S12 Central Division Standings Predictions/Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by MrPurpleCrush, Oct 14, 2019.

1. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    1) Chicago Blackhawks

Baris takes over as owner and I'm giving Chicago the #1 spot because on paper their top east line is better than the next 3 teams listed while having good depth behind it. Let's hope it's just good depth and not second tagging this season. For real though they have a relatively similar west line returning again and if they can repeat what they did last season this team shouldnt have a problem being at, or near the top of the division. Their 3rd line of The5thline/Gwood/Mclub I think could be really good if they play some games together and have some chemistry. All 3 are solid players.

2) St. Louis Blues

The battle of Gour vs Nav will be present in the Central and on paper I'm giving the edge to Gour's Avalanche. Well that was the original plan until Gour got banned and this is why doing prediction write ups can be frustrating sometimes. Nav is back and with Hrizz as his GM on the west line, they should be able to get 20+ wins. The 2nd and 3rd lines have me a bit more worried. I like the looks of a Kipper/Broche/Palmer 2nd line but I just question the chemistry they'll have and the amount of quality offence they'll be able to create. Never seen Kipper play forward before and while I think Broche and Palmer are great 2 way players, I dont think there's a big offensive punch. Regardless they'll be good enough to get this team to the playoffs.

3) Colorado Avalanche

Genuinely thought Gour did a really good job in bidding but losing out on Jesse, getting shafted with trade comp and a hissy fit later, he catches himself a 3 season capital ban. This team is still good enough on paper however to be a playoff team. Diamond is together with Senko again who is on his 8 mil steal of a contract. They should have no problems continuing their success from previous seasons. The 2nd line of Chislett/JJR/Formless should do fine but even if they don't do great the 3rd line that has played well together in the past with ChrisTastik/Nick98/MikeMassacre could do some damage. This team is definitely skilled enough even with Gour's absence, and finally has a 3rd line that should be able to get this team to the next level but anything can happen in the playoffs.

4) Arizona Coyotes

Maybe people will think Im biased (Even though 4th isnt super high) but everyone has their opinion and I tried to view this as an “on paper” assessment rather than how I think or expect my team to do. Basically the 3 teams above have proven Owners with proven players on their roster. My team has a lot of proving to do this season and it starts with myself. Not gonna ramble too much but I like our first line's chemistry. Maybe not the best looking or most skilled 1st line, but this kid Boughs is an absolute freak and wants to win. Would not be surprised if he improved upon his rookie season. West 2nd line is the determining factor with this team. Alot of IRL chemistry but it needs to translate to the ice or else we wont be successful, so they definitely need to play more together. I think most people would view my 3rd line as one that is weaker but I think it's very capable of beating other 3rds and competing with some 2nds.

5) Minnesota Wild

This team would be higher if they were harder to match up against. Quick tip, if you play Minny on a Sunday you're probably going to want to put your 3rd line in. You play them Monday – Wednesday you have a pretty good shot at winning if your 1st or 2nd line is playing. If Tommy is willing to play Sundays with ClassAct all season I think they'll lose 3 games at the most, and Tommy gets close to, or breaks Jodach's points record. If teams really take advantage of Minny and Tommy doesnt split up himself and Class, this team could be in a bit of trouble in terms of their depth. Their 2nd and 3rd lines just dont have enough skill in my opinion to matchup well against others.

6) Nashville Predators

Outside of RvClutch their really isn't a lot of top end skill here but this team has some depth on offence and defence. Lines 1 – 3 are pretty balanced and other than at LW I dont see a huge skill gap between the 3 players at the other positions. This is a team that will probably rely heavily on all 3 lines having decent records if they are going to make the playoffs. This time around from what I can tell, Ringy only got 3 players from the S9 and S10 Canucks organization with Hypey, Jarrett and Mamm. Thanks for bidding me up on Bak to try and make it 4. I shouldn't have underestimated your love for the players on those Canucks teams.

7) Dallas Stars

Ols and Smurf are back and they should have Swayze and Inglis accompanying them on the 1st line. They're going to need a big improvement from last season if they want a shot at the playoffs because I dont think their 2nd and 3rd will be able to help them out enough if they dont. Prod and Kred are back together and I get that they're west and they have Dparans and Kickass on defence, but I don't think they're going to have enough success to help this team. Maybe if they start spamming messages again to the other teams players on PSN during games they'll have a chance. Usually full west lines succeed because of connection but I can see this one possibly not doing as well because of the lack of skill.

