Round One Preparation

Discussion in 'Offical LGAHL PSN League News Archive' started by MCDONALD l19l, Jul 9, 2016.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,876 / 73 / -532
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/ahl-playoff-rules.237782/
    (Playoff Rules)

I have recently received some questions and want to give you all some clarification prior to the playoffs starting up.

#1 What happens if a player is ion IR?

Temporary call ups are not a thing anymore(even in the playoffs), therefore a player whom is on IR is required to be replaced for their games by an ECU.

#2 What are the ECU limits for the playoffs?

The ECU limits for the playoffs are that a player can ONLY ECU for MAXIMUM of ONCE per series AND for a MAXIMUM of twice during the entire duration of the four round playoff.

There is no restrictions applied to what the player's status is.

#3 Can I Make A Call Up?

The rules state coming into each round you are required to start the round with a complete 17 man roster. Therefore if you have a player removed during the playoffs, you will be eligible in between rounds to make a call up.

#4 Does the ECU limits reset?

Yes, the ECU limits reached during the season have no baring on the ECU limits for the playoffs.

#5 Can you between explain the ineligible player rules?

In a nut shell, each team is made up of three lines.

During the first four games of a series(obviously each series will go a MIN of four games) EACH player or each line must play once in the first four games.

Since everyone has to play ONCE in the first four games, obviously a line(or five skaters) will end up playing twice in the first four games. That means the other two lines(or 10 skaters) must play game five or six. That will ensure you have honor the playoff restriction rules(1 in 4 and 2 if 6).

The kicker that gets most guys in trouble is when they make subs. Obviously you can sub one skater per game, but keep in mind a sub doesn't count as a game for the player being removed; it only counts as a game for the player whom plays.

Therefore if you think about it, a player whom is scheduled for their first game in game four OR their second game in game six, CANNOT be subbed out. If you do sub them out, you technically did not honor the scheduling rules.

To make your life easier, and if you struggle with these concepts, my best suggestion is to use ECU players rather than roster subs. Every time you use an ECU, your roster player being replaced does NOT need to be rescheduled. But when you make a sub, the original player does need o be rescheduled.

These rules do appear to be complicated, but they have been around for over 7 years(21 seasons) and have been proven to provide the best simulation of a seven game series we can possible get.

Goalie limits are the same.

If you have questions, PLEASE ensure they get directed to myself, hadji rob and james!

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,876 / 73 / -532
    Just so everyone is clear the ecu rule is a player limit. The rule doesn't mean you guys as a team can only use one ecu per series. It means you can only use a certain player once per series. This already came up in a question I had.

LeagueGamingOfficial