S12 Atlantic Division Standings Predictions/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    This is the most competitive division in my opinion and the one I had the most trouble with deciding where I think teams will finish.

1) Buffalo Sabres

Jakoo and Odie unite on PSN and my goodness did they get some steals in bidding with Kev and APX under 5 mil. This team is really skilled up front having 5 guys who are 1st line caliber players. The defence is led by Odie and MrRayShero giving the first 2 lines a very good dman. On paper this team should be at or near the top of the standings but just like last season, this team has a plethora of players who play LG on xbox which can cause some serious availability issues. If this team falters or doesnt do as well as it should, I would expect that availability would be the main reason.

2) Montreal Canadiens

Prom's free contract out, 3.5 mil bid in. Fog's 11 mil out, free contract in. Goos' free contract out, Cyr free contract in. Instantly this team got a lot better and they were 1 game away from beating Buffalo in the playoffs last season. I fully expect Lazie/Fog to continue their success from last season and while Giroux might be a risk, it's one that I really like for Montreal. He'll be playing on the 2nd line and will have good defence behind him. Don't think he'll put up numbers like he did with Colorado but he doesnt have to for this team to be successful. 15+ wins by him and that line and they'll be in the playoffs. Very attainable and could definitely be exceeded. Would not be surprised if they finished at the top of the division.

3) Tampa Bay Lightning

I think this team has 3 solid lines going for them. Double Brah is usually always good for at least 15 wins, and having Lafleur on defence with some good support around them should make it so they'll get closer to 20 wins this season. Im pretty sure I've predicted a point drop for MT the past 2 seasons but I think he's getting back up to 80 again this season. I think him and Willie are going to do well together this season, and Desyd should be a good fit on the back end working the puck around the right side of the ice with those 2.

4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Im not too sure how the lines will play out here but I have to think Marco and Sitful will just C the top 2 lines and the 3rd will be west. If that's the case I don't think there will be enough good support around those players for this team to get closer to the top of the division than I have them. Last season Sitful played with Rickchel and 2 seasons ago Marco played with Zigg. Now they have Coffey, Jmalarkie, Dubz, Holland. Quite the downgrade on the wing without having a top notch defence. I do like how balanced the defence is though but I feel like the top 2 lines could use some more offensive support if they're going to be more impactful.

5) Detroit Redwings

Hard putting a team that has PTP, Mclovin, Desjy and Troak here but the depth is severely lacking which it should when you have 15 mil on 1 player. I think Smirk and Lidstrom are good D partners for PTP and Desjy but like Toronto, the support around the top 2C's is not enough in my opinion to get them closer to the top of the division. This is still a team that is very capable of being in the playoff picture however, but I think the difference between Detroit and Toronto is Toronto's west 3rd should be able to win some games while Detroit's 3rd looks pretty rough.

6) Ottawa Senators

Well, Backwoods got banned and BradyTkachuk is in and to be honest I like the way this team is put together. I don't think they'll 100% make playoffs but I'm gonna go ahead and say that this team is gonna find a way to make the playoffs. The frenchies Seb/Magik/Skillzy Paradis/Twisty GRIND and they're good together. Not sure exactly what their 2nd line will be but it looks like it would be Kessely/Landmov/BradyTkachuk with Bxrrie/Dante which I think would be an underrated 2nd line. If the frenchies dominate, and this line plays as well as I think they can, there's no reason they can't make playoffs.

7) Boston Bruins

I think Polska did a decent job of balancing this team lines 1 through 3 but I just don't see this team on the same level as the others in this division. If Chipy/Polgz's effort level is there, if the west line produces and the 3rd line helps out with a good chunk of wins this team could be in the playoff picture but I just don't see it. I also don't think the defence is good enough to handle some of the highly skilled forwards that teams in this division posses. Headshot/Giant as your top pair isn't bad but after that it looks bleak. Chelios/Vikes will be on west so that will help a little bit I guess.

8) Florida Panthers

Maybe if this was NHL 16/17 I would think differently about this team. They got the steal of bidding getting Chikn at 500k and he'll be back with long time linemate Carm and Im guessing Rogo will be with them. That leaves Frost with 2 Columbus players from last season in Schwartz/Stamkos who played well down the stretch. Like Boston I just don't see them on the same level as other teams and in Florida's case their defence really wont do them any favours in my opinion. I think Tom is still a solid dman but after him it's shallow. NoSleeves is back for the first time since S9 and then Dustin rounds out their top 3. Usually if you're on bad ping all the time and look like Stevie Wonder you would listen to advice and trust your teammates to help you. Or don't. The other 3 just aren't good enough to help this team defend against the skill the rest of the division has in my opinion.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    1) Buffalo Sabres (8th)

If this team falters or doesnt do as well as it should, I would expect that availability would be the main reason.

Don't believe that was the full reason, but got to be part of it. 2nd and 3rd didn't win enough though.

2) Montreal Canadiens (3rd)
    Instantly this team got a lot better and they were 1 game away from beating Buffalo in the playoffs last season.

Got even better mid season and could be a force in the playoffs.

3) Tampa Bay Lightning (1st)

I've predicted a point drop for MT the past 2 seasons but I think he's getting back up to 80 again this season

Sorry Scott

4) Toronto Maple Leafs (6th)

I don't think there will be enough good support around those players for this team to get closer to the top of the division than I have them.

Spending a good chunk on the west 3rd didn't pan out.

5) Detroit Redwings (2nd)

I think the difference between Detroit and Toronto is Toronto's west 3rd should be able to win some games while Detroit's 3rd looks pretty rough.

Complete opposite of what happened.

6) Ottawa Senators (4th)

If the frenchies dominate, and this line plays as well as I think they can, there's no reason they can't make playoffs.

No more frenchies but they were very close.

7) Boston Bruins (5th)

I just don't see this team on the same level as the others in this division.

Chipy/Polgz did a good job trying to save it but it just wasnt enough.

8) Florida Panthers (7th)

Maybe if this was NHL 16/17 I would think differently about this team.

Still stand by this.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  3. I MT98 I

I MT98 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MT98#9855
    Ratings:
    +1,293 / 21 / -57
    LOL

• Like Like x 1