8) Winnipeg Jets

I'm really curious as to if Chief knows anyone in LG that got good after NHL 16? Everyone on this team (other than Greasy and Gwanzie) has been playing LG longer than dirt has been on this earth. NerdyMamba still owns my damn discord team chat from when he was owner of Florida season 6. You got my guy 2 way hockey at 6 mil, Ghost at 4 and Shot at 3 to carry the offence and I just dont see this being nearly good enough to help this team succeed. If this team is going to have a chance it will need to rely heavily upon it's defence and goaltending. Fondy/Chief/Skillzy along with Recki and Bealski need to shut down teams to give theirs a chance to win because I don't see them scoring a lot.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read these, I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoyed.

• Like x 15
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  3. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    Yeah, we may be ranked 8th, but does YOUR team have Nerdy Mamba's pre-game videos?

Didn't think so, nerd.

(good write up pal <3)

• Winner Winner x 3
    2wayhockey
  4. The Nerdy Mamba

The Nerdy Mamba Ain't I Sexy Baby. Call me White n Dirty.

Discord:
    nerdymamba#0
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / 28 / -78
    Thanks for making me feel old cody. @I2I-Way-Hockey fire up for tonight’s starting lineup fire up pre game vid.

i missed last nights I’ll be sure to have one for the boys now on.

#WinnipegPartyAnimals
    Last in the standings First in drinking!

• Winner Winner x 2
    NerdyMamba
  5. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    Uh, hi. I made @Class Act 27 hate me last season because I played all my games drunk. Dont take that from me, it's all I have.

better20yearsago
  6. MrPurpleCrush

MrPurpleCrush Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 6 / -28
    1) Chicago Blackhawks (3rd)

This team shouldnt have a problem being at, or near the top of the division.

Tied in points for 2nd.

2) St. Louis Blues (2nd)

I like the looks of a Kipper/Broche/Palmer 2nd line but I just question the chemistry they'll have and the amount of quality offence they'll be able to create.

Broche/Palmer sub 50 points but the line got 20 wins.

3) Colorado Avalanche (1st)

This team is definitely skilled enough even with Gour's absence.

The addition of Labrat for Formless and peanuts helped alot but the team was good regardless.

4) Arizona Coyotes (4th)

My team has a lot of proving to do this season and it starts with myself.

Not much proven that I didn't already expect in the regular season but hopefully that changes in the playoffs.

5) Minnesota Wild (8th)

If teams really take advantage of Minny and Tommy doesnt split up himself and Class, this team could be in a bit of trouble in terms of their depth.

Was too obvious.

6) Nashville Predators (7th)

This is a team that will probably rely heavily on all 3 lines having decent records if they are going to make the playoffs.

Team was bad all around but much respect for @l3l Ray l8l taking over this team and getting his team ready for games all season.

7) Dallas Stars (5th)

Ols and Smurf are back and they should have Swayze and Inglis accompanying them on the 1st line. They're going to need a big improvement from last season if they want a shot at the playoffs.

Played well enough but came up just short.

8) Winnipeg Jets (6th)

I'm really curious as to if Chief knows anyone in LG that got good after NHL 16?

Full season in the books and the answer is still no.

Side Note: Once again predicted playoff teams correctly (Swap CHI/COL)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrPurpleCrush
  7. WartorianT

WartorianT S10 Norris Trophy and S12 Orr Trophy Winner

Ratings:
    +96 / 26 / -90
    Congratulations spray on getting last place. Must have been a nail biting last week for u trying to clinch that last place spot. Very impressive tanking job. This will undoubtedly help your draft lottery odds for your precious draft picks. Never have we seen such a natural prodigy since firemike.

@Spray_and_pray_

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. ItsKingLyme

ItsKingLyme twitch.tv/itskinglyme

Discord:
    ItsKingLymeTTV#5441
    Ratings:
    +419 / 6 / -19

Nobody wants spray and prays little

• Informative Informative x 1