Please Vote! S12 Hart Nominees

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by AAli x 21, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Hart

1. REAP

44 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. SirGab

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Tarasenko

15 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Diamond

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. F0G

25 vote(s)
    14.5%
  6. Lxziee

6 vote(s)
    3.5%
  7. Lafleur

65 vote(s)
    37.6%
  1. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83

This sounds like the same old argument every freaking season at every level. Why shouldn't two players be nominated just because they are a part of the same line? The argument people use of well how can they be MVP if they have a linemate helping boost them up is just asinine. If we really wanted to find MVPs then there wouldn't be a so called criteria to begin with because I imagine that one of the criteria for MVP has to do with points which is all well and good but absolutely do not tell the entire story of a players ability because there are players that are more valuable to a team then someone who scores because of how strong of a two-way game they play but they'll even be considered because they don't "match the criteria". While I am not on the committee at all I did help gather stuff for the Strength of Schedule since I'm a stat nerd and have zero life whatsoever. Nominees like Knucklerz, Canadiens, Seb and others were looked at because I helped figure stats out for them so its not like they were excluded at all but I imagine the committee narrowed down the list just so there wasn't as many guys in this vote more then anything but all that is beside the point that I am trying to make here and the best way I can make that point is to show this: ​

[​IMG]
    Now for clarification here, SOS is Strength of Schedule (added up opponents records for every player they played) and SOV is Strength of Victory (added up opponents records for every player they beat). When I see the numbers out of this group of players I have a few thoughts that immediately pop up.

- Reap, Gabe, Lafleur and Seb all not only played a very tough schedule they won against very tough players
    - SOV drops off significantly after Seb's .562 SOV meaning that everyone below won against quite a few 2nd and 3rd lines
    - players like Tarasenko and Diamond while not having the toughest schedule took full advantage by putting up a larger amount of points

In my opinion, Reap, Gab and Lafleur are really the only ones worthy of MVP consideration based off this but I know for a fact there are other players out there that didn't put up 80+ points that had tougher SOS and pretty much equivalent SOV lines to these guys but this "criteria" will never get those players that recognition. Anyway the old argument of two linemates shouldn't be nominated is bullshit because if those two or three guys are hands down that much better statistically then th rest of the pack they shouldn't be punished just because they played together if they're constantly doing it against the best of the best.

• Like Like x 1
    memphisonfirex
  2. xCOACH_19

xCOACH_19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Wow thats a lot to read... 6/7 (86%) nominees have a linemate also nominated. One linemate is most likely getting all the votes anyways, so the other nomination could go to someone else that was also deserving. Pick one and give him the recognition as Most VALUABLE for his team and a top player in the league. Also the only team representing the Western Conference is Colorado. Looks like we just based all these nominees on highest points, when we have guys producing less points but they also didn't have a Top 10 or 20 forward with them on their line and still won 20+ games.

Coachx19
  3. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    LaFleur had a GREAT season, and absolutely deserves to be nominated. Instead of nominating another forward linemate over and over, check Professor Merana's stats, he is 1 win and 1 point behind LaFleur in record and offensive production but gave up 25 less goals with better defensive advanced stats. We couldn't throw him a nomination, if you didn't think WK had enough over some of the other forwards?

• Like Like x 1
    Coachx19
  4. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    The Votes back me up. There will never be two "Most Valuable" players on the same line. Its impossible to vote for both linemates, one will always receive more votes over the other linemate, so you just wasted a nomination for someone else who deserved it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Coachx19
  5. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    But do they really deserve a pity nomination if theres two linemates that are both statistically better then that so called "other" deserving player? Because last I checked MVP is an individual award and not a team award so why would it matter if they're on the same line if they are both deserving. People get mad because someone else got snubbed but hows it look when a clearly better player with stats that are way better gets snubbed instead just because "oh you're on the same line as that other guy". Just because both linemates can't win doesn't mean they don't deserve the nomination and someone else with lesser stats should get it.

memphisonfirex
  6. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    Number of games played vs 1st lines is shocking af

Laf didn't played on the 3rd at all

No Streaming Account
  7. louiedeuce8

louiedeuce8 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -10
    Laf better win this and the Norris no CAP

No Streaming Account
  8. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    • Winner Winner x 1
    bazlund
  9. LaFleuR11

LaFleuR11 Terrible Defenseman

Ratings:
    +357 / 4 / -16
    I played 2 games okay

• Like Like x 1
    LaFleuRmax11
  10. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    That comment was when I mentioned SebQc... who wasn’t on the same line as LaFleur, and who got 20 wins... not sure how you got LaFleur playing on the 3rd line from that

Coachx19
  11. White_Knucklerz

White_Knucklerz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 5 / -18
    3 linemates up for nomination. Tough to vote who is most valuable to the line when I don't watch streams. I guess the people are speaking. Reap and Fog crushing their linemates in voting.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. OG-ZeRo-92

OG-ZeRo-92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +488 / 10 / -47
    Let gab and reap split it carried the whole team pretty much through week 5

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    How does it look? It looks like someone else getting 20+ wins with 70+ points on a line that doesn’t include another Top 10 forward on it lol. Means another person had to work harder to will his line to a win. What you are saying is You played with another great forward all season, here is a pitty nomination, even though your line mate was deemed more valuable.

Coachx19
  14. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    Also correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like one committee member is picking nominations for each award? So these are AAli’s nominees, not a committee collectively deciding who is nominated. The Lady Byng was MT98’s nominees, not a committee collectively deciding the nominations. So if AAli doesn’t think someone is worthy of a nomination there is no check and balance from any other source? Hm

Coachx19
  15. Professor_Merana

Professor_Merana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 1 / -16
    Thanks to the awards committee for taking the time and effort to collect all of the data and select the nominees. With that being said, @White_Knucklerz not getting a nomination is both laugh out loud funny and an atrocity!!

The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is awarded annually to the "player judged most valuable to his team".

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    While I know you are not going to promote yourself, because that’s not something you do. WK should hands down win the Selke, but it would be hard for him to be nominated over the other forwards for the Hart. As I mentioned above I actually believe you should have been nominated.

Coachx19
  17. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    the award comittee gives me no respeck

chipyox
  18. White_Knucklerz

White_Knucklerz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 5 / -18
    Why?!

No Streaming Account
  19. LaFleuR11

LaFleuR11 Terrible Defenseman

Ratings:
    +357 / 4 / -16
    Because (by Aali stats) you played 18x 3rd lines WK

LaFleuRmax11
  20. xCOACH_19

Discord:
    coachx19#0
    Ratings:
    +519 / 22 / -60
    For you, the stats that stand out when comparing to the other forwards are defensive stats, which is why I think it’s a no brainer that you would get the Selke. Also I do believe the Eastern conference was more challenging. If you want my honest opinion, I believe your brother was more valuable to Seattle. Offensively he was better than most Dmen in the league, and defensively you can argue he was the best when comparing defensive stats.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Coachx19