S11 Bidding Recap: Big Bids, Steals, and RA's to watch!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (LGFA)' started by Stun Gun, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Stun Gun

Stun Gun Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -37
    Ah shit, LG is back again! Stun is here with a small recap on the results for Season 11’s bidding battles! We certainly had a fun bidding session, and I’ll be giving some grades on the top bids, and also some players to watch out for, sleepers, and also who I think may Bust! Fabiolo, ST and 3 times league champ, will handle the preliminary power rankings, so check his posts out! Now, let’s get started by analyzing the top 5 bids, and how I grade their moves!

1. Joker-One-Two, GK: 14.25m, Sevilla

1. Goalies are quite important in LG, teams lacking effective and active ones usually struggle. But it’s mind boggling to me too see a keeper be this expensive. If he does great, then yes, good move, but if not; this move can tank a team’s budget.
    2. YT_ItsZae, CDM: 18.25m, Getafe

1. Zae is a solid CDM who was great with Köln last season. That being said, is 18 million really worth it for him? I would hesitate on spending that much money on a CDM when jayhawks is already a very underrated prospect at that position.
    3. xSJ_9, ST: 19.0m, Atletico Madrid

1. ST is the key goal scoring option for any team, and it’s great for teams to have reliable options for scoring goals and getting 6 points a night. SJ had a good season with league champs Bayern, helping back up and play alongside Kevin, one of the best in LG. (Fabiolo threatened to sue me if I said Kevin was better) Averaging one goal/assist per game is pretty solid for any player, but I’m not fully convinced that his skill warrants this price tag. We shall wait and see.
    4. DarthVaderMD, GK: 21.75m, Granada

1. This move is a massive hit, or a massive miss. There is no in between. We haven’t seen Darth play yet in LG, or in any Friday Night tournaments. He’s the highest priced GK in LG history, and also the only other 20m+ player this season besides you-know-who. If he turns out to be a great goalie, I’d say it’s worth it, but if not, this type of move can doom a team to bottom of the table. He’s gotten good reviews from other owners though, so there’s plenty of hope for him- wait he got BANNED? HE GOT BANNED? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The second highest bid on player gets BANNED IN PRE-SEASON? That’s hilarious. I had my doubts and they were 100% justified. Granada however now has 21.75m burning a hole in their pocket! Maybe it was 10d chess for free cash post bidding?
    5. Mayor35, CB: 34m, Atletico Madrid

1. Ah. Let’s see how much someone overpaid for Mayor this time...holy shit. This is a bold move. Honestly, no player should realistically be priced over 20m, even the best CB’s or ST’s. Mayor is great, but I feel that it’s possible to find players who have better value and can pull up Mayor’s defensive numbers, for roughly 30 million cheaper. Owners can also go full Moneyball and try and get 2-3 defenders to recreate Mayors statistics in the aggregate. Still, this move is a big, sexy one, and helps solidify an already strong defensive line.

Overall, some big bucks were spent on some big guys. But I want to take a look at some absolute steals at low prices!

1. P-a-t-r-i-c-k: 750k, Real Madrid

1. He’s back at Real, and a nice bargain buy. He’s a great CB who thrives in a strong pairing and looks to be the captain of Real’s defense heading into this season. He also will be a good mentor for Real’s set of newer defensemen.
    2. BroadwayCJ97: 750k, Villareal

1. If there’s two things Broadway can do well, it’s commentate and play GK. Stuck on the New York Jets-, I mean BVB, he pulled up great numbers in terms of saves which were never recorded into stats by the management that was somehow less competent than Adam Gase. Thankfully, he’s back and ready to get moving and saving shots, now with 3 competent defenders being with him! I’m glad to see him join a strong team, and now make it a title contender.
    3. Knifey, vivaelchelsea: 3.5m combined, Villareal

1. This is what I mean by replace players in the aggregate. Knifey and Vivaelchelsea are strong CB’s and were acquired for 1000% cheaper than Mayor. Knifey is back and previously ran alongside Mr. CheckBouncer himself as one of the top CB’s, and now leads a defense boasting one of LG’s best GK’s.
    4. Vonaey, CBear: 21m combined, Barcelona

1. This is also what I mean by players in the aggregate, just scaled up in the money. Cbear is a great CB, and Vonaey is guaranteeing Sheikh will sit on the bench again. A disgusting defensive duo that is 13m cheaper than Mayor, and already adding to a scary defense. No excuses if you don’t win the league this time, Alonzi. Your defense is the equivalent of putting Van Dijk, TOTS De Ligt, Roberto Carlos, and Mandini in it.

Finally, I want to look at some people that were RA’d and missed on, but really should’ve gotten at least 500k.

• Rahzki, CAM: RA to Getafe

• He’s back. The former BOG returns from a hockey punishment to once again take the field for LGFA with Getafe! He adds some good creativity and should not be slept on. He did great back in Fifa 19, and if he’s still strong, we could see a huge return this season.
    • Gbanana, GK: RA to Valencia

• The MOTM in the final Friday tournament, he pulled out some major saves as he graced the net. After that performance, I’m surprised to see he didn’t even get a single bid joining RealDemon as the only bidless GK. His availability may not be perfect, but his skill is there, and any team who gets him has a strong backup that they can occasionally call to get a good result.

• Like Like x 2
    lg_stungun
  2. Stun Gun

Stun Gun Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -37
    Thanks LG site, I wanted that ban ana emoji instead of the word. I'll keep it since it's actually pretty funny

• Funny Funny x 1
    lg_stungun
  3. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    Thanks for the kind words!

• Winner Winner x 1
    BroadwayCJ97