Roster Reset for NHL 20

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Apr 12, 2019.

?

Do you think there should be a roster reset for NHL 20?

1. Yes

77.1%
  2. No

22.9%
  1. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Should be reset.

Lots of ridiculous contracts out there especially on a few teams. Would promote more top players to take management to avoid being bid up crazy high.

eamonnjcf
  3. Doanxr

Doanxr Can’t play cause of rumors

Ratings:
    +221 / 22 / -45
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 68 / -126
    At the end of the day roster resets won't fix anything. It would make the bidding pool more interesting sure but, it's inevitable that poor owners will always find a way to screw their teams up and the best owners will always prevail. Were essentially just putting everyone in bidding to get a handful of people that will go for cheap and the same known names will still go for high prices. To me it really doesn't even fix anything in the long run. Give it 1-2 seasons after the reset and all the top owners will be at the top still while all the bad owners will STILL build a bad team out of bidding and/or find other ways that they commonly seem to fail. it's just delaying the Inevitable for a interesting bidding pool.

PRIME EXAMPLE ( I'm sorry for including specific names)

Do you really think if theres a reset someone like VATTY will build a team just as well as someone like @CaLL Me Jakoo? No absolutely not, because no matter the talent available the best owners know what it takes to build a contender while others don't. It's just clockwork at this point boys...

All were essentially doing is terminating good contracts and spoling upcoming drafts that could be steal contracts for the next two seasons.

To me the only thing i'd consider turning back to is PAID AGM, whether that means 6-8 Million per free contract.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    You don't need a reset. Just get rid of resigns. problem fixed

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    NINETYElght
  6. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Paid AGM and Roster reset.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    If only the staleness of the NHL franchise could be saved with a roster reset...

That's the opposite of how resets work. Top players will think they can go cheaper in bidding because there's a larger pool of players to bid on.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  8. skyre6

skyre6 Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,163 / 9 / -45
    What is the point of a roster reset? Rosters basically reset every game anyway. (max contract is 3 seasons anyway, and most you can resign is 2...)

Managers come and go, contracts come and go, trades are made, people end up splitting up... What the fucks the point of a roster reset. Sounds dumb.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tom 0

Tom 0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104 / 13 / -34
    there is no limit to how many times you can re-sign.

some people have re-signed their 500k contract like 6 times and are still only like 3M

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    More empty roster spots going into bidding = More steals at the beginning of bidding

All empty roster spots = Moreee steals

Steals are bad. Instead of roster reset, do this:

-No more 3-season contracts

-Limit the amount of times a contract may be re-signed to one or two

• Like Like x 4
    brandovedo
  11. Tom 0

Tom 0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,104 / 13 / -34
    yeah to be fair

[​IMG]

the only real problem is no limit re-signs. change it to like 2 re-signs max and I think we are good, you could still lock a guy up for 5 seasons if you wanted to give him a 3yr off the bat.

not to single anybody out but I'm pretty sure kcut is still re-signing his 500k contract from like 10 seasons ago

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Need to reset to implement rules though or it gives other teams an advantage, just like last time

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  13. cnumartyr85

cnumartyr85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -8
    Fantasy snake draft instead of a regular bidding for the first 8-10 roster spots? All on set contracts based on draft position (based on previous seasons highest paid), 4 - 2 year contracts available, and only a single resign.

Just spitballing stuff to reset the rosters while preventing total steals in bidding.

cnumartyr
  14. TPForMyBungCole

TPForMyBungCole Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 12 / -15
    @SweeT 9 LoU 84 I've spoken on this before and never got my voice heard cause I've only been around for a few seasons and I'm new to the NHL Level. However, it would certainly work with a few fundamental rules implemented. Afterall, we have the perfect league to model it against... the NHL. Before we get to the rules let's first discuss the counter-arguments against the roster reset.

