"How To" Retiring and Coming Out Of Retirement?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,588 / 68 / -508
    Retirement and unretirement is only an option during a set period of time during the off-season! When the window opens, players are eligible to retire and unretire as they feel. Once the window closes, players will NOT be eligible to return to the league until the following off-season.

For Season 10, the retirement window is open from Jan 11 5 pm EST until Jan 31, at 5 pm EST. This deadline ALSO applies to players who wish to UNRETIRE!
    Here are the quick steps to show how retiring and unretiring work.

1. Retirement Options In The Action Center
      • Players who are under contract or free agents are eligible to retire for the season.
      • Players who wish to retire need to do so via the Action Center, under our "Request" option.
      • [​IMG]
      • REGARDLESS OF WHAT LEAGUE A PLAYER IS PLAYING IN, PLAYERS ON XBOX ALWAYS NEED TO RETIRE FROM THE LGHL, AND PLAYERS ON PSN NEED TO RETIRE FROM THE LGHL PSN!
      • [​IMG]
      • A successful retirement results in a stand on a player's news feed located on his or her profile!
    2. How Do I Unretire?
      • The system has now been updated to handle unretirement automatically.
      • For a player to unretire all he or she has to do is sign-up again for the season!
      • [​IMG]
      • To sign up, head to the "How Do I" section of the website located in the top left hand corner of the website.
      • From here sign up like you normally would.
      • A successful sign up AFTER you retire will display like this on your profile news feed.
      • [​IMG]
      • Bottom note shows I signed up 17 hours ago. Second note from the top shows I retired from the league 17 hours ago. Finally the news note, one hour ago shows I signed up for the season again.
      • The top left hand corner shows and exact date and time, to see that all a user has to do is scroll over the league icon located before the line of text in the news feed.
    3. Additional Information
      • AS STATED, ALL PLAYERS WHO TRY TO UNRETIRE AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE INELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THAT SAME SEASON REGARDLESS IF THE PLAYER IS UNDER CONTRACT OR IS A FREE AGENT!
      • I'd recommend that players who are unsure if he or she wants to play next season and are a free agent to NOT SIGN UP for the league RATHER THAN retire from the league. This will allow these users to sign up later on in the season. This would obviously only apply to players who are deemed a free agent.
      • Prospect players who would be heading to the NHL Entry Draft will be entered into the draft REGARDLESS if the player retires or not. This is to ensure prospects are not avoiding the NHL Entry Draft by retiring.
      • When a player retires, he or she does NOT have their contract frozen. Their contract will continue. As an example, if I am on a 3 season contract, with 2 seasons remain entering into Season 10 and I retire, it would mean that I will have a 3 season contract with one season remaining if i unretire to play season 11.

Any questions related to retirement can be sent to @LG McDonald. Any site technical issues surround retirement can be sent to @Tris10

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.