HeadLine Quick Wrap Late night Special

The Jonas Petersen Confession

1. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Well the second tag won 25 games, so yes we all agree. 50pts from Gryffindor.

• Like Like x 2
    iMackie21
  2. x BeIt

x BeIt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 9 / -1
    I get that this league is monitored by a bunch of mouth breathers, but there's a way to punish people without disrupting dozens of others and the entire standings in a league. I bet if you rev up that big thinker you can figure it out too.

No Streaming Account
  3. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    If the penalty for second tagging is not severe, we go back to the days of second tags being in every team league wide which was a headache and just plain stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  4. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    I never said it was okay, I said punish the player, not the team. To me, him having the Rishkoi account has no bearing on the standings as they are. You're punishing the other Tucson players/management when they had 0 knowledge of the situation. It just doesnt seem fair when you consider the 2nd tag in this case has 0 impact on the players salary and 0 effect of the outcome of games, hes simply just playing under the tag hes established at the G position.

GiveMeDaPuck
  5. GiveMeDaPuck

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    to add to this, what's to stop someone from using this as a troll move in the future? just sign up a 2nd tag and then get all of your wins erased under your main one...you want to talk about setting bad precedent in an online community full of trolls

GiveMeDaPuck
  6. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Yes, take a 3s ban that is permanent unless you pay $100 to troll people. I can see everyone doing that! :facepalm:

iMackie21
  7. GiveMeDaPuck

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    if you didnt care about playing in the league why not? also, not like it's difficult to manipulate IPs...

GiveMeDaPuck
  8. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    If you don't care you'd quit or no show anyways so.... And this is why the penalty is so severe. Thanks for pointing it out. Appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  9. x BeIt

x BeIt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 9 / -1
    "The penalty should be severe" should not always mean "the penalty should include others"

The competitive advantage gained from Jonas having that 2nd account is zero, it doesn't exist. There are way more egregious competitive advantage situations caused by 2nd tagging where ruining dozens of random players' seasons and altering the standings for the entire league would make sense.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Mxckie

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    There is literally one penalty. If I second tagged (made a second tag to go under the radar, this is something that was or could have been done in this instance) and got caught while on a team with people I liked, and there was no hard evidence linking my GM or anyone else to it, would I rat them out and ruin everyone elses season? No.

That is why you can't change the penalty. Because in situations like this one (and i am in no way saying Tucson did know, I doubt they did with Murph on their team) the player caught would just say nobody know and that would be the end of it because there is no proof. Nobody gets fucked, life goes on.

Like it or not, Rishkoi was actually a well known player after his season with GRG. Goalie is a brain dead position. If you're good at a skater position, you'll be a good goalie. Pretty sure that was proven with me. I RFA'd because I didn't wanna play for Horty and got 3 bids in RFA without even touching the position before RFAing. I ended up being in the Bastien talk and having one of the best G seasons that whole year, not just that season.

The penalty for all second tag incidents needs to remain the same across the board for the simple fact people will abuse it for their friends if it is not, just like every other rule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    iMackie21
  11. Saucing Pucks

Saucing Pucks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 16 / -21

There are tons of 2nd tags in every league already lol

12. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,164 / 9 / -45
    I didnt watch this shit cuz it sounds stupid and seems like a huge waste of time but I will say this.

If the games from this season are being overturned than the Calder cup win should be removed from the s28 team and given to their opponent.

As far as my opinion is concerned a game should only be overturned if and only if a team has gained a distinct competitive advantage, unavailable to other teams, from having the 2nd tag on their team. Example, if pigsonjupiter had a 2nd tag that i knew of and I drafted him. Every game that was played under that 2nd tag should be overturned but not the ones under pigs. In the case of Jonas he gave no competitive advantage to Tucson that would justify over turning any game. Does he deserve to be banned for circumventing the very clear one tag rules? Yes. But every team had the opportunity to pick Jonas up, with the knowledge that he was a good goalie.

So the games should not be overturned regardless of any stupid arguments about punishment. The player was punished. However, the player did not provide a competitive advantage that was not made available to every other team. Every team knew he was good, every team passed on bidding more than 1.25mil.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    2nd tags are probably biggest concern LG has because it gives some teams competitive advantages and it also takes away a spot for someone in the league who is playing by rules. We all know it's impossible for BOGS and LG McDonald to police it by itself. It falls on all of us.

With the league trying to be transparent about this kind of stuff, would the idea of opening this up to a community vote be an option? It could even be moreso a veto system. We the community would be kind of like congress except useful. So McDonald could make the ruling and then post the situation and if 70% of votes are in opposition to his stance, it could be overruled? I admit that isn't nearly expansive enough as what if only 15 people vote and 12 are from Tucson?

The main point though is maybe there is a way we as a community can have an impact that enables us to take these 2nd tag cases on a more case by case basis so as to minimize impact on others when possible and still come down hard on 2nd tags

OFF TOPIC:

@WMoistIsAPuss you think goalie is a brain dead position?! How bout a little less talking and more of the 4 goal games and carrying me .

No Streaming Account
  14. Tatawaka

Tatawaka why do people claim me...

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    “Democracy” is never a good option for online leagues. Bottom line is 2 players broke some rules that in the past has been dealt a certain way. It sucks, but it is what it is.

The role of the community here is to whislte blow any doubts of second tags. If you think someone is second tagging you can ask for a check from whoever is in charge for that this season. When nobody speaks we all lose in the end. If everyone reported every tag we wouldn’t have an issue.

Again, if Tucson loses its points it really, really sucks. But don’t be mad at the league, be mad at the 2 guys who knew about the tags and failed to either admit or speak about possible tags.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Tatawaka

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    No Streaming Account
  16. POTU5

POTU5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 19 / -17
    Came here to say the same thing

• Like Like x 1
  17. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    The second you make the rule more subjective, you also open the door to more favoritism, accusations of favoritism, and countless hours of arguing over shades of gray.

If the consequences weren't severe, managers and players would be exponentially more likely to take their chances with it.

Be mad at the people who broke the rule and all the people who knew about it but didn't say anything earlier.

Was this something that could have been caught earlier by LG? Did he have two active user accounts on leaguegaming.com that should have been caught much earlier by regular automatic duplicate IP sweeps?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Tatawaka

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account