teams blow up when they're right on the edge of playoffs

3. Who squeaks into the playoffs or makes it in that’s not in playoffs right now? Or they staying the same?

If the Cuda keep losing, I think the Condors can find a way in

4. What is your opinion on strength of schedule being a big factor in skill? It is NHL 19 and anything can happen but do you think it should have a big of factor for awards as it does now?

I think strength of schedule is important but shouldn't be a make or break for an award. Matchups are mostly chosen by mangers, not the players

i mean texas sucks but they pretty much traded their entire roster if that counts lmao

6. After deadline we see teams throw in the towel, people go on IR, ECU, FFs (sometimes). Do you think there is a way for LG to prevent this from happening?

Maybe stricter NML rulings for teams out of it after the deadline. Its a tough situation because no one wants to play for a shitty team with 2 weeks left

Oh yeah, people are gonna get sweaty on Sunday and some big moves will be made

8. Is Dimitri still your MVP or even Eddie after quitting out of a game and being traded right after?

Dimitri is the best dman in the A regardless of being traded. If he keeps up his current pace its a no brainer

Thanks for doing this media 4th, its appreciated <3

#3 (Not sure what happened to the format for this one LOL)

1. While it sucks a lot of quality teams miss playoffs each season. We are a SIM league and I think mirroring the real AHL is the way to go. It makes the Western Pacific a shit storm season after season :)

2. We are in deadline weekend and there have been some fun trades and some odd trades. Do you like deadline weekend?

As a manager I love deadline weekend. It's always fun to see how teams shake out and to retool your team and work some trades with some teams looking to move their guys to playoff teams.

There's a tight race going on in the East rn. Wouldn't mind seeing my pal Neil help propel his WBS team into a playoff spot. I know theyve been busting their asses this deadline trying to improve

NHL 19 anyone can win any given night. It all depends on who traps the best and who gets the bounces. It's an unfortunate state for the Sports Title we choose to spend our time playing but no sports game is perfect. Well maybe NFL Street but this is hockey

Lol Stockton. Nobody's safe.

Personally I think IR is lame. Especially if you're a manager. You know before the season starts if you're going on vacation or not etc so why does it always seem it's after the deadline? I think if a player wants to go on IR after the deadline they should have to either provide proof or say they plan on doing it before the season starts somehow.

Trapes are done I think but their could be some more big moves happening. I'd love to see it.

There's no denying the impact Dimitri has had on every team he's been on in his career and Stockton is no exception. I think it really depends on how he finishes his season in Rochester. I'm not sure who is a clear cut choice for MVP though after Dimitri. Someone is gonna have to step up in a big way these final three weeks

This doesn't even cross my mind ever TBH. Couldn't care either way on this one.

"Do you like deadline weekend" ... What the heck is this question? Lol

If I have to guess anyone I'd say the WBS Penguins will squeak into the playoffs.

Yeah, strength of schedule is important. It's not only taking the big games as far as teams in the standings go, but also the lines that the teams throw out. A lot of mid pack teams have a solid line. I don't know if points are super important against those teams, I think the W is more important. So if they have wins against those teams, and rack up the points against mediocre lines then that's fine.

I mean everyone would say the Stockton business right? Colorado shook things up as well.

Hard to say. More bans for players in those situations might help eliminate a few of those instances.

I think the majority of big moves have been done.

You can't give the MVP to him anymore right? Like someone said in the chatbox, when has the MVP ever been traded? Does that not void him from getting it at this point?

I do think it should be 1 v 8, you shouldn’t get punished for starting a season in the wrong division like Tuscon

I enjoy watching the trades go through, making them is tough

Playoff picture looks stable, maybe minor changes in the east, maybe if teams blowup to prepare for next season is where u could see changes

Schedule is a huge factor but with nhl 19 it’s never a guaranteed win

Eagles have shaken it up quite a bit, will be interesting to see how they do next week

You have to motivate them somehow, maybe with a mini tourney with the teams that miss

Probably with teams that have given up gifting their players, that’s where I could see trapes happening

Dimi wasn’t mvp to start, people r sleeping on zathaal, back 2 back

1. Do you wish it was still a 1 V 8 seeding instead of top 4 in each division? Even though this is a sim league im sure some think this should change. What’s your thoughts?

I always think it should have been 1 V 8. Real life too but this is a sim league, I get that. However, because it’s a video game, a top team in the EAST possibly playing another top team in round 1 or round 2 as opposed to the weakest team, I think is stupid. Let’s not forget there are teams in certain divisions that don’t make it because of their division but would make it in a different one. Teams are built different every season… its stupid there’s a chance you’re in the hardest division and don’t make it.

2. Were in deadline weekend and there have been some fun trades and some odd trades. Do you like deadline weekend?

I hate it. I don’t know how trades are allowed to go through for some of them. I get some people view talent differently but the top teams always know how to get good players for nothing.

