Revisiting the Western Pacific Predicitions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Dec 3, 2019.

?

Who gets the 4th playoff spot?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2019.
  1. Bakersfield

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Stockton

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. San Jose

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  4. Palm Springs

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I’ve never taken the time to do this in the past so after 8.5 weeks of play lets revisit my predictions I made in early October before week 1 and see how I did. We’ll start with the Western Pacific as before and will release them day by day up to Friday.

1. Colorado Eagles

Division Pre-Ranking: 1

Current Ranking: 1

As expected, the eagles sit alone in 1st place with no threat of being taken going into the last week of the season. These guys won’t know there round 1 opponent most likely until the last night of the season.

2. Tucson Roadrunners

Division Pre-Ranking: 4

Current Ranking: 2

In my pre-rankings I jokingly said score some goals, however that doesn’t seem to be the case with this team as they still most likely win those greasy 1 goal games with a 22-5-8 record in 1GG. This team is the only one with a winning record in a playoff spot with under 200 goals scored so this team is solid defensively and in the twine.

3. Ontario Reign

Division Pre-Ranking: 3

Current Ranking: 3

What looked to be a rough start by this team starting out slow they bounced back nicely almost guaranteeing themselves a playoff berth given the carousel circus that is the 4th spot. Fortunately for the reign they play in the pacific as if they were in the east, they would not be holding a playoff spot at this time.

4. Bakersfield Condors

Division Pre-Ranking: 8

Current Ranking: 4

At the time of writing this they own the tie-breaker virtually by the amount of regulation wins I believe over 5th place. While this team currently occupies the last playoff spot in the west, I don’t think they will be joining the rest of the teams when the dance begins at the end of next week. Note* I ranked this team last when Game Seven was at the helm and he quit after like week 2 when they were in last. So, kudos to the turn around this team has had.

5. Stockton Heat

Division Pre-Ranking: 5

Current Ranking: 5

I had this team 5th for what I thought was going to be a more competitive division and yet this team still finds themselves in 5th due in large part to how weak the division is and the teams around them. Out of the 4 teams that are vying for the last spot I believe this team and one other which I’ll be mentioning next have what they need to clinch a playoff spot.

6. San Jose Barracuda

Division Pre-Ranking: 2

Current Ranking: 6

I’m not sure what I can say about this team, largely disappointing season for sure and I expected Eldo and Blindzy to be capable of being a playoff contender especially in such an easy division but nonetheless they are another of the four teams fighting for that last spot. These guys are the other team aside from Stockton I see getting into the Calder chase before seasons end.

7. Palm Springs Firebirds

Division Pre-Ranking: 7

Current Ranking: 7

These guys started off hot in a playoff spot for majority of the season and I’m not sure where it went wrong but they started to make some trades to potentially fix the problems which in turn didn’t make it any better. However, as mentioned above with the other teams they still have hope to make the playoffs in their first season and with 13 games to go every point matters.

8. San Diego Gulls

Division Pre-Ranking: 6

Current Ranking: 8

I wouldn’t necessarily consider this a disappointment as I predicted them to finish 6th but in a division where 4 thru 7 are fighting for the last playoff spot and this team is comfortably out of the race it is a bit disappointing. These guys didn’t have luck with the big contracts they won as most of them quit or were auctioned off. Better luck next season!

Playoff Teams Predicted Correctly: 3

Division Ranks Predicted Correctly: 4

Tomorrow will be the Western Central. Side note that these are accurate as of today the 3rd and am fully aware they will change.

Salty.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    Bridgeport for calder

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    popedavell
  3. C4NADA

C4NADA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    C4NADA#8873
    Ratings:
    +134 / 87 / -113
    My team is so bad

• Winner Winner x 2
    c4nada
  4. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 118 / -116
    • Winner Winner x 1
    the717clutch
  5. Game Seven W

Game Seven W Welcome From Hell

Ratings:
    +215 / 67 / -120
    When I had to leave my team was in 3rd spot. But I can take the blame that this team has become a shit show.

TurezZz