HeadLine Quick Wrap 1 v 1

The Brodie McDonald interview

1. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    Quick Wrap 1 v 1 - The Brodie McDonald interview.

[​IMG]

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333446178##

Hey guys so guess who still struggles with technology? New comp no lag but I somehow lost the first 6 mins of audio. Either way it's a great interview with lots of insight so give it a look. ***UPDATE*** Twitch takes their copyright infringement seriously. Guess I will need to change the music for the opening of the show as Lil Wayne isn't too enamored with me using "Uproar" as the official song of Quick Wrap. I'm gonna get this flawless soon enough guys. ​

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    notoriousfat00
  2. PROfesser waLsh

PROfesser waLsh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 6 / -12
    This was great to watch and listen to. It's really nice to get some insight on how things work over at ea, and how the role of the game changer works. Thanks @NotoriousFAT 00 and @LG McDonald . Obviously i'm sure Mcdonald is very busy, but getting an update like this once in a while is really nice. Interesting too that there is actually no momentum system, cause it sure does feel like it sometimes lol.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Sorry, I got lost and thought this show was going to be about birth control. Macros out.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    We are likely repeating this effort in week 9 as a sort of wrap up of the season. Get your questions ready for then! It's awesome of @LG McDonald to give of his time for all of us and give us some insight instead of us all guessing and spreading rumors.

• Useful Useful x 2
    notoriousfat00
  5. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I understand how people feel that way. There are times in hut where I am feel as if there is one as well.

It there is nothing coded into these games.

Some people may doubt me, but let’s keep in mind as one example I’ve known about CC not being in the launch title since May.. I’ve know the date of the patch since July.. so obviously they have trusted me enough for a lot important information so why would they keep me in the dark for this?

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17

First off, thanks for doing the interview and I will disclaimer in saying I don't think there is any true momentum.

However, EA was up front and gave you information that others also eventually got. You just got it well in advance. Something such as momentum being in the game is an entire different level of confidentiality because it would basically confirm that at some point during the game EA gives someone an advantage and eliminates a portion of the skill gap. They wouldn't want anyone knowing that.

TLDR - there's a difference between getting info earlier that we all get anyway than getting info we normally wouldn't get at all. I don't think there is momentum but if there is, EA would forever try and keep that in house.

No Streaming Account
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I can understand the perspective that it looks like there is in they may with hold from us. But keep in mind I’ve signed legal documents with a multi million dollar company... forget about the legal ramifications if I leaked info I’d lose the contacts I have now which have allowed our league to grow

They also have been pretty vocal that momentum wasn’t in the game. When it was introduced in 14, it was legit on the back of the box that it was introduced as a new game play mechanic.

When they jumped to next gem everything had to be rebuilt hence why eashl wasn’t in 15. Therefore the momentum system with all of its negative feed back was left to die on gen 3 consoles

LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. PROfesser waLsh

Ratings:
    +148 / 6 / -12
    I thought hearing about the timelines over at ea made it helpful to understand why things we want are often missing in the game. It doesn't excuse EA as a whole, but it definitely helps excuse the limited staff working on the project from year to year imo. P.S Still really hoping for a solid club practice feature sometime in the future. Where teams can work on plays and systems a little bit. Maybe we can control the scenario a bit, place pucks on the ice, pylons, A.I or something.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    That sounds like a pretty cool feature with the interactive items. Unlikely, But cool.

notoriousfat00
  10. PROfesser waLsh

Ratings:
    +148 / 6 / -12
    I'm sure it would be a fair amount of work to implement something like that, I just feel like if the game truly wants to eventually be an ESPORT 6v6, it would be a great feature to help elevate the skills/strategies of the players, hence making the league/players more competitive, creative, etc. I'm sure some people will laugh, and think its dumb and would never want to practice lol, but I bet some of the top teams would take advantage of it. Especially if there were big money tournaments etc.

I also agree the menu system is a bit ridiculous and forgive my laziness, but it would be nice if you could just click "club dressing room" right at the starting menu lol.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    It was eye opening for me as well to see how little time they have to build a game.

I agree it doesn't excuse things, and they need us to continue to hold them to the highest standards to ensure they continue to make efforts.

I've always wanted them to model practice after NBA and how they handle the outdoors stuff. It would be cool to have a "free skate" option from the DR while you wait.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. Donnnnyyyy

Donnnnyyyy Meatball

Ratings:
    +133 / 16 / -16
    You said once in that interview that this game is geared towards defense in relation to EA nerfing the LT. Right now playing defense is an absolute hot steaming pile of dog shit . This game was better when skating wasn’t nerfed, pokes out of position were trips ( this is better now) and when stick lift and hitting actually worked. This forced players to move the puck quick on offense. Now it’s gone back to being immune to bumps and hitting when holding the puck to the side and stick lift being disgustingly broken. I’ve never seen a game get worse and worse after launch with each update.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account