Round 1 stuff : )

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Gold Mete, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Lehk 31

Lehk 31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tyler89#0
    Ratings:
    +599 / 13 / -31
    Round 1 playoff thing
    Hello fellow LGers, hope you all had a fun or somewhat fun season! Nav and I are here to try and revive PSN media by dishing out some SPICY playoff write ups. Each round we will try to break down each series while mixing in one or a few hot takes, and obviously picking a winner. Now to start off we have the Eastern Conference ;

NJ v NYI
    DEVILS IN 6
    Forwards: Devils AINEC
    (and its not even close)
    Defense: Islanders slight edge
    Goalies
    : Islanders

Islanders have a solid first line that should win 1-2 games depending on how Gour decides to play match ups but after that islanders don’t have a full line they can count on. They have good players like Sweet9Lou and crazylish(decent) but they don’t have a third player that can make that line a threat. Also heard freeze isn’t sui-ing himself so that’s LOLS 6-20 Owner. Devils have elite top end talent that will be hard to contain for this islanders d core. Kush is a playoff nightmare for every owner he goes up against and this will be no different. Only way I see the islanders winning this series is if devils mediocre D core and goaltending choke.

Hot take : Whether this is a hot take or not, Devils goaltending will blow at least 1 game for one of the top lines

WSH vs NYR
    WSH IN 6

Forwards: Capitals
    Defense: Rangers slight edge
    Goalies: Capitals AINEC

This series will come down to how much the Capitals actually care. If they decide they’re done with LG/this season then the Rangers will win this series but if the caps all show up I don’t see anyway the Rangers can contend with the likes of Mclovin PTP Kerslake Sook Willie Spooer AND the two best goalies in the league. Rangers are known for choking when it matters against mediocre teams but this time they’re going up against one of the best teams in the league.

Hot take : Reap loses both games

TOR VS FLA
    Leafs in 5
    Forwards: Toronto

Defense: Toronto
    Goalies: Toronto

Arguably the best overall team built this season is Toronto. They have everything you need to contend for a cup. This exact buildup has won 3 of the last 4 cups. A top east first line and a solid west second line. I don’t see how this Florida roster can compete with this high end talent/depth over a span of 7 games. Ali will definitely win his games at home against what I assumed will be Florida’s sui line.

Hot take : TBA

TB V BUF
    Sabres in 7
    Forwards: Buffalo slight edge

Defense: Buffalo
    Goalies: Tampa slight edge

This might be the toughest series to call in the East. If Buffalo still had Sitful it would be a lot easier to predict them winning but without Sitful it’ll all come down to how Troak plays. Claus will likely win his two games against 2nd/3rd lines but the series will still come down to Troak, and imo Troak is one of the most improved players coming into NHL 19. Depending on how much help he’s provided (hasn’t been given much this season) he will carry the load for this Sabres team. If he goes 2-0 it’s over in 6. If he splits then this could easily go 7 games. Playoff Troak is a mad man tho, be careful Tampa.

Hot take : Hate to say this about a team I love but I see goal-tending potentially blowing an important game this series..

Now moving onto the West which is honestly extremely hard to predict considering how close and deep these teams are.

LAK vs SJS
    SJS in 7
    Forwards: Sharks slight edge

Defense: Sharks slight edge (v close imo)
    Goalies: Sharks

This series is extremely difficult to pick a clear cut winner imo. Both team are built very similar but its hard not to pick the Sharks as this roster has arguable upgraded a bit from last seasons cup run. As long as the Sharks continue with that aids style of play they should be able to end this series in 7.

Hot take : Same as most, I see LAK goal tending blowing a key game for them this series.

VGK vs CGY
    CGY in 7
    Forwards: CGY

Defense: VGK
    Goalies: CGY

This should be a very eventful series as both teams are very deep. CGY seems to be a little overrated imo as that west line isn't actually that great and heavily rely on the connection. Vegas has the fire power to stop that west line and then still stay competitive for the other match ups. Don't think its possible for this series to be a blow out but you never know with the bounces in this game. IF this series truly does go to 7, I expect Recki to put on a show and carry the Flames to the next round.

Hot take : CGY west line loses both, or at least one game. Overrated (SNS)

DAL vs COL
    COL in 6
    Forwards: COL

Defense: COL
    Goalies: DAL

This series will be very offensive. COL top lines are super powerful with a great top 4 to support. What Dallas lacks in D, they make up for it in nets where COL seemed to completely forget about during trades this season. Goalies will be an issue for COL this series and I fully expect Dallas to take full advantage of that. Players like Jodach aren't going to carry a line but he sure will make it hell for COL goalies with idiotic shots or moves in and around the net. Hot take : COL west line chokes a game and everyone will be on NOV's nuts like usual

VAN vs NSH

van in 6
    Forwards: VAN
    Defense: VAN
    Goalies: VAN

I might be wrong, but I seriously have no idea who half the Preds roster is. Maybe its from name changes and Im just not doing the right research but outside of that top line, who are you guys? Not to throw shots at you either but damn, I have no idea how this team came first in the league. When I look over to the Canucks I can actually recognize more than half this team if not all of it. Not that, thats always a good thing, but to me in this case it makes a big difference. Mamm did a great job building a much deeper team this season that finally made its way into loffs and I fully expect them to upset this preds team.

Hot take : Mamm goes 2-0

Now remember these are just our opinions and may be insanely wrong with everything but thats the beauty of it. Going to be lots of triggered people reading this and thats okay, I never respond in the comments anyway. Feel free to tell us how wrong we are all you like and prove us wrong in the end. Hope you all enjoyed the write up and dont take it to the heart too much. If anyone else would like to help in the future, feel free to contact me on discord (Lehk#3125), as we welcome as much help as possible. With that being said, good luck to all teams playing, wish my Wild could be there too. Dont forget to have fun : D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like x 22
    • Get Good x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    LehkXR
  2. ItsJodach

ItsJodach No more west

Ratings:
    +519 / 24 / -53
    First!

• Informative Informative x 1
    JodachTV
  3. mamm7216

mamm7216 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 7 / -13
    If I go 2-0, you should buy a lotto ticket

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. zRobb-_-

zRobb-_- The Wayne Gretzky of sexual stuff

Ratings:
    +448 / 35 / -101
    Vegas in 4

• Useful Useful x 1
    robshere
  5. Gamingfreak911

Gamingfreak911 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    It's not aids, it's called good team d.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    xgf911x
  6. xBrett16

xBrett16 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -6
    1 Down, 1 to go!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoughty8x#0
    Ratings:
    +390 / 34 / -48
    Don’t sleep on those preds

• Like Like x 2
    SmearedPap
  8. Mayor_35

Mayor_35 Sign up for LGFA Psn

Discord:
    mayor_35#0
    Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -4
    @Gold Mete That is ok, I have never heard of you either.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Mayor_35
  9. Parihse

Parihse Friends call me P

Discord:
    Parihse#8419
    Ratings:
    +415 / 7 / -32
    Always been a no name, will never stop being a no name. Got that banner tho, ka-chow

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    parihse
  10. JHughes86-

JHughes86- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frann8686#0
    Ratings:
    +75 / 3 / -19
    Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    These Preds salty eh? Who are you @Parihse ??? :sadegg:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Preds planning a parade for that central banner lol.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. JHughes86-

JHughes86- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frann8686#0
    Ratings:
    +75 / 3 / -19
    Nav smells like beeeeeef

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account