Roster Reset & League Structure Idea

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by RGDeded, Aug 10, 2021.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    As we all know nhl is expanding into more competitive leagues and at times good ol LGHL hockey seems to be fading but me being the brilliant person I am had an idea.

So my idea is basically to take your season stats to generate your player value which will give you a rough idea of your expected salary.

So now that we have a stats based salary we all know there is more than stats that go into player salary such as toxicity and availability but thankfully LG has so many lifers who will be able to make slight tweaks to players salary.

So now every player in the league has a salary and the next step is making teams. I was thinking some type of draft format.

Now every nhl team has been made the leftover go into ahl bidding. Obviously they werent good enough to get picked up so they will be call up eligible at league minimum.

2 and 3s contracts will still be a thing so it allowed ahl players and chl players to move up in the league but resigns will be based off the same formula used to generate the upcoming contract.

I know this is a shit ton of work and requires a ton of math but in the long run i think it can really take the league to the next level.

• Dumb x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. Wayne Kenov

Wayne Kenov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 9 / -19
    I bet you think boobs feel like bags of sand.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Farfadet92

Farfadet92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 12 / -29
    Maybe have a price breaket based on past seasons?
    Like take every 20 games + seasons played. Total pts divided by # seasons.
    And the base price would be X minimum and max Y.

• Troll Troll x 1
    farfadet92
  4. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Honestly it doesnt really matter how we get to what determines salary the big thing is getting player value out of owners hands because mgmt shows how incapable the majority of people are at bidding.

• Winner Winner x 1
    ReallyGooodDad