3. Who squeaks into the playoffs or makes it in that’s not in playoff right now? Or they staying the same?

Chicago I think has a chance but that means so does Milwaukee. WBS I think can squeak in but they’ve been quiet on deadline and that’s not a good thing. You had the same team for 6 weeks and not in a spot. Charlotte has been quiet too. East might stay locked the way it is.

4. What is your opinion on strength of schedule being a big factor in skill? It is NHL 19 and anything can happen but you think it should have a big of factor for awards as it does now?

Its tough. Obviously, there’s players you can see that are going out of their way to scrub hunt. You can say its avail but You don’t run into that many non-playoff teams. I think as a player who signs up 9/9 can get screwed but I think how it should be looked is how many points or stats are given in a handful of games. Lets also start clicking on some of their playoff teams and see if they're even playing a good line....

Don’t think there has been a splash yet. I don’t think any team has gotten better. I think some teams actually got worse but didn’t help the team involved get any better. There was some risk trades that people make but why be risky when you cant fix something after deadline.

I think IR needs to have a deadline. I think it’s a loophole to play 2 less weeks for a shitty team. A guy goes on IR and still plays Xbox or goes on LG is crazy. I don’t buy into IR… I think FFs in the final 3 weeks needs to have a punishment… especially on managers and lastly, I think ECU for people who no show should only need 2 strikes in a week to get the ban.

Of course, there hasn’t been one yet.

Nope. I seen nothing but cancerous attitude now out of Dimitri. Best Dman doesn’t quit. and if you aren’t the best at your position how can you be the most valuable player?

In the spirit of the sim league, no. Unfortunately I was on one of those teams recently that had more points than an entire division, but didn’t make playoffs, and that was disheartening. At the same time though, we should have played harder and got in our own division.

Trade deadline is always a good time. There usually a lot of moving pieces, trapes, and ones that make you scratch your head. It’s definitely all in good fun.

I think teams like Bakersfield, Cleveland, and Milwaukee have a good shot to make it in. Bakersfield and Cleveland have been on fire the last couple of weeks, and Milwaukee has a couple of ahl lifers that know what it takes to make playoffs. Don’t count them out.

I think it definitely matters, but at the same time, it’s not the best way to tell if that player is the most deserving. I’ve personally played with most players in this league, but when I play with these guys that are “top” players, I scratch my head wondering why they are given that moniker. Some are definitely good, but others just are on good teams that couldn’t carry bad players on bad teams.

Stockton. They are due to get gifted another 1-3 “top” players and in return only give up a couple tcs. It happens every season. I don’t know if Dunks just gives some bomb ass dome or what, but that team always gets gifted good players. The best part is when the trades go through, and it’s a top player for a tc, and another team is in the shoutbox bitching “I OFFERED WAY MORE THAN THAT”. That’s my absolute favorite.

There really isn’t. I know the league started a couple of seasons ago cracking down on this, giving out harsher bans, and even putting those managers on NML. This definitely helped cut back on the amount of times this happened, but it still does. I don’t think it’ll ever stop tbh, just because of the amount of children and adults that act like children that don’t get their way. I hope the league just keeps dropping the bans and going from there.

As of writing this, it’s only Saturday. So, I think there will still be a couple more. I bet all of those trade requests are pouring in right now. Those players that want to play on playoff teams but are on shitters, I’m sure will get gifted. Stockton is still due for some gifts as previously noted.

No chance. The way he acted was completely unacceptable. Granted, I know he’s only like 16, but that’s not how a MVP acts. MVPs don’t quit out of games they are losing, and then no show the next game against a bottom feeder. He should have been banned along with Reiders. To be honest, I’m actually SHOCKED Stockton even traded him. I fully expected them to keep him because most teams in this league don’t have the balls to ban a “top” player when they act like this. Then again, to each their own.

Thanks for having me 4th.

Yes...I think that its crap that certain teams get left out when they are clearly better than others...

Yea its intriguing to see who freaks out the most and overpays for a player.

I think Bakersfield and Cleveland will Squeak out playoffs spots.

As for awards...do they look into this for pro sports? No...its to hard to prove. You could catch other top teams 3rd lines every game.

Rochester/Stockton had the biggest name splashes....but I also like what WBS is doing.

Unfortunately no...there really isnt a good way to punish people for doing this. People are not getting paid unless they are Gilleh.

I think we will see one more big move.

I do not think he was before hand. He is a great player...but I dont think he affects the outcome of games more than players like 4th, Jared, Nylander etc...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I banned @Gilbzey in s27 for quitting right before playoffs.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    F for Dimitri guys.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    I quit a game with 3 mins left then skipped the next one. @Dimitri x 91 I turned out fine. One of us got away with it tho :( @l SaIty I

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Neil x 25

Neil x 25 Former AHL Cover Boy #BACK

Ratings:
    +485 / 53 / -53
    #3 I wanna know who you are now

No Streaming Account