1. I won't get to play with all of my buddies anymore. How many guys in NHL get to play with the same guys for prolonged times? If you do, you pay the price (Ex: Patty Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Crawford, etc...).

2. Some good players won't always make playoffs every season or will rot. Who makes the playoffs every season? Several good players had seasons on "Bad" teams (Tavares on Isles or O'Reilly on Sabres).

3. They will need to raise the cap. Not really it truly doesn't matter what the cap is. It could be 75 Mil, 35 Mil, 1 Mil; it doesnt matter. You will just need to fix bidding increments around salary cap and economies of scale (microeconomics 101) will solve it all. More players in bidding = lower caps for guys now and players truly worth money will get the money.

4. Some guys will have bad contracts. That happens now (Jake Allen or Steen on Blues). Not everyone is a steal for price. Sometimes guys don't live up to their worth.

5. People will run out of Cap. Maybe people should know when to stop bidding up because they really want a guy and trade for him.

Now what rules WILL cause this to work? It's actually not Rocket Science by any means.

1. Team's will still have same Management structure. 1 Owner, 1 GM, 1 paid AGM. Everyone else goes into bidding.

2. If you over bid on a player. Say 6 Mil, you can't waive them just like real life. Sorry you spent to much on a bust and can't just shed cap. You can only move the cap by trading them.

3. Resigns will occur at end of season, but with a much better twist. You will have Restricted FA and Unrestricted FA. Who would of thought?!?! You are a restricted FA through your first resign period (70% of NHL Season) and will be able to resign no questions asked. Now, here is how it works you can resign to whatever contract length you like but at a price. 1 season = 500k increase on contract price, 2 = Mil, 3 = 1.5 Mil, 10 = 5 Mil, etc... be smart with your money and if they accept.

4. Unrestricted FA. After first season and resign you get Unrestricted status. Here's how it works. Teams will put down blind bids on you. At end, 3 highest priced teams will be provided to player to pick from (give the player a say) and then they get to pick extra contract length at 250k increments per season on top of that price blind bid for 1 season.

5. You can choose to forego Free Agency and be rentered in the Bidding Pool

With this method I see alot of people coming back. Model it after real life. This is a work in progress and I'm sure there are some variables to workout, but the concept is there. Teams will be forced to build a team long term this way and realize its not a one and done process. People who deserve high prices get them amd people who get them cause scarcity, go back down. Get at me if you need help Brody and whoever to implement.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    Either reset... or, (preferred imo) remove resigns all together... both have roughly the same result short term. Having said that, if we have a reset and owners let the same ridiculous contracts happen, we'll all be clamoring for a reset again (literally) as early as the following season. There's bound to be steals every bidding - but they should be one-time steals, for that season. Not "forever" steals that last for season after season after season...

Also, I don't hate the idea of throwing in Seattle as a team this summer season - before NHL 20 drops. Why delay the inevitable..? At least we'll finally have an even number of teams across the four divisions.

Dirty_Jerrz
  16. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    Limit resigns that is all. Multiple season offers are nice for the dedicated owners who own more than a single season and get a steal in bidding. I like paid AGM

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Roster resets are dumb and the league will just end up falling back into the same cycle its had since inception. We had a roster reset when we transitioned from 360 to Xbox One but before that we had the same argument and same discussion with the exact same talking points. All you're doing with a roster reset is essentially punishing owners who want to put time and effort in to scout for quality cheap guys. Roster management is a large part of owning and managing a successful team, whether it be acquiring cheap players to resign, trading for players on multiseason deals or acquiring draft picks and actually playing with kids in the upcoming draft. Don't blame the system because you don't want to put the time or effort in to build a quality team. Every team has the same formula for contract distro, the same amount of DPs to work with and the same amount of resigns and everyone has access to the same bidding pool as everyone else. No one team has a clear advantage over another.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    DunksDynasty
  18. Huddy

Huddy Man.

Ratings:
    +248 / 50 / -144
    What about goalies

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord: