Roddick U.S. Open Champ.

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Tris10, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Roddick U.S. Open Ch

I'll admit, i thought he was a one-sided player. I thought he was only good for his server and couldn't play a baseline match but he really proved me wrong. He played a strong match vs Ferrero who i thought would win in 4 sets.

Ferrero is now ranked #1 in the world and Roddick #2, Looks like its out with the old in with the new. The only thing i could have asked for was a longer match.

2. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Roddick is my boy, and he played great. Ever since he changed coaches, he is looking like a better player everyday.

He has his game tuned to the point that he doesn't really have a weakness to pick on.

-He stands back on his serve to get more time to take an aggressive swing, which the bad part is that you can serve him out wide - but at 6'2'', he has great reach.
    -His back hand is really solid to the point where he can hang in the point until he gets to unload with his forhand
    -He is not scared of the net, and is also very capable playing up there
    -And he also has a 140+ MPH server

All that will equal grand slam championships!

No Streaming Account
  3. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Roddick is still a bit one sided - he doesn't have the all around game of Federer (but then again who does?). He could improve the backhand quite a bit. Ferrerro was fatigued for the Roddick match - I think that played into it a bit. But with a regular 130/140 serve - that's tough to beat.

No Streaming Account
  4. jackBURTON

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One other thing Roddick could stand to improve on is the construction of his points. Through the US Open it appeared he was trying to hit the ball as hard as possible instead of setting up the point ALA Agassi. Watching the old man set an opponent up on points is a thing of beauty.

No Streaming Account
  5. jackBURTON

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone check out the coverage on USA channel? That new technology they have (for line calls) is fantastic. I'm wondering why the networks didn't adopt it - it's incredibly precise. They stuck with the 'ol MacCam - which still gives a blurry look at line calls. Does anyone know what technology they were using? Do the balls have chips in them or something?

No Streaming Account