S10 TOTW 1 Winners

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (LGFA)' started by BLUESfan1997, Jun 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BLUESfan1997

BLUESfan1997 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BLUESfan#1997
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -3
    Good evening everyone,

I just want to express this now before I even start the intro. I love this league. I love the people that are in it. This league has given me something that I didn't really have before I joined thanks to @Oso-Sic and @WinWitout4Knif3X , a sense of purpose, a joy of comradery, and community that I was able to connect over our combined hatred over a company and the game we all love to play. I joined in S7 with no experience in 11 v 11 and somehow I was able to find a chance that I earned, and soon I fell in love with the league itself. As time moved on, I took a management spot because I enjoyed the aspect of doing stats and how it was displayed here really excited me. After S8, entering S9 I wanted to join the Media Team and there was a chance for me to make it in. I really just wanted to do write-ups at first, but after doing the S9 Owners Introduction and how long it took me to do that, I questioned whether or not this was for me. Until we came up with the ideas of doing TOTW. I took my chance and at first, I thought of just doing a confirm and deny system on it. TOTW 1 was the result of that and it went well, but opinions flared and it forced someone off the Media Team. I was given the chance as Head of Media Team to try to turn it all around. So I ended up spending countless hours writing, typing and reviewing the stats for eligible players and with the help of @youssefzooki for shrinking the shortlist, the entire LGFA PSN Media Team in taking the time to cast their votes using a linear scale system, @lCerbl , @SweatyBreasts and @AZEVEDO2002 getting the cards out, and even reviving the podcast that @alonzi401 started way back when with @SoCalmAssassinMA , we were able to bring back the Media Team in a much better direction. Still, I knew that there can be more to be done to make it more enticing for everyone, seeing the development of the league grow tremendously. I plan on being more transparent with everyone here in the league on how the voting is done, and I will give honorable mentions to those who were close to making their way into TOTW. This team is now in it's second year, and to everyone that's in it, we stand united in giving the community something that no other community in LG can ever have, we give it our time and effort as a bunch of guys just putting their all into building something bigger than can ever be imagined. And with that, let's go ahead and show you our first TOTW in Season 10.

Oh and by the way, for those that will be inevitably flooding my inbox on why their TOTW card was left blank, if you were in the Recruiting Discord Server and did see the announcement about customizing your card to what you felt more personal to and chose to disregard it or not do it, then there you go. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...tXmKjzGNmTY7vy82j3Ciyz5Q/viewform?usp=sf_link So go, fill that out and work hard again so that you can get a better looking TOTW card!

So how the process starts is that I go through the squads for every team, there's 6 positions that you are eligible for (GK, FB, CB, DM, CM, ATT), the only requirement is that they play a minimum 2 games in one of those six positions. In the end, I had a list of 126 players eligible for TOTW. @youssefzooki who's my go to for reviewing stats shorted down the list to the 28 players that the LGFA PSN Media Team then chooses to vote for using a linear scale from 1st to however many people are in the running.

This is what the LGFA PSN Media Team sees when it comes to the stats for the Final Shortlist:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is how the voting results came out to be:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honorable Mentions:

As it was suggested to me by @TyPeCoRp after a very long discussion during my tribulations in TOTS work, he suggested that people love to see their names to see how close they came to be in TOTW. I realized that he was right and that I would be more willing to give out some sort of mention to those that came oh so close. So for positions that have 3 players in (1-2 point gap), 5 players in (1-3 point gap), and 7 players in (1-4 point gap) will have their spot here before the announcement of each TOTW.

Honorable Mentions for TOTW 1:

GK: @Inferno425
    FB: @j_carlos_44
    CM: @Twiztid7886

TOTW 1

GK: @XioGSheppy – VFL Wolfsburg

4 GP: 9 Saves (100% Save Pct.), 4 Clean Sheets [7.2 AMR]

No goals conceded, 2 saves a game average, he did what he needed for Wolfsburg as the last man, and he deserved his spot in the XI.

[​IMG]

LB: @Mattalo21uk – FC Union Berlin

4 GP: 7 INTs, 12/17 TKLs (70.6% Tackle Success %), 23 Possessions Won/18 Possessions Lost, 1 Clean Sheet, 36/42 Passes Completed (85.7% Passes Completion %) [8.0 AMR]

What a week indeed, This stat line speaks for itself, avoid Union's left side at all costs, because Matt will keep you in his back pocket for all 90 mins. I saw this stat line and thought "Damn, who is this guy, he's probably going to lead the voting for fullbacks", only to come find out that it was Matt himself. Congrats buddy, fully deserved.

[​IMG]
    CB: @Devil_Clutch1 – VFL Wolfsburg

4 GP: 1 G, 6 INTs, 2/4 TKLs (50% Tackle Success %), 12 Possessions Won/9 Possessions Lost, 4 Clean Sheets, 13/14 Passes Completed (92.9% Pass Completion %) [7.8 AMR]

He got his trade, he got his goal, he even got 4 Clean Sheets to his name. The man pulled it back and now helps lead the defensive juggernaut in Wolfsburg.

[​IMG]
    CB: @PandaKendo – RB Leipzig

4 GP: 9 INTs, 4/7 TKLs (57.1 Tackle Success %), 20 Possessions Won/6 Possessions Lost, 23/24 Passes Completed (95.8% Pass Completion %) [7.1 AMR]

I was a bit frazzled at seeing him here in the list, but even though Leipzig are on the down, there is still a gem in the General Manager trying to keep things intact.

[​IMG]
    RB: @x ScrumZzyy – FC Schalke 04

3 GP: 11 INTs, 3/5 TKLs (60% Tackle Success %), 11 Possessions Won/9 Possessions Lost, 29/35 Passes Completed (82.9% Pass Completion %) [7.8 AMR]

Oh boy, did this one become controversial. I believe in his merit that he earned his spot in the TOTW XI, and looking back, I can defend that regardless of how much pressure is had in this league already. He's a quality player and even having played 1 less game, he still shows his worth in a team that are looking to rebound.

[​IMG]
    DM: @AirBlaster_ - Bayern Munich

4 GP: 14 INTs, 10/14 TKLs (71.4% Tackle Success %), 18 Possessions Won/12 Possessions Lost, 2 Clean Sheets, 61/68 Passes Completed (89.7% Pass Completion %) [7.6 AMR]

It's the return of AirBlaster, and he's now under Bayern's wing. He was a formidable opponent at DM and he looks to try to claim more than just the TOTWs now.

[​IMG]
    CM: @Cosminnn4 – FC Schalke 04

4 GP: 2 G, 1 A, 56/75 Passes Completed (74.7% Pass Completion %), 4 Key Passes, 4/5 Shots on Target/On Goal (40% Goals/Shots on Goal %), 4 INTs, 3/12 TKLs (25% Tackle Success %), 12 Possessions Won/33 Possessions Lost [7.0 AMR]

It's Cosmin, and even when the chips are down, he'll find a way to try to spark the team that are in need to sort it out ASAP.

[​IMG]
    CM: @Mo0odi-992 – Borussia Mochengladbach

4 GP: 66/73 Passes Completed (90.4% Pass Completion %), 2 Key Passes, 0/1 Shots on Target/On Goal (0% Goals/Shots on Goal %), 9 INTs, 9/16 TKLs (56.3% Tackle Success %), 15 Possessions Won/11 Possessions Lost [7.5 AMR]

He may not have any goals and assists, but his play as a box-to-box midfielder are detailed that its not just about the production, it's also about what you to put the opposition under pressure and winning the ball for your team.

[​IMG]
    CM: @ramsam02 – FC Union Berlin

4 GP: 2 G, 3 A, 57/79 Passes Completed (72.2% Pass Completion %), 7 Key Passes, 3/3 Shots on Target/On Goal (66.7% Goals/Shots on Goal %), 8 INTs, 6/9 TKLs (66.7% Tackle Success %), 15 Possessions Won/39 Possessions Lost [7.9 AMR]

It looks to be his time to show himself after a rough S9 where he was forced to play elsewhere. Under @mullett177 's wing, he's now free to play at his best spot, and it's already paying dividends this week.

[​IMG]
    ATT: @Naxvyy – SC Freiburg

4 GP: 5 G, 1 A, 8/8 Shots on Target/On Goal (62.5% Goals/Shots on Goal %), 55/60 Passes Completed (91.7% Pass Completion %), 1 Key Pass, 3 Possessions Won/24 Possessions Lost [8.5 AMR]

Does anyone know who he is? I mean he followed me on Twitch and that's really sweet, but what a start! 5 goals in 4 games and he's helping a Freiburg team that is under @lacrossecarl and @Central153 while we still hope that @WinWitout4Knif3X returns to help his club.

[​IMG]
    ATT: @Jackovasaurus_ - FC Koln

4 GP: 3 G, 2 A, 7/8 Shots on Target/On Goal (37.5% Goals/Shots on Goal %), 51/59 Passes Completed (86.4% Pass Completion %), 5 Key Passes, 9 Possessions Won/41 Possessions Lost [8.2 AMR]

This man may have been put in a difficult position, going to a team that looked to be trying to steady itself, but man, has he gone off to put the team on his back. 5 Goals + Assists credited to him and he's already looking like the veteran that struck fear way back when.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    BLUESfan1997
  2. NickyBobbyy

NickyBobbyy NickyBobby

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1
    The time and effort you put into this does not go unnoticed. This was amazing Blues. Hell of a write up and congrats to everyone